Discovery Gaming Community
Nomad Trial Privileges - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Nomad Trial Privileges (/showthread.php?tid=43468)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Nomad Trial Privileges - Exile - 07-10-2010

' Wrote:According to the tech chart, the Nomad Trial ID can only use Nomad Equipment and Generic Equipment.

This means, no use of any human guns whatsoever. No Outcasts, no Civilian guns etc.
The ID can only use things like the Mini Razor, Mines, CMs, CDs.
I say give the Morph some weak Nomad Class 8s, that aren't worth using on anything else.
When we discussed the whole "open up Iota/99 to the morphs" thing, the topic of guns came up too. Personally, I said give them no guns at all. Force them to roleplay. There may be situations in which you'll have to defend yourself, but roleplay your way out of that as well. In the special case of there being some one so thickheaded that they just don't get the fact that behind that morphs is a person, and that all they want is a blue message, you should just leave. People like that aren't worth interacting with in any shape or form.

Nomad Trial Privileges - Jinx - 07-10-2010

to quickly chime in...

... when you interact - try to interact in a way that others can react to it if you wish for a reaction. - don t be too enigmatic without leaving clues ( clues that can be solved in the situation you re in )

if you re writing stuff that no one understands - its simply annoying, and you shouldn t be surprised when the only reaction is weaponfire. - people can only respond if they understand what to respond to - and when they are given a choice how to respond to it.

so even if you have thought out a brilliant RP code you speak in - its worthless when others cannot crack it ( in the time it takes before they decide that shooting is easier )

there have been a few morphs that attempted to RP - telling stuff to random people, trying hard to rp with them, but they left these people without clues how to RP back. saying "figure it out" isn t really an option, as interaction must happen on the same level, not from above "i know what i do, you must figure it out - if you fail, it is your fault".

in general - having public equivalents to lvl8 or even 9 weapons ( public, not keeper equivalent ) weapons won t hurt much - or not more than an arrow with any guns.
however - having the option to fight - begets situation in which you will choose to fight.

when you have a gun, the gun is always an option - and an option to use it.

when you have no gun, you will be forced to explore alternative ways - ways you wouldn t think of if you had a gun, cause the gun presents an "easy" way.

Nomad Trial Privileges - Exile - 07-10-2010

' Wrote:when you have a gun, the gun is always an option - and an option to use it.

when you have no gun, you will be forced to explore alternative ways - ways you wouldn t think of if you had a gun, cause the gun presents an "easy" way.
Yes. And since being a morph is supposed to be a learning experience, I'd prefer it if Morphs used no guns, but new and previously unknown ways of getting yourself out of a situation. Everyone knows how to shoot.

Still, this is just my personal opinion.

Nomad Trial Privileges - Hell Hunter - 07-10-2010

' Wrote:Yes. And since being a morph is supposed to be a learning experience, I'd prefer it if Morphs used no guns, but new and previously unknown ways of getting yourself out of a situation. Everyone knows how to shoot.

Still, this is just my personal opinion.
If theres no guns theres still mines and torps.
And ramming :P

Nomad Trial Privileges - Nosferath - 07-10-2010

' Wrote:I never said defending would be OORP, but I simply don't think that a young nomad should have the "power" of a fully grown one. Trials aren't meant to be fighting anyway, young nomads are out there to learn, not to destroy. Letting them mount real lasers of grown up Nomads is as stupid as letting them mount human weapons, but well...Sure, sometimes (most of the time) you get shot by some guys, but those are mostly lolwutterish people around Liberty. I think you can hence my point.

Imagine, if mrophs couldn't use weapons, the would be killed without any chance of defending themselves. That's the purpose of the weapons, tu survive, not to kill.

Nomad Trial Privileges - Treewyrm - 07-10-2010

If the purpose is merely to survive then you've got the tools already: impressive agility.

Anyway, my opinion on this is neither at "no weapons at all" camp nor at "give us nomad weapons". There are sound pros and cons at both.

But let's assume it's the second option. What weapons would those be? Go on, come up with stats you'd think would fit. Also whether they should have mines or not. Go ahead, be creative.

Nomad Trial Privileges - squidofsymphony - 07-10-2010

http://i25.tinypic.com/28smw05.jpg

Terrible damage, energy consumption of an ARCHANGEL and at a ridiculous price.

TOooooooooooooo Largeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

-King

-Forgive my n00bism.

