Discovery Gaming Community
Rep fixing certificate - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Rep fixing certificate (/showthread.php?tid=7271)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Rep fixing certificate - looqas - 03-28-2008

' Wrote:Not really. On a different Disco server, the command is only available if you're under level 5.

Ok. I didn't think that way. Then it sounds worth exploring.

Gronath: Anything we players could do to help you test out this script of yours? Like sending our accounts to you? You could get a decent database sample size and extrapolate from there to give an estimate how it would work on the Disco size database.

I don't know any specifics how this account sending would actually be pulled off. Just an idea.

Rep fixing certificate - tfmachad - 03-28-2008

' Wrote:...
Gronath: Anything we players could do to help you test out this script of yours? Like sending our accounts to you? You could get a decent database sample size and extrapolate from there to give an estimate how it would work on the Disco size database.

I don't know any specifics how this account sending would actually be pulled off. Just an idea.
Well, I thought of that too, but I've been thinking since yesterday and I don't believe it would be necessary. I just came up with the idea that I just need to create a script to replicate the ones I have a thousand times or so. They don't have necessarily to be different from each other anyway...

I was avoiding posting about this because of two things. Currently I have this program working but it's still in the "working bench" per se (it's not a finalized executable). Also, I'm not sure this will be a welcomed change. Sure, my intentions at first were that we needed to force people to be hostile to the ones they should be, but that's limiting also. I don't quite agree that it is, but Igiss PMed me he wasn't sure it was a good idea.

Anyway, the thing is finished, I'll run some tests and see how it performs. Depending on those we'll see if it's even worth going forward.

Thanks for the offer anyway.

Rep fixing certificate - looqas - 03-28-2008

Good to see that Igiss has said something.

Anyway, pending on your tests and if the script would actually be runable I think the Disco server could give it trial perdiod like two weeks or so and see if it would be worth keeping.

Or any other Disco mod server would be willing to guineapig this out.

Rep fixing certificate - Etaphreven - 03-28-2008

' Wrote:Ok. I didn't think that way. Then it sounds worth exploring.

Sorry if I sounded a bit 'aggressive' when saying that, it wasn't my intention.:)

Rep fixing certificate - sovereign - 03-29-2008

' Wrote:There is a single line of code for names because a name is a single line. Its ONE SINGULAR thing that needs to be edited. Each faction is a specific thing, hence needs to be edited separately. If Gronath could get his thing working to perfection it would be a different story. But, "REP HACK" certificates that are done by Admins on a regular basis is not going to happen.

Sorry if I wasn't clear: what I wanted to ask about was ADDING a command to the program that would execute all necessary edits:

in pseudo-code, something like this (assuming I have the idea right behind how it actually works)

Code:
// assume we have already identified a player object as a reference point

// okay, here's the shell of the "name-change" command for reference
public void changeName(String newName)
{
name = newName;
}

//  and here's the shell of the rep-fix command
public void changeRep(reputation repToFix, float fixRepTo)
{
repToFix.value = fixRepTo;
}

// and here is what I propose adding:
// assume "template" is a player object with the correct reputations
public void resetRep(player Template)
{
// go through each reputation the player has
foreach(reputation IN Reputation)
{
// set the player reputation equal to the corresponding template reputation here
}
}

I'm sorry if that isn't clear enough, but I can't really explain more without some knowledge of how the program runs. Even without knowing the language its written in, if I had a look at the code that defined viable commands and the specific commands used for rep-fixing now I could probably modify the program to add a command that basically just ran a preset pile of other commands. Getting one command to draw on a pile of other ones really isn't that hard, believe it or not.

If you need more information or want to send me stuff, just shoot me a PM. Even if we don't use it for rep-fix certificates, it would still be nice for you guys to have for sanctioning purposes. If it works like it's supposed to (majority of time spent typing commands as opposed to actual command running, I'd be VERY surprised if this isn't the case), it will cut down the time you guys have to spend to a tiny fraction of what you have to do now.

Rep fixing certificate - looqas - 04-11-2008

Gronath: Have you tested your script on the sample db yet? I'm interested in the results.