Discovery Gaming Community
GRN feedback thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+----- Forum: Faction Review and Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=135)
+------ Forum: Archived Feedback Threads (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=484)
+------ Thread: GRN feedback thread (/showthread.php?tid=60805)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

GRN feedback thread - Alley - 12-24-2011

' Wrote:three way brawl between the GRN, KNF and BAF.

Oh man I so remember this :D

GRN feedback thread - Dab - 12-24-2011

' Wrote:That's stupid though... Even on the pre-.86 event server, it was a three way brawl between the GRN, KNF and BAF. I'm fairly sure that announcement was just a knee-jerk reaction to the CCCP invading Bretonia.
The announcement was made by a certain admin before the CCCP were born, and got a heavy response of incredulity and repeated remarks of "That's stupid.." from GRN players, BAF players, and completely uninvolved, neutral, third parties.

We were told to fight KNF, except KNF refuse to ever leave Kusari or Leeds, and we can only go into the Taus, where we get super-ganked by IMG (indies), CR, OC, Nomad, Order swarms all working together. (This is no hyperbole, this exact combination has happened before.)

So yes, I told my guys they can stay in "hibernation" until .86, when the roleplay environment won't allow for such ridiculous breaches of faction ZoIs, out of roleplay alliances born of nonsensical Gallia-hate that is pervading the community for some reason no one can figure out, and where we'll be allowed to actually fight our main storyline enemy. An enemy we're being told we cannot fight currently, despite our lore.

GRN feedback thread - Skullz - 12-24-2011

So all my research on Gaul/France history, typically the eras before the French revolution, is just a load of bollocks then.

And I see no argument against me with Gallic Junkers Lore. If anything I have fully embraced it, but it shows that you are ignorant of that fact. And I am correct to say the quotes that I provided are Apologetic, check this out. So you can understand that I find your argument against it useless and petty.

Also I am not abrasive as you actually think. Shows how much Bad talking Dab has given players he knows. Since you Dab and those who claim that I am abrasive all do not know me. I am anything but abrasive. If you want to get to know what my personnel traits actually are you should talk to me. Dab thinks I am abrasive for what reason, NONE. He promised I would be included in certain things, yet when it came to it he shunned me from it. I detest those who lie, and all I have seen Dab do with me is lie. I apologise for every OORP wrong I have done to him, yet he has not apologised for one single thing that he has done to me.

As I can only see that people here only show they truely are on a single track that has no joints in I won't bother with people like you anymore. I am on of the most open minded people you would ever know, whilst those who show that they are on one track, which is a few here continue to be closed minded.

I will say this last thing, You can't do what ever the hell you like. You have to roleplay with in certain restrictions, those restrictions being set by Igiss. If you go against it, you have to correct you roleplay. You show that you are willing to completely ignore an ID that was written with purpose. That purpose of that Id was top show that character is Loyal to the Crown, for which you obviously ignore.

And then even Dab lies through his teeth yet again, claiming there is No ID that stats you are a Gallic Junker When there is one.
PROOF
So Dab and any one else, do not deny that one does exist, because there is an ID that exists for Gallic Junkers.

GRN feedback thread - Dab - 12-24-2011

' Wrote:If you want to get to know what my personnel traits actually are you should talk to me.
I should point out, we did that. Irwin was even there and witnessed the results of attempting to talk to you.

I'll make the same offer I did before; If you allow it, I can post the skype chat logs here for everyone to see.

I imagine your answer to that offer will tell everyone the full story.

GRN feedback thread - jammi - 12-24-2011

' Wrote:Also I am not abrasive as you actually think. Shows how much Bad talking Dab has given players he knows. Since you Dab and those who claim that I am abrasive all do not know me. I am anything but abrasive. If you want to get to know what my personnel traits actually are you should talk to me.
Skullz, mate, Dab hasn't said anything to me about you. The only time we really speak is if we need to nag each other for something related to the Bretonian Parliament. That point you made about Dab prejudicing people is null. When I say abrasive, I refer to what I can see in your inRP posts. That's got nothing to do with you as a person.

InRP, unless you change the way you RP your character (i.e. don't insult and offend the entire Gallic monarchy / Bretonian government, etc), nothing is really going to change. As for the research, that only goes so far. Your Commtess (sp?) insulted a princess and numerous high ranking royal officials. Considering the king is a tyrant who does what he likes anyway, tradition has as much chance of being recognised as a snowball in hell.

These things happen. No I don't have a vendetta against you. Yes I am responding from what I've actually read of your RP.

EDIT: Dab, my offer is still there. We'll shoot first.

GRN feedback thread - Alley - 12-24-2011

ID =/= RPing a smartass to a dictatorship

Keep trying be smart, it will certainly help you. Don't you think you should have learnt a lesson by now ? It's not by insulting people, thinking you are better than everyone else and oh god being able to call someone with so many names in such a small time span that you will get anywhere in this community.

You will not have a single inch of respect from any player here if you are not able to respect them in return. I don't think it's hard to understand. Closed minded ? Oh god, the idiocy that you are able to post is simply killing me. Do you even know what you are saying ?

I had issues with LaBrise a year ago, big OORP issues. And now ? We're friends.
I had issues with some members of the CR as well. And now ? We've got over it and are back on sane relations.

