Discovery Gaming Community
IC Freighter. Submissions and sketches welcome - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: IC Freighter. Submissions and sketches welcome (/showthread.php?tid=86997)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

IC Freighter. Submissions and sketches welcome - Echo 7-7 - 09-08-2012

' Wrote:Due to increased hostility by the pirate factions, as well as a desire to produce a distinctive welcoming look for the corporation in the public eye after the debacle with Rheinland, the IC developed the Dove class Freighter for it's general use. Still a rare sight in the tradelanes, it is slowly becoming the new face of IC.

There is my justification.

That's a concept, not a justification.

If you want to justify IC getting a freighter, then you might start by giving every corporation their own freighter.

IC Freighter. Submissions and sketches welcome - Gentlefood - 09-08-2012

Also to more or less 'nail in the coffin' the wiki thing. The ship was reclassified from "Civilian" to "Interspace Commerce" on the wiki for 'tech chart'. That is clearly wrong as its in Sirian Civilian otherwise OS&C wouldn't get 100% on it.

IC Freighter. Submissions and sketches welcome - Miranda - 09-08-2012

' Wrote:Also to more or less 'nail in the coffin' the wiki thing. The ship was reclassified from "Civilian" to "Interspace Commerce" on the wiki for 'tech chart'. That is clearly wrong as its in Sirian Civilian otherwise OS&C wouldn't get 100% on it.

None of the corps have their own tech cell. DSE/Ageira ships for instance are all civilian.

IC Freighter. Submissions and sketches welcome - Gentlefood - 09-08-2012

' Wrote:None of the corps have their own tech cell. DSE/Ageira ships for instance are all civilian.

Not my point. Recheck this link http://discoverygc.com/wiki/index.php?titl...amp;oldid=63670

If you look it shows the removal of Sirian Civilian as the techchart and replaces it with Interspace Commerce (which doesn't have a thing so it doesn't show up). Check the last lines 48/47 to be specific. Category:Civilian goes to Category:Interspace Commerce.

My point was wiki errors are possible as that clearly shows. So therefore the wiki isn't the end all in terms of correctness.

' Wrote:Ok then, this is well off track from the original here. Please try to stick with that, and avoid name calling in the process.

Thread's going to get cleaned a bit and moved, as there isn't actually a submission here.

First this, but also I know it isn't, but I'm waiting for a final call by someone with the authority to make it. That isn't you.

IC Freighter. Submissions and sketches welcome - medikohl - 09-08-2012

' Wrote:That's a concept, not a justification.

If you want to justify IC getting a freighter, then you might start by giving every corporation their own freighter.

I like your ambition sir. I shall get on that. (dead serious about that)

also I find this debate interesting as I haven't posted a concept yet, once I do (probably will have a few sketches ready on sunday), then discussion about concept will be priority, until such a time, I don't particularly feel distressed about this debate about inner workings.

IC Freighter. Submissions and sketches welcome - jammi - 09-08-2012

' Wrote:First this, but also I know it isn't, but I'm waiting for a final call by someone with the authority to make it. That isn't you.
Fair enough. As a member if the dev team and a player who has read both the ingame description and the IDS entry, I can confirm that any allusion to IC producing the ship was an error represented only on the Wiki.

Furthermore, Jay Simons wasn't an IC character, but is in fact Fellow Hoodlum's IND one. The infocard was written before the IND received their own IFF, and common policy at the time was to not include references to any player groups without an associated NPC faction.

Needless to say, IC don't build it. It's not used exclusively by OSC though; rather anyone with the money.

Thanks for the info. Interesting tidbit about Hoodlum's character, I had no idea.

IC Freighter. Submissions and sketches welcome - Govedo13 - 09-08-2012

People you are really pathetic when it concerns "yours" ships and stuff, however the funny part is that they are not yours at all, even Havoc is not Ageira or DSE or something, they are all civilian ships so it is more or less irrelevant what is written on the infocard when they are in the same nerfchart column anyway.

About the IC freighter- go for it. One more freighter means one more ship for all that means more variety and more fun for all involved anyway- the ones that would shoot it and the ones that would fly it.
If you so much insist to be IC- add in the infocard that the project was IC idea so it was IC funded/designed but let say DSE built. It would end in civilian column so np.

IC Freighter. Submissions and sketches welcome - Hone - 09-08-2012

Actually theres lib civillian, and Sirius civillian, so it could kinda be "thiers"