Discovery Gaming Community
LPI attempting authority over LNS? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: LPI attempting authority over LNS? (/showthread.php?tid=93705)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: LPI attempting authority over LNS? - Haste - 02-06-2013

Ah. Sorry. I forgot that lone LPI officers in their puny Liberators are supposed to charge in when Nomads (ALIENS! HELP! Someone get the LSF!) or Reavers (Oh god, cop killers!) show up.

Actually, I'll put this differently.

Here you go

Sorry, I have a lot more screenshots, but never bothered to upload them.

RE: LPI attempting authority over LNS? - Sarawr!? - 02-06-2013

(02-06-2013, 03:38 PM)Hero4Hire Wrote: Not because of the ship, but because they were imune to what you were saying because they didnt even do anything remotely illegal, and you jsut used yoru official faction tag and a bunch of lies to get people riles up against them.

Wait, are you actually mad because of 'lies' that may or may not have been uttered, by a character, inRP? Or am I misunderstanding something here?

This is a Roleplaying game, when something happens to your character inRP that is uncomfortable, roleplay your way out of it. Don't take it as a personal attack on you as a player.

RE: LPI attempting authority over LNS? - Hero4Hire - 02-06-2013

(02-06-2013, 03:45 PM)LolRawr!? Wrote:
(02-06-2013, 03:38 PM)Hero4Hire Wrote: Not because of the ship, but because they were imune to what you were saying because they didnt even do anything remotely illegal, and you jsut used yoru official faction tag and a bunch of lies to get people riles up against them.

Wait, are you actually mad because of 'lies' that may or may not have been uttered, by a character, inRP? Or am I misunderstanding something here?

This is a Roleplaying game, when something happens to your character inRP that is uncomfortable, roleplay your way out of it. Don't take it as a personal attack on you as a player.

When those lies get all lawfuls in liberty to go hostile to you although you did nothing wrong, pretty much messing up everything you worked for for weeks, I'd say he has a good reason to get angry. Especially when it comes from someone who should be your ally. So hard to undestand huh? Don't try to tell me that if a group of people set out to spread lies about you which get every lawful on liberty to think your LN admiral is a traitor and disobey her, you wouldnt get angry.

You were shot because you didn't leave when ordered to do so. Many times, in fact, by both the LPI- and the [LN]. You were ordered to do so because the only thing you, as a civilian, were doing, was spout nonsense and thereby obstruct the course of justice. That happens to be against the law.

I particularly like how you're pretending the carrier got shot in Colorado shortly afterwards for no real reason at all, when there are screenshots of him shooting and killing other navy ships. That's probably the best reason to take someone down I can think of.

An important thing to note is that your video was started after the carrier had already moved (possibly and/or presumably away from the docking ring / mooring fixture). You can't take it as proof that he never was there in the first place.

And even if that was his initial position.. Look at the video. Any snub that just F3'd on the planet after exiting the tradelane would slam right into him. And that's exactly what happened. He had to pay a fine for this accident, and refused to.

I came up with a real life comparison, as you are so fond of them. Let's take a highway. Now, someone parked their car (or, if you wish, some military personnel parked a -tank-) on one lane at a 90 degree angle, blocking traffic. Yes, traffic could take the other lane and avoid it, but I'm pretty sure the driver would be in serious trouble if the cops arrived after a (fatal) accident took place.

(02-06-2013, 03:54 PM)Hasteric Wrote: You were shot because you didn't leave when ordered to do so. Many times, in fact, by both the LPI- and the [LN]. You were ordered to do so because the only thing you, as a civilian, were doing, was spout nonsense and thereby obstruct the course of justice. That happens to be against the law.

I was spouting the truth, and they were spouting nonsense. Apart form that, civis can say what ever they want. It's "liberty", not "north korea".

(02-06-2013, 03:54 PM)Hasteric Wrote: I particularly like how you're pretending the carrier got shot in Colorado shortly afterwards for no real reason at all, when there are screenshots of him shooting and killing other navy ships. That's probably the best reason to take someone down I can think of.

I said all I know is that there was shooting in colorado, and after he dies, thse ships that shot him ran straight to the system he was in now.

(02-06-2013, 03:54 PM)Hasteric Wrote: An important thing to note is that your video was started after the carrier had already moved (possibly and/or presumably away from the docking ring / mooring fixture). You can't take it as proof that he never was there in the first place.

the carrier is sittign quite still when it starts, and the LPI are still talking like he was afk. Only after you see him move inthe video do they start talking like he started moving. You can also see that the LPI were formed in a semi-circle around where the carier was before he started moving in the video.

(02-06-2013, 03:54 PM)Hasteric Wrote: And even if that was his initial position.. Look at the video. Any snub that just F3'd on the planet after exiting the tradelane would slam right into him. And that's exactly what happened. He had to pay a fine for this accident, and refused to.
Lol? Because hte trade lane end west of manhattan dockign ring yeah? tThere's at least 3k from the tradelane to where he was. You gonna fine everyone 10 mil when some idiot just used autopilot crashes into their ship and is too stupid to fly aroudn it although there was 3k distane for him to adjust his vector?
A fine because another ship crashed into him, while he wasnt even in a place where a colision was unavoidalble, and easy to fly around, just like you would have to fly around every other ship you meed anywhere inspace?

Ridiculous form start to end.