If I was as closed minded as you pretend, I doubt I would have been able to discuss with these people as serenely as we did when we fixed our problems. The only one that is closed minded here is you. Dab offered you a chance twice, people offered you a lot of chances to fix your mistakes, should they have been during the OS&C summit thing or the FP10 thing. You have disregarded every single of these chances offered to you by totally different members of the community and repeatedly insulted them. I do think it's maybe time for you to question yourself and find out what the problem is. You can't blame such an amount of persons that have nothing in common for the same thing.

We're done here.

GRN feedback thread - Jihadjoe - 12-24-2011

' Wrote:Faction review and feedback is intended to provide a forum for raising out-of-roleplay issues concerning official factions on Discovery RP 24/7.

All discussions must be conducted in a reasonable manner. If you post while annoyed, it will most likely reflect poorly on you. This applies to all parties concerned.

The only issues that may be raised here:
1) Issues surrounding grossly unbalanced or inappropriate technology use, including the exploitation of combinations of equipment not intended by mod developers. This does not include complaints about equipment which was approved by administrators, such as those granted when a faction was created.

<snip>

2) Abuse of faction rights, i.e. the exercise of power for its own sake without sufficient justification.
3) Poor in-game behaviour, characterised by repeated incidents which are harmful to server gameplay, and not merely once-off incidents or the exercise of tactical advantage, such as outnumbering, outgunning or outthinking an opponent.

Any player hoping to raise other issues or making unfounded allegations lacking evidence are advised to demonstate prudence before posting. Once posted, it is impossible to take a comment back.

Complaints will be adjudicated by administrators only if discussion reaches an unsatisfactory conclusion.

I don't think a roleplay dispute over the status of junkers within gallia, which has turned into a personal dispute is really something which is worth putting in a faction feedback thread.

Jus' sayin'.

I am not an arrogant son of a whore as you make me out to be. The fact is the ID was created for a purpose. If you are saying that the ID does not repersent what the character is then screw all up the ID's. The Id repersents the character. ID = Roleplay. You all seem to think saying that the ID does not mean you are this. Example you come up across a Gallic Junker ID'd player. You guys at current roleplay towards that character as if they were something completely different, which is a Sirian Junker. That is power-gaming. So stop it. It shows no respoect to the players choice to their ID, nor is it in the spirit of the game.

I have been very polite in this thread, so your comments arguing that I am being offensive and rude are false. Learn to see what critisim is.

Quote:The only one that is closed minded here is you. Dab offered you a chance twice, people offered you a lot of chances to fix your mistakes, should they have been during the OS&C summit thing or the FP10 thing.

Lol, funny, funny I see you use that against me. I'm sorry, I tell you this. I asked CR certain questions, they did not answer. Those who complained should have accepted it, instead of acting like babies.

Freeport 10, there is no rp issues, at all, where Dab continues to claim there is.

By bring that up, only shows you are targeting me. Showing that you do have it in for me. and I know exactly what I am saying.

And Dab, no I won't be happy if you post the skype stuff between use. Why because taht was between me and you. With yourself still holding them only shows that you hold it against me. Furthermore every time you see me do something wrong on the forums you list everything I have done wrong in your opinion. One is definatley a lie, which is Freeport 10, as there is no insults in rp at all, to which you claim there is. I apologised for every wrong I have done to you, but yet you use it as fodder against me when ever I do something wrong. It was not only two weeks ago you made a post in a thread to me with such a list. You have also given out parts of the skype chat to players, and you know full well I know, because a few people used them in another thread, so don't dare say you are telling the truth when you have given out parts of the chat to other players. I am not a fool, nor am I blind. So stop playing coy with me. You know I know.

Lastly, I am not being arrogant, I have only brought things here to give feedback, you don't like it, look the other way. I am only bring facts, you ignore them, no get lost as you obviously can't acknowledge simple facts.

Edit2: Forgot to say, for those whom have argued taht Idonot know Gallic Junker RP, you obviously have not read my [GSC] write up, I advise you to do so.

Edit: Thank you Jihad for your post showing that the shown beliefs from members here is wrong, in the fact they have certain obligations to attend to being an Official Faction.

GRN feedback thread - Jihadjoe - 12-24-2011

Skullz.

1. Are you annoyed? If you're annoyed, stop posting. Post when you're calm and able to deal with things reasonably.

2. Does your post address any of the following issues:
- Tech use.
- Abuse of faction rights as defined here http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=21888
- Repeated poor in game behaviour such as abuse of game mechanics.

3. I am telling you that a disagreement over the way the GRN should be played, and what an absolute monarchy is, and how the players see junkers in gallia, is not something that's worth repeatedly posting in a feedback thread about.

Talk to the players without swearing and shouting at them on skype.

I'm willing to talk to Dab on skype. The last time I was willing he started ranting and blocked me. In which I had not said anything wrong.

It is about: - Poor in game behaviour such as abuse of game mechanics.

Firstly, the ID perfectly shows that the player is loyal, so I see no reason why the GRN| should request that Gallic Junkers, using the correct ID to register.

Secondly, that my character, "Marine Franck" was not being rude. At most she was very apologetic about it, as I have shown already here, along with the meaning of the word Apologetic, in how it can be used. And I see no where in the posts up to the point where Dab came in with his character that "Marine" had given any direct insult to the character, "Titouan Blois". Which is posts 4 to 7 in this thread. And here is a link to the definition of apologetic.

That is all I have wished to bring up, and have tried to explain it as best as I can, showing examples where I can.