Discovery Gaming Community
Nomad healing - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Nomad healing (/showthread.php?tid=36846)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Nomad healing - Blighter - 03-20-2010

' Wrote:-10% every minute, yeah, that'll mean a lot in a fight where one hit takes away more.
-Works only when speed <15, so no dodging
-Shield and powercore must be at max, so one hit, no regen. One shot, no regen either.
-Nomads wouldn't be able to go farther into the corona than any other ship, like I've said before: corona =! death zone.

And on the Xeno ganks: they can fly to their base, try to fly to your base as a nomad when you're 15 system jumps away.

' Wrote:I may get flamed for this, but...

why not create total regeneration on Nomad wherever it is?

[color=#FF0000]EYES GLARING ANGRILY

WAIT!!! PLEASE LET ME EXPLAIN!!!

I've just read some interesting things that the squids experience... Can't dock anywhere else other than the Shrine, a freakishly-far-away place? Botts & batts keep running out? Want to extend RP without creating a POWERGAPPER?

I go with the life-regeneration-part when the energy-bar is full, but they have some restrictions:
1.) They are SLOW (0.1%-3% per minute)
2.) They activate only in systems with stars (the more, the better; none means no regen)
3.) They are unobstructed (not in any cloud that work like the Badlands)
4.) They SHOULDN'T MOVE to activate it
5.) They exist as a hardpoint for the shield (so NO VEIL FOR YUZ :P)

I hope I've contributed something.

If it's supposed to be regeneration outside of combat then...

Wait a second.

They got that.

Totally do.

I mean GUYS, WAIT!

ALL SHIPS, ALL PLAYERS, EVERYONE HAS IT!

It's called farming Nanobots and Shield Batteries off NPCs. /troll

Nomad healing - Jihadjoe - 03-20-2010

' Wrote:Now picture that thing.

Running away.

With you having no way to shoot it down easily because it's so damn agile.

And then flying into a sun's corona.

Where you can't follow since your hull will melt.

While it will regenerate.

Over.

And over.

And ooover.
Fun, innit?

This is correct.

I'm in the keepers. I don't want this. I like fights I can lose.

Nomad healing - Guest - 03-20-2010

' Wrote:This is correct.

I'm in the keepers. I don't want this. I like fights I can lose.

What fights? You can't even be fighting for the regen to kick in, it wouldn't matter in combat at all. Technically, it would be the same as returning to base after a fight to restock, except that your weapons and equipment would still be damaged.

' Wrote:What fights? You can't even be fighting for the regen to kick in, it wouldn't matter in combat at all. Technically, it would be the same as returning to base after a fight to restock, except that your weapons and equipment would still be damaged.

You mean, exactly as if you had farmed some Nanobots and Shield Batteries and used those?

OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN-

' Wrote:You mean, exactly as if you had farmed some Nanobots and Shield Batteries and used those?

OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN-

Yes, on a server with 180+ people there are always lots of npcs to hunt:rolleyes:

' Wrote:Yes, on a server with 180+ people there are always lots of npcs to hunt:rolleyes:

Q_Q more or bug an Outcast?

What will one full bar of hull do you good in the next fight anyway when you're out of Nanos from fighting?

Sure not much, no?

Nomad healing - ... kur nubÄ—go? - 03-20-2010

' Wrote:What fights? You can't even be fighting for the regen to kick in, it wouldn't matter in combat at all. Technically, it would be the same as returning to base after a fight to restock, except that your weapons and equipment would still be damaged.

Generaly sirius wide zoi means weaker equipment. Nomads seems do not have this. So secrefice is being done by the bases. Looks fair to me.

' Wrote:Q_Q more or bug an Outcast?

What will one full bar of hull do you good in the next fight anyway when you're out of Nanos from fighting?

Sure not much, no?

I can win a fight in a Morph against a bomber or a SHF without using bots, with only some scrapes on my hull, sunlight could patch that up.

' Wrote:I can win a fight in a Morph against a bomber or a SHF without using bots, with only some scrapes on my hull, sunlight could patch that up.

If you can do that you sure can spare one or two of the 45 Nanos your Morph carries, no, Mister Hotshot?

' Wrote:If you can do that you sure can spare one or two of the 45 Nanos your Morph carries, no, Mister Hotshot?

Mister Hotshot believes he shouldn't waste bots on something that doesn't require an entire bot to repair.