Discovery Gaming Community
Is Sirius too big? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Is Sirius too big? (/showthread.php?tid=76084)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Is Sirius too big? - jimmy Patterson - 03-07-2012

' Wrote:Well- Factionlancer ?
Remove the useless Guard Systems, simple brutal minefield with gate and password for the gate would do the job better..
Remove half of Gallia and the ton of useless systems.
Give back the Guard IDs making them official faction Only.
So you would get the desired activity.
Freelancers are civilains and merc
There is no independent LNS capitan.
Small not that attractive official factions with not so good PvP options suffer a lot since there are only requirements to them only.
Faction rules sux.
It was always better to be indie player then faction player- no metagaming/no rage in game/forum/ no lets log to kill that guy. Just pure fun. Change this by removing "independents".

tell you what,if they remove indies you can pay me back for my labc with about 60-70 mill in gear on it

as for galia.. im undecided

i prolly speak for the few indies that arnt in offical factions who run caps good and roleplay when i say this:::

if i were toi shlow up and have my bc gone id be super pissed,id never get itback theres a few people who simple dont trade becausre of piracy problems

yo say just pay or get escourts but its simply nobdy wants to have to retrade the 123456833221 hours because of riduclously high "taxs" < i once got hit for 30 mill on one haul i had nowere near the cash luckly helet me suprisingly transfer from another char>

so unless people are reimbursed alot of prolly really good people will prolly leave

no faction would take al the caps in that exist as indys on this server so people would lose alot of money if they were just wiped

Is Sirius too big? - ryoken - 03-07-2012

' Wrote:so unless people are reimbursed alot of prolly really good people will prolly leave
no faction would take al the caps in that exist as indys on this server so people would lose alot of money if they were just wiped

In excess of 5billion here. But if it turned into factionlancer i would on over to 1 of the many other faction lancer servers with better graffix/ships/weapons and 20 player average. As i am sure one hell of alot of other players would.

Is Sirius too big? - The Joker - 03-07-2012

' Wrote:I've gone back and added "</sarcasm>" to the post in the hopes that more people will understand what I'm trying to say there.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Yes, I agree that Sirius+Gallia is far, far too large for the number of players the server can support.
In that case, I'm wrong:)

' Wrote:I assume he'd engage in fleet warfare. It's not all about you
You shouldn't believe everything they talk behind our backs on skype channels, or in-game group channels, like some grandmas. I love to think that everything has to do with me. Hm:)Ask that guy/kid, from whom you heard that silly statement, if he get out much? Do you?

If I managed to convince some of you shadowy, poor figures of those lonely anti-social skype-rooms that my ego is big as Joker's ego is, then you've made a fool out of yourselves by believing just that. Most definitely. I'm exact opposite. That's why it's so damn funny to hear such ridiculous statements:)

"It's not all about you"

Jesus god. Where do come up with that [beep]? Gossip sessions are bad for your soul, mkay.

Is Sirius too big? - Madvillain - 03-07-2012

' Wrote:Well- Factionlancer ?
Remove the useless Guard Systems, simple brutal minefield with gate and password for the gate would do the job better..
Remove half of Gallia and the ton of useless systems.
Give back the Guard IDs making them official faction Only.
So you would get the desired activity.
Freelancers are civilains and merc
There is no independent LNS capitan.
Small not that attractive official factions with not so good PvP options suffer a lot since there are only requirements to them only.
Faction rules sux.
It was always better to be indie player then faction player- no metagaming/no rage in game/forum/ no lets log to kill that guy. Just pure fun. Change this by removing "independents".

You are my hero.

Is Sirius too big? - Loken - 03-07-2012

Yes. It is.

Is Sirius too big? - Ursus - 03-07-2012

' Wrote:Jesus god. Where do come up with that [beep]? Gossip sessions are bad for your soul, mkay.
You said the dreadnought that you assumed he was buying would have no purpose without pirates such as yourself to shoot at. Here let me make sure yep

' Wrote:So what will you with your Dreadnaught or whatever later, a ship which you bought with that boring trading routine, if there are no pirates around?

OMG there might be something to do with a dreadnought besides follow in the wake left by your ego

Is Sirius too big? - Harley.Quinn - 03-07-2012

Quote: Is Sirius too big?

Yes it is.I'd love to see it a bit smaller,so there will be more "pirate accidents" *laughs* Becouse this game is nothing without Pirates and without those guys who tries their best to chase these pirates.

Is Sirius too big? - The Joker - 03-07-2012

Ursus, I'd type "LOL" to you right now, but I doubt that you'd manage to properly read that too. I'd hate to see you again poorly changing context and making a cyber-grandma out of yourself for reasons of some misplaced anger and/or grudge. This is the first time I see your name. How much can I have something against you, if anything?:)

Accept my condolences for the lack of brain activity.

[permanently exists the thread]

Is Sirius too big? - SMI-Great.Fox - 03-07-2012

1. Are there too many systems?

Yes. Even we in the LE didn't want a guard system. Its literally 1 station, a sun and 2 jump holes. That's it.
Alot, and I do mean such, alot of sytems can be either removed, or the systems can be messed together int on big map.
Example. Take Liberty. California, Colorado, Texas, New York and Penn. Put them all on one big map. Name it "Liberty Core" or something like that. That'll make Newcastle look like a speck.

2: Is Gallia too much?

Yes. Its a powertraders paradise. Why? Take a pirate gunboat next to one of the lanes and such. See how long you last with the mass of cruiser level turrets and missile spam. Gallia. Too big. Too Powerful. Too much with little in return.

3. Officials and Indies. Any way to help em?

Maybe this could be considered too radical in an idea and too much for our gratcious dev team to do, considering all they have done with our continuded complaining, but, is it possible, that when you say you get, say a Bowex ID, your name gains say the Official faction tag?
Example. I create a pirate, named "Gimmi.Cred" You go to the station to pick up say, a Unioner ID. The moment you undock, your name changes to AGS-U|Gimmie.Cred. Possible? Too radical? Plausible?

4. Getting people out of New York.

Thats the billion cred question.
How about this. In some games you start out on a central hub. Give it an mmo or something else. We for instance have Penn. Not bad but, people still go down that lane and they arrive in New York. The /restarts help, but not all new players to the forum know it.

Connecticut. Place where RP doesn't apply and its a pewer's paradise, given the time.
What if we do something similar.
Take the principal of Connecticut, but instead of such like red, green or blue stations, we give ones on "Bretonia Info Station" so on and so forth, each one with information on player and official factions, history, so on so forth.
The players all start, on one station, right in the center of the system, and there would be lanes to different gates leading to different houses as soon as you took them, leading you to the possibilities of the new house.
No one road out to the rest of the world. No real need for /restart except in case of certain situations like the /restart Coalition coming soon.

Is Sirius too big? - ryoken - 03-07-2012

' Wrote:Ursus, I'd type "LOL" to you right now, but I doubt that you'd manage to properly read that too. I'd hate to see you again poorly changing context and making a cyber-grandma out of yourself for reasons of some misplaced anger and/or grudge. This is the first time I see your name. How much can I have something against you, if anything?:)

Accept my condolences for the lack of brain activity.

[permanently exists the thread]

I lol'd. Joker nailed it.