Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Policy Changed - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: Policy Changed (/showthread.php?tid=57055)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Admin Notice: Policy Changed - casero - 03-21-2011

People giving up to admin position and modding position are complaining of lazyness and not working hard enough?;)

It's not the best solution (to my eyes), but it's not good either people giving out loans back and front without any RP background just as:

A: "I want a loan"
B: "Here you go!"

1 month later

B: "He stole me!!!... admins save me!!"

What I'm thinking is... those scams product of people giving out loans without any background, shouldn't be watched by admins.
The question then should be: What's enough background/references?

Are the admins the ones to judge what's enough RP?
Are they to judge if you took a wrong person to lend a loan?

Why is repaying the only possible solution for a loan when not paying is valid situation to play out as well?

My suggestion would be... get deeper in the loan bussiness... get more serious... and then, you should get admin backup.

Make loans valid only to players who can provide certain references.
And everything I said from here will be repeating my previous post.

Admin Notice: Policy Changed - Dusty Lens - 03-21-2011

' Wrote:People giving up to admin position and modding position are complaining of lazyness and not working hard enough?;)

I gave up my admin position primarily because of a combination of working with Agmen being absolutely insufferable and my life circumstances altering dramatically.

I gave up my dev position for reasons which are largely similar, though I still do work for them on request.

I've been an admin. You have not. Consider that before you attempt to laugh off my criticism.

Admin Notice: Policy Changed - Dieter Schprokets - 03-21-2011

I'm going home now.

Admin Notice: Policy Changed - casero - 03-21-2011

And those who still are admins don't deserve a little more than "you are just being lazy"? People who have been admins the same amount of time than you, or even more?

From a former admin, calling them lazy for still working and trying new things to improve this place seems a little odd.

I'd call lazy to those who are still admins and don't care about it, not to those who are seeking for solutions, even if those are not the best solutions.

Spending 1230123 hours checking out sanction reports and loan scams can be effective, but not efficient.

But besides that, I think this is a call to re-work the loan system to make it something more than

"I want loan"
"here it is"

Ship sales made no sense before, they were even moved out of RP section. They still make no sense, and they have to be watched by admins.

Don't want to get scammed, don't sell/buy ships. Or help finding a way to make it work without admin's watching over your shoulders.

Same goes for loans, don't want to lose 600 million on a loan? Don't give so much... ask for references... get a faction/group backing the one requesting the loan... I don't know... Why should this place be a "I want to give credits to everyone without suffering any risks"?

I'm not saying to remove loans completely... because it's something that can be fun to play, but the question is "Why to play something that you know the outcome before hand?"

Make a better system to give loans, and you won't need admin intervention.

If you need admins backing your loans, it's because you are being lazy, not them.

Admin Notice: Policy Changed - Xanthian - 03-21-2011

Could you by chance make a loan card?

Much like the cards already in the game that sell for a flat currency, however with one difference.

Player A uses a command to make (or buy) a Loan card. Upon doing so the card will deduct the amount of money he made the card for. Player A's Character name is permanently attached to the loan card.

He gives the card to player B. When Player B receives the card, he will gain that amount of money. The card however will be permanently bound to all his ships on that account.

So lets say he took a 100mil loan.

Any time he wants to make a payment to that loan, he simply enters a command /payloan <amount>. The money is taken from his account, and given to the name of the character stored on the card that gave him the loan. This continues until the balance is zero, at which time the card disappears.

If player B does not repay the loan in the specified time.. all ships and weapons on that account (along with credits) will be flagged for "auction". Thus the game will sell off his stuff until the balance is zero or the account is cleared (thus the loaner could possibly not get everything back leaving some risk in loaning). Or at least it could autoflag the account for default Loan.

I do not know how hard this would be to make or what FLhook can handle, however I do not think some of the idea is impossible. For the things that are not possible outright, I am sure the Dev's are smart enough to come up with an alternative solution.

Admin Notice: Policy Changed - Reaver Company Inc. - 03-21-2011

' Wrote:And those who still are admins don't deserve a little more than "you are just being lazy"? People who have been admins the same amount of time than you, or even more?

From a former admin, calling them lazy for still working and trying new things to improve this place seems a little odd.

I don't see why. Being an admin doesn't exempt you from criticism any more than being a faction leader does. Kuraine had been an admin longer than I, didn't stop me from pointing out that I'd gotten more use out of a bag of soggy bread than from him.

If a ruling is handed down with what I perceive to be less than the consideration it deserves or the information we deserve to be both gracefully and graciously incorporated into the mod I'll cheerfully report my disdain. That's what happened here. If it never happened again I'd only be too happy.

When I claimed that the decision was based on apathy it was prior to additional information being presented. At which time I recalled my claim due to concurring that if the system is being overwhelmed with fraud reports it was no longer realistic to expect the admin team to cover the system.

Dusty here, gosh darn it. Missed a +1. Gah.

Admin Notice: Policy Changed - SpaceTime - 03-21-2011

I like it & support it. The odd insurance that all lenders have, will end. It will also add some in-RP interactions because of the new policies in loans.

Example: Let's assume that Samura will continue giving out loans. But now, it will require some kind of insurance before it gives a loan. So if the person who asks for a loan is not a newbie, he will probably be part of a player faction. Therefore, Samura will ask from this person to bring a high ranked member of his faction and post on behalf of the faction.

In the end, if the money aren't given back by the player or the faction, then the faction will face in-RP consequences, that is probably will lead to bad relationship with Samura or even worse, restrictions within Kusari (because of Samura's huge influence). Also, the player will face in-RP consequences, like being bountied or even worse, being FR5ed by Samura.

Now, for the above assumption to work, it requires the lender to be a company or at least a group which has some influence and power. Otherwise, the in-RP consequences of the scammer (and his faction), won't/cannot be severe. And this is good since individuals are impossible (or at least unusual) to have large amounts of money.

Admin Notice: Policy Changed - Markus_Janus - 03-21-2011

I have no problem with the admin protection being removed.
If the admin team are getting too many problems then by all means yes, stop the protection.

However the loans made before the announcement, were made in a climate that had said protection and should remain that way till settled.
Any loans made after this date can be adapted to the new enviroment, but the loans from before have not had that chance.

Admin Notice: Policy Changed - Disco - 03-21-2011

How will not refunding loaners for lost credits stop loan scams?

Admin Notice: Policy Changed - tansytansey - 03-21-2011

Loans are stupid any way.

Letting someone jump into a big ship right from the get go means they miss out on a lot of the important learning processes you go through while earning your first million credits to buy a decent freighter.

Quote:How will not refunding loaners for lost credits stop loan scams?

FYI, loans are not a part of this game. It was a player made decision that they would start a loan lending business, it is not a function of the game. The admins have no obligation to make sure you don't get scammed, it is your own.

Just like the Admins don't care if a weapon dealer gets scammed, they shouldn't care if a loan lender gets scammed either.

Is this a roleplay server or not? Someone defaults on their load, hire goons to make their lives miserable and extract the money by force.

Less QQ more pew pew.