Discovery Gaming Community
Remade Rheinland Cruiser - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Remade Rheinland Cruiser (/showthread.php?tid=56724)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Remade Rheinland Cruiser - Toaster - 12-18-2011

Making the Rheinland capital ships rounder would ruin the steampunk-like, stereotypical-German-warmachine look of them. So, nope.

Remade Rheinland Cruiser - Tachyon - 12-18-2011

I don't think vanilla stuff will get a replacement at any point.
Also, what Toasty said.

Remade Rheinland Cruiser - Veygaar - 12-18-2011

Looks about the same... Idk, I don't mind seeing a slight change in ships over time.

Remade Rheinland Cruiser - schlurbi - 12-19-2011

My Opinion is: Why not? This is Discovery and not Vanilla. If the Creator manages to get the same Explosion Effect, why should this not be replaced? Basically it is an Improvement. That here is the original Cruiser without Texture, take a look.

[Image: Cruiser%201%20no%20Txt.png]
[Image: Cruiser%202%20no%20txt.png]
[Image: Cruiser%203%20no%20txt.png]

Remade Rheinland Cruiser - (ツ) - 12-19-2011

' Wrote:Making the Rheinland capital ships rounder would ruin the steampunk-like, stereotypical-German-warmachine look of them. So, nope.

I have to disagree about your opinion of the vanilla look:

Rheinland ships look neither stereotypical-German, nor steampunk...

Just consider the following:

[Image: 15-german-stereotypes.jpg]

+
[Image: Dr-Who-Steampunk-Dalek.jpeg]

=
[Image: RheinCruiser-s.png]

???????????

Besides, the new model matches the original look as closely as possible.

Remade Rheinland Cruiser - Tachyon - 12-19-2011

The first picture is stereotypical and therefore offending, remove it (face de la cool).

Also, the equation makes sense, but even if it wouldn't, this is FL -and- disco, any relations to real life, reality and any kind of real science doesnt have to exist.

Remade Rheinland Cruiser - Taneru - 12-19-2011

There is nothing steampunk about Rheinland ships.

Remade Rheinland Cruiser - Tachyon - 12-20-2011

Point is, I guess, that rheinland ships should have that un-modern (green-dirty-ish?) middle-industrial look, edges, flat shapes and so on.
Rounded off edges would look, let's say, too modern.

Remade Rheinland Cruiser - Maelstrom - 12-20-2011

I don't think the rounded edges take anything from the feel of Rhineland ships. The biggest thing that comes to mind when I think Rhineland isn't blocky. It's massive. All rhineland vessels seem overly armored middle ages forts hurtling through space in front of equally massive engines. Even thier fighters, though having more grace than thier capital brethren, seem overly armored. It's like they are the space-age equivalent of 12'th century crusading knights. At least that's how they seem to me.

If the designer can get it to go boom like the current model I'm all for the change.

Remade Rheinland Cruiser - Sturmwind - 12-20-2011

The only thing Rheinland vessels need to change is the color scheme. I never understood what green has to do with German culture.

gj though )))