Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Faction Statuses Revoked; Warnings for Inactivity - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Faction Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: Admin Notice: Faction Statuses Revoked; Warnings for Inactivity (/showthread.php?tid=62352)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Admin Notice: Faction Statuses Revoked; Warnings for Inactivity - Athenian - 06-29-2011

' Wrote:QCP revoked it's Official Status about a year ago.

We were folded into the BAF.

"Folded"? How vague is that... If the BAF Admiralty wills it, the QCP stuff can go for a burton or get loaded into a subforum of the BAF subforum...

Whether or not the Aoi Iseijin is a good concept is not really the issue. (That this is because of Admin contempt for players is debatable; I mean, people have been annoyed at losing status, but nothing as Greekpublicresponsetoausteritymeasuresvoteinparliament as this)

Admin Notice: Faction Statuses Revoked; Warnings for Inactivity - alphadog - 06-29-2011

' Wrote:Whether or not the Aoi Iseijin is a good concept is not really the issue.
It should be. Faction value on the server should be above your silly rules.

Admin Notice: Faction Statuses Revoked; Warnings for Inactivity - Akura - 06-29-2011

We're doing nothing for now, I'm writing up a proposal for the Admin Team to look at, this'll not fail to create activity. You were supposed to see it over a week ago, thought it had been posted. Sorry.

Admin Notice: Faction Statuses Revoked; Warnings for Inactivity - Clyde - 06-29-2011

Well, let me tell you my experiences as img with them kusari wild.

i saw them in 23 several times.
pretending to be knf.
great rp.
unfortunately you always have to tell the power players that you cannot see that a ship is wild. it appears to be an normal knf one.
imagine how impossibility rp with them would be if they would be bearing a unique tag

the northern systems would loose an interesting part.
don't argue against each others.
don't offend each others.

[color=#33FF33]find a solution together.

Edit:
nice, must have read my thoughts:D
exactly like that.
now probably Ath is constructive as well. *looks at Ath

Admin Notice: Faction Statuses Revoked; Warnings for Inactivity - VoluptaBox - 06-29-2011

' Wrote:It should be. Faction value on the server should be above your silly rules.

Right, right. And who decides it's worth? Is it you? Is it the community? Is it the admins? That would make most sense. Even so, it's impossible to make an objective decision on something that, per definition, is subjective. Which is why the rules are there to begin with: to set criteria for right and wrong, when, inherently, there is none.

To everyone else whining at the admins: get off your high horse and stop pretending stuff from people. I always thought it is a game, not a second job. But no one forces you to forge a faction. If you decide to do it, it's all on you, don't blame others when it goes downhill. Funny how, others have to do stuff for you. A few examples..the admins have to review your proposal, make sure you don't abuse your rights, rep your ships and all that. They ask just one thing: that laughable activity. And you whine at them?

Just go play the damn game.

Edit: forgot to mention, that I do like akura's attitude. looking for solutions, rather than pointing fingers.

Admin Notice: Faction Statuses Revoked; Warnings for Inactivity - Daedric - 06-29-2011

The rules are the rules. The AoI failed to meet the activity requirements. They were warned. They failed to heed said warning. Such is their fate for ignoring the warning.

I'm sorry, John, but I'm calling you and others out on this. I didn't see not a one of you up in arms defending the other factions that have recently lost their status in the past six or so months. Evidently the rules weren't an issue then, but they some how are now.

As for the claims that it is hard to generate activity in Kusari, take that up with the Kusarian player base. If that is indeed the case (which I don't think it is), that is where the blame lies and that is where the solution must spawn from.

As for giving Kusari factions a lower requirement? No. Again, if it is hard to generate activity there, it is the fault of the Kusarian player base, not the administration. Again, I don't think it is hard to generate activity there, as other Kusari factions are doing fine.

Funnily enough, I'm not fan of these activity checks. The server is stagnating due to extremely long development time of 4.86. Many current official factions should have long ago lost their official status, but they didn't because the administration didn't start actively enforcing activity standards until fairly recently. There is honestly no reason to be doing monthly activity checks right now, because people are getting tired of the stagnation. In effect the failure of the development team (not a negative failure, I know there were issues and I am not faulting them for it) to deliver an update is now being used as a means to punish groups of players.

Admin Notice: Faction Statuses Revoked; Warnings for Inactivity - alphadog - 06-29-2011

The difference here is the fact that everyone knows the Aoi have both tagged and untagged ships, which makes this situation rather unique. We also know that the Aoi have plenty of activity as a faction (Akura proved that with a single line a few pages ago). They chose the wrong tag to be tracked, that was a mistake, one that they were planning to fix soon. But, is it right to punish that mistake by disbanding the faction?

Admin Notice: Faction Statuses Revoked; Warnings for Inactivity - Enoch - 06-29-2011

' Wrote:The difference here is the fact that everyone knows the Aoi have both tagged and untagged ships, which makes this situation rather unique. We also know that the Aoi have plenty of activity as a faction (Akura proved that with a single line a few pages ago). They chose the wrong tag to be tracked, that was a mistake, one that they were planning to fix soon. But, is it right to punish that mistake by disbanding the faction?
It's not all about the tagged/untagged ships. Several other factions have a majority of untagged ships, and they are doing fine activity-wise.

True, so it was a mistake to choose the 113th as their tag. Nobody is denying that it was a mistake. I'm sure its all according to the rules. So I say again, the punishment for that mistake is way too hard.

Admin Notice: Faction Statuses Revoked; Warnings for Inactivity - Enojado - 06-30-2011

It's a mistake

They already proved they do in fact meet the requirements when it comes to their members being online...

There is a lot you could learn from the accounting axiom "substance over form", go look it up.