Discovery Gaming Community
Xoria for server administrator - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Xoria for server administrator (/showthread.php?tid=8664)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Xoria for server administrator - mira - 05-20-2008

' Wrote:I voted yes. We need more admins, and Xoria has what it takes.

@ mira, I can't see Jinx as an admin, no offense to either one. Reason? We can't lose our best modeler.

As for Mal, I dunno.
Just a question, but what happens once we lose a moderator?

he can still be modeler while flying around with those uber guns...

btw jinx i love the second model for kusari BS, look really nice especialy with that katana in front

Xoria for server administrator - Leo - 05-20-2008

' Wrote:I voted "no".

Xoria is an eloquent, erudite and creative fellow, with a firm grasp of rp. But on the flip side, he seems to be a bit arrogant and condenscending at times when dealing with the rest of us mortals. He does not share my confidence.

/signed

I voted no.

~Leo (Not Nexi >.<)

Xoria for server administrator - Reverend Del - 05-20-2008

Nathan has a solid head on his shoulders, voting yes.

Xoria for server administrator - Skyelius - 05-20-2008

' Wrote:Xoria my friend, I voted yes. Why? Cause I think you will make a decent admin and we need more. However, I would be rather pleased if you turned it down. Why? Cause being an admin has a tendancy to corupt good people. Whatever, I will support your decision.

There's more truth in this than most people who posted here can imagine, and knowing just enough things that have went on and some that are happening, I could repeat this word by word.

But then again, there are things that shouldn't come to light until others have taken place, and seeing the lack of admins, I vote Yes, with the same hope as Duke. Ready, definitely. Should? Maybe..

Xoria for server administrator - Nevermore - 05-20-2008

' Wrote:I voted "yes." Xoria has the commitment and certainly the intelligence to administer over the server, and his knowledge of Disco and quality of experience on the server are formidable.

That said, I do very much share the concerns mentioned by those voting "no." I think he has demonstrated some considerable - and often unwarranted - condescension at points, some rather uncharitable speech, when in a setting like this, charity is paramount. I also am concerned, based on certain threads, that he might add to what is already an overly cynical admin team [whose (over)work I nonetheless very much appreciate].

However, these arguably constitute the exceptions for Xoria, not the rule, and I believe he is quite capable of rising above them and demonstrating considerable wisdom. I hope he can help the admin team become a little more open in attitude to the rest of us, and I think he is very much a model for good RP development.

Wholeheartedly agreed. While I do share the aforevoiced concerns, I believe as well that Xoria has shown both competence and wisdom to become an addition to the admin team.

Xoria for server administrator - mira - 05-20-2008

come on,all of you who voted yes are only kissing up to xoria to have herby your side when he becomes an admin...what will probably happen :sleep:
i voted big NO and i stand next to that vote cause there are so many other members on this forum that are much more qualified for the admin chair :angry:

Xoria for server administrator - Clayph - 05-20-2008

' Wrote:come on,all of you who voted yes are only kissing up to xoria to have herby your side when he becomes an admin...what will probably happen :sleep:
i voted big NO and i stand next to that vote cause there are so many other members on this forum that are much more qualified for the admin chair :angry:

If you don't like him, don't like him. But we have our own opinions and we certainly don't share yours.
So you can keep this rubbish out of the topic.

Xoria for server administrator - ioha - 05-20-2008

Same feelings here as in Trev's and Nev's respective posts.
I as well do believe into Xoria being able to do the job. Thus, the vote says "yes".

As well, I think Xoria is wise enough to take the criticism in here and use it in order to perform even better.

Xoria for server administrator - Qunitinius~Verginix - 05-20-2008

Voted no, Does have nearly the same amount of experience in dealing with the duties as the rest of the admin team does.

Nothing personal, its just we need someone who has been around a lot longer.

Verg

Xoria for server administrator - fpsdoug - 05-20-2008

Honestly I don't see any reason why not. More admins is always a good thing an Xoria is experienced, gets a yes from me.