Nomad Trial Privileges - Elsdragon - 07-10-2010

Well, depending on who you ask, diffrent people will give diffrent answers on what you are allowed to use. Cannon at one time told me to use Krakens, Flashpoints, or nothing, I recall. At any rate, weapons dont matter as much, but good luck running away, you will need it. TCD and all that.

Nomad Trial Privileges - Psychic.Paul - 07-11-2010

Treewyrm Wrote:But let's assume it's the second option. What weapons would those be? Go on, come up with stats you'd think would fit. Also whether they should have mines or not. Go ahead, be creative.

Lets look how it is now before we do that, shall we?

You might want to look at the morph and in particular at the fact that it can mount class 9s, but not class 10s

1-Missiles------------------------------
Nomad class 9 missile
=exact same stats as cannonball missile

Putting a beautiful nomad weapon instead of an ugly oorp looking humand weapon will have no change in wep power

2-Torp slot------------------------------
Nomad Torpedo
hull damage: 18600
Shiled damage= 9300
speed= 370
energy usage= 8000
(lmited by ammo)

Inferno
hull damage= 520
Shield damage= 24760
speed=550
energy= 8200

Dont know about you, but I'd go with the unlimited and more efficient shieldbuster, especially if I got krakens aswell.
Putting a beautiful nomad weapon instead of an ugly oorp looking humand weapon will make your ship less powerfull, not more powerfull

3-Thruster--------------------------
Metal looking nomad thruster has exactly the same stats as a nomad looking nomad thruster.
Still, the morph is only allowed to use the ugly human one.
For some reason...

4-CDs-----------------------------
Human and nomad CDs are pretty much the same, except that the huma none looks horrible on a nomad ship. Correct me if Im wrong.

5-Guns----------------------------
Lesser Nomad Laser Type I
hull damage= 630
shield damage= 315
speed= 700
refire= 3.03
energy: 128

Nomad lesser laser Type II
Hull damage= 475
shield damage= 237
speed= 700
refire= 4
Energy usage : 96

Kraken type 2
hull damage= 556
shield damage= 275
speed= 700
refire= 4
energy: 126

More damage, with little less energy efficiency for the Outcast weapons. Would be interesting to note here that a morph has enough energy to fire 3 Krakens for an almost unlimited span of time. So energy efficiency doenst really matter since oyu cna fire both forever.
Putting a beautiful nomad weapon instead of an ugly oorp looking humand weapon will make your ship less powerfull, not more powerfull

6-Shields-------------------------------------
Morph can mount a class 9 human LF shield... which isnt sold anywhere where a morph can buy it, since it cant land on Order or Outcast bases. It could still get the LF 9 shield if it broke rules and got it form the Outcasts tho (no one can buy before they become a morph though, because no LF except morph cna mount a class 9 shield)
I think the cnomad lass 10 LF shield must be a bit better...
So this is the only part as far as I see there a nomad tech would give any advantage over a human tech for the morph.

=====================

So...

Giving a morph the best nomad tech it can mount.... would make it WEAKER than it would be with the best human tech, except for possible the shield, which I couldnt find on the server I had access to nomad stuff on.

This means.... that the entire discussion about this subject till now had been comlete and utter...

Bullocks.

You dont have to make new weapons.

You dont have to change the mod.

All you had to do is drop a stupid useless rule that made things worse for everyone.

You could have made the morph more IRP, more beautiful, and less powerfull long ago.

But no resident nomad or morph or anyone or anyone at all chose to check on this or point it out.

I can not see any reason at all why morphs shouldnt have normal regular nomad weapons.

Except that maybe people just want others to use ugly human tech, so that someone could feel more special about themselves.

This is a sad, sad, sad fact about the state of how things are handled here, and about how players communicate to each other here.

Let morphs buy nomad tech. They cant mount any nomad stuff that is more dangerous that human tech., Restrict them to Iota, 99, 90,delta, kappa, minor, alaska. It would fix both the omicrons and the morph-infested house liberty. If you want to LEARN nomad RP, you better do it with Keepers. In the rest of sirius, you arent learning it, you are practicing it on people who have no desire to hear it.

Its so easy.

WHY does it take so much time and so much effort for people to open there eyes and unclog their brains?

Nomad Trial Privileges - Grumblesaur - 07-11-2010

Hey look, an intelligent post that discredits nearly every reason the community has posted!

Remember kiddies, when you make a monopoly on a faction, you have to muck around with people who want in.