Discovery Gaming Community
Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Traders destroying their cargo when pirated (/showthread.php?tid=77744)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Lucky Luke - 04-08-2012

' Wrote:And most of them let me go then, without killing me.
I actually don't shoot them after they destroy it. InRP I can go both ways. Either punish the trader for his action, or let him go, because if i kill all the traders, there will soon be few of them left. OoRP I don't kill them, because if I did, I would actually do them a favor, since they would most likely respawn where they bought the cargo. That way, they can just start over. If I let them live, they will have the hassle of returning first. It's a poor comfort, but... revenge is still revenge, even though it's petty. Should someone who actually bothers to RP come along and do it, I would probably shoot him.

Thanks for all your comments on this. Lots of good comments from all of you. I guess I'll have to do the honorable thing here... Demand that they pay me what their whole cargo is worth plus five millions for their life. And when they refuse or try to run... POP! Then I can do whatever I want with their cargo. Sad!

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Stefan - 04-09-2012

' Wrote:Thanks for all your comments on this. Lots of good comments from all of you. I guess I'll have to do the honorable thing here... Demand that they pay me what their whole cargo is worth plus five millions for their life. And when they refuse or try to run... POP! Then I can do whatever I want with their cargo. Sad!
I hope you're joking.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - AshHill07 - 04-09-2012

' Wrote:Thanks for all your comments on this. Lots of good comments from all of you. I guess I'll have to do the honorable thing here... Demand that they pay me what their whole cargo is worth plus five millions for their life. And when they refuse or try to run... POP! Then I can do whatever I want with their cargo. Sad!

Then you'll be the one causeing the problem rather than finding a solution.

The reason people do drop thier cargo and blow it up the second they stop is because of EXACTLY what you just said.

Plus I hope you like sanctions because I daresay you'll be recieveing some if you start doing that.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Daedric - 04-09-2012

You'll be hard pressed to find an admin that will sanction a guy for making a higher demand of a trader after the trader refused the pirates first demand by destroying the cargo. More than likely, you'll find an admin that sanctions the trader for filing a report on the pirate.

I was going to post more, but there is no point in it - both sides are to blame for the excessive demands and grieving on both sides. Problem is, the bulk of both sides are people like Ursus who only further the problem.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Vulkhard Muller - 04-09-2012

' Wrote:Destroying the cargo would also make sense InRP, so blaming it on lolwut-indies doesn't work here. How do we deal with this? Are we to stop making demands for goods or what?

How do we deal with this? it is Simple

Demand+Drop into Space=Destroyed
Demand+Traded to my Cargo Hold=Good Free Pay

its that simple

and if they deny...Pew Pew away hahaha

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Rodriguez - 04-09-2012

They will go "Fine kill me! It's faster!"

It would be good if when dropping stuff, your guns get de-activated for a couple of seconds, I'll bug some modder to see if that's possible.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Ursus - 04-09-2012

' Wrote:It would be good if when dropping stuff, your guns get de-activated for a couple of seconds, I'll bug some modder to see if that's possible.
You must be joking. Here there are ships that cannot defend against gunboats or nova-bombers and now you say they should not even be able to deny any loot either? Why dont you just make it so pirate demand gives you instant cash then you wont even have to do anything at all. Jeezus you people are terribly lazy at this stuff. Nevermind coming up with decent piracy tactics, just make it so the target loses all the loot from a /pirate command and you dont even have to shoot them.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Rodriguez - 04-09-2012

' Wrote:You must be joking. Here there are ships that cannot defend against gunboats or nova-bombers and now you say they should not even be able to deny any loot either? Why dont you just make it so pirate demand gives you instant cash then you wont even have to do anything at all. Jeezus you people are terribly lazy at this stuff. Nevermind coming up with decent piracy tactics, just make it so the target loses all the loot from a /pirate command and you dont even have to shoot them.

I just think it doesn't make sense that you can shoot the cargo you just dropped. To me, it's just a problem with the game mechanics. I'm not talking about 10 seconds, just 1 second.

Also, why do you complain that they cannot defend against gunboats or bombers? If you destroy the loot you are as good as dead to them:P

I just don't like traders who goes "Just shoot me, it's easier instead of flying back", makes 0 sense, and well.

I don't know about you, It's been at least a year since I last traded or pirated. So, I think my comments are not biased based on any of the two characters involved. But seems you are a bit biased on your comments:P

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - ryoken - 04-09-2012

This topic is why i haul Toxic waste now. You want my waste that i payed 10 per unit for? NP i drop it. Because it is completely OORP for any pirate to want "TOXIC WASTE" anyway. Same as demanding a ton of cash from a garbage hauler. Who robs the garbage man? Seriously?

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Madvillain - 04-09-2012

in GTA I've robbed the garbage man many times....