Discovery Gaming Community
In a gaming rot.. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: In a gaming rot.. (/showthread.php?tid=34888)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

In a gaming rot.. - Dantrithor - 02-16-2010

Shogo: Mobile Armor Division

It's old, but it was a funny as hell game.

And i think it still has a quite active online community with mods/patches for online play!

In a gaming rot.. - MrHeadphones - 02-16-2010

Well, if you enjoyed NWN, there's a sequel,and also Dragon Age: Origins, made by the same people, is pretty epic, although there are fewer classes than either NWN or BG.

Delving into some slightly more obscure games, there's Age of Wonders: Shadow magic (it's part of a series, but this is the only one I've got) which is a 2d hexagon turn based rts with some pretty awesome spells and abilities (to anyone else who has played it, 2 spellcasting heroes with enough mana for holy smite, plus your wizard, is still my favourite combo), there's also King's Bounty, which I've only just started playing, but it's pretty awesome so far, although it needed a lot of patching to get it to run on my pc.

Of course, if you can't be bothered to pay for anything, there's Battle for Wesnoth, a freeware turn based hexagonal strategy game (TBHSG?) which involves some RPG elements, and can be hugely challenging in some places

In a gaming rot.. - ivr56 - 02-17-2010

Resident Evil 5

Been playing it more now, great fun.
Great Game. Got it awhile ago last year. Combat similar to RE4 if you played it.
Great Story (Hard in places) and characters.
Plus Co-Op
Lots of Unlocks
A mode called Mercenaries; Basically run around a map killing all the stuff you can and rack up bonuses, combos and new stuff

or Gears of War Windows

Another 3rd person shooter.
Originally a 360 game.
Great Story, Lengthy Campaign. 3 Difficulties made it fun to play though again. Finished Casual and hardcore working on Insane right now,
Combat is interesting
Co-Op!
Multiplayer
Hvy Mod Support Courtesy of Unreal Engine 3 and Tools on Disk

Both are Great Games
Love em both.

In a gaming rot.. - Zavier - 02-18-2010

>.>
<.<
MechWarrior & MechCommander series, don't touch MechAssault with a over 9000 kilometer pole.

In a gaming rot.. - ivr56 - 02-19-2010

' Wrote:, don't touch MechAssault with a over 9000 kilometer pole.
Mechassault is Awesome
Enjoyed the Game so much, sadly no more Live support for it in April of this year :(

Still waiting on the free release of Mercenaries, they (MekTek) say its done but M$ still haven't given them the go. Buying Crysis just for Living Legends is seeming like a good thing soon to get my online Mech fix

In a gaming rot.. - Mounteblanc - 02-19-2010

' Wrote:Mechassault is Awesome
Enjoyed the Game so much, sadly no more Live support for it in April of this year :(

Still waiting on the free release of Mercenaries, they (MekTek) say its done but M$ still haven't given them the go. Buying Crysis just for Living Legends is seeming like a good thing soon to get my online Mech fix

*coughhereticcough*

Meh, I though it was awesome when I first played it, too. The sheer graphical superiority in comparison to MW4 Mercs was, well... Yeah.

But then I replayed Mercs/Vengeance. And I had even more fun.

In a gaming rot.. - Zavier - 02-19-2010

I'll agree, Mech Assault had good gameplay. Other than that, it was horrendous. Battletech won't work in such an arcade-like atmosphere, nor will it work without a mechbay to edit your loadouts with!

In a gaming rot.. - looqas - 02-22-2010

No one has mentioned the Splinter Cell series? Definitely worth checking out.

In a gaming rot.. - ophidian - 02-22-2010

Ophidian Wrote:Splinter Cell 1-2-3-4

:D

In a gaming rot.. - oZoneRanger - 02-22-2010

Dont know if its been mentioned yet...

Enemy Territory- No Quarter Mod.

WWII Themed FPS- Great maps and people keep making more, and good community support, and yea you can go it alone, but Teamplay is a must to have fun with it.

Check you www.Kernwaffe.de if you are interested in it. Has all you need to start playing.

OzoneRanger