Quote:I came up with a real life comparison, as you are so fond of them. Let's take a highway. Now, someone parked their car (or, if you wish, some military personnel parked a -tank-) on one lane at a 90 degree angle, blocking traffic. Yes, traffic could take the other lane and avoid it, but I'm pretty sure the driver would be in serious trouble if the cops arrived after a (fatal) accident took place.

Thats because stopping on a highway is against the law,except for emergencies. There is no law that forbids him form stopping where he did. Stop trying to reason. YOu suck at it.

(02-06-2013, 04:06 PM)Hero4Hire Wrote: I said all I know is that there was shooting in colorado, and after he dies, thse ships that shot him ran straight to the system he was in now.

What is it with you and ignoring information supplied to you? I believe it was a Gallic Junker (I've seen a few of those around in Liberty pirating, so it's not that unlikely) who was at it in Colorado. They went to kill him. After they were done, our favorite carrier had happily murdered one or two indie navy / lsf ships.

For this he was shot.

Fact is, the fine was neither unreasonable (a 1 billion+ carrier paying 10 million credits? Not quite excessive) nor uncalled for. Judging from the video, he was in a place where F3 on the docking ring from 1-2k distance would've landed you right in one of his flanks. Not to mention Alan Polstari noted that he had trouble docking because of this ship being in the way. I don't know his character, or himself, as someone who would lie about this.

Why not park somewhere else, or -gasp- dock?

As for spouting the truth.. Even if you were.. You were asked to leave. I don't get why a civilian would stay there and refuse to leave if told to by the navy and several heavily armed SWAT officers.

RE: LPI attempting authority over LNS? - Evo - 02-06-2013

I'm sensing a whole lot of mad here. The carrier was parked in a place it shouldn't have been, it's a giant ship with no reason to be RIGHT there. It should hover above newark or trenton like the rest of us. SOMEBODY DIED because of his actions. We COULD have arrested him, but instead we fine. Why? Because we're LPI, and we run on profits.

Maybe we should have arrested him, I hear Bubba really likes the behinds of Naval "officers"

EDIT: Also, if an administrator would kindly lock this I do believe this TBF thread has gone on long enough. It's stopped being constructive. If you wish to make a complaint Hero, make it in RP.

(02-06-2013, 04:23 PM)ThatThirdGuy Wrote: I'm sensing a whole lot of mad here. The carrier was parked in a place it shouldn't have been, it's a giant ship with no reason to be RIGHT there. It should hover above newark or trenton like the rest of us. SOMEBODY DIED because of his actions. We COULD have arrested him, but instead we fine. Why? Because we're LPI, and we run on profits.

/thread

(02-06-2013, 04:14 PM)Hasteric Wrote: What is it with you and ignoring information supplied to you? I believe it was a Gallic Junker (I've seen a few of those around in Liberty pirating, so it's not that unlikely) who was at it in Colorado. They went to kill him. After they were done, our favorite carrier had happily murdered one or two indie navy / lsf ships.

What is it with you completely ignoring what I was saying? I said you guys DROVE him into a rage-fit that made him run amok, and you did everything you could do escalate it.

(02-06-2013, 04:14 PM)Hasteric Wrote: Fact is, the fine was neither unreasonable (a 1 billion+ carrier paying 10 million credits? Not quite excessive) nor uncalled for. Judging from the video, he was in a place where F3 on the docking ring from 1-2k distance would've landed you right in one of his flanks.
You gonna fine everyone who is in yoru way and you would have to make a slight course deviationto fly around them 10 mil? You know this is getting so stupid, its unbelievable.

(02-06-2013, 04:14 PM)Hasteric Wrote: Not to mention Alan Polstari noted that he had trouble docking because of this ship being in the way. I don't know his character, or himself, as someone who would lie about this.

And I know him as someone who I saw lying and was able to prove it wth a video. And both of your "characters" are people who lie to rob an ally of 10 million. You also told others that HE rammed another ship and killed a civi, which is not true even the way you are telling it now.

(02-06-2013, 04:14 PM)Hasteric Wrote: Why not park somewhere else, or -gasp- dock?

Probably because he got distracted on his end of the computer? He DID move after he came back, you guys KNEW he was distracted on his side, you KNEW he didnt intend to kill any civi, but you STILL did everything to badmouth him and get yoru 1mil. Thats just totally lame behavior form your side.

(02-06-2013, 04:14 PM)Hasteric Wrote: As for spouting the truth.. Even if you were.. You were asked to leave. I don't get why a civilian would stay there and refuse to leave if told to by the navy and several heavily armed SWAT officers.
There you are, telling us that you can jsut push anyone around like you want, because you're a heavily armed swat officer. You wanted to make me leave only to suppress my testimony, not for any other reason. No, not everyone would submit to that. And I'm glad its liek that.

(02-06-2013, 04:25 PM)Hero4Hire Wrote: Probably because he got distracted on his end of the computer? He DID move after he came back, you guys KNEW he was distracted on his side, you KNEW he didnt intend to kill any civi, but you STILL did everything to badmouth him and get yoru 1mil. Thats just totally lame behavior form your side.

The consequences were ingame, in roleplay, for ingame and in roleplay actions. You seem to be thinking that we did this because the PLAYER got someone killed, and we as PLAYERS did not like this PLAYER and therefore treated it differently than we had for PLAYERS we like more.

This is a roleplaying server. The -character- got fined because that was a sensible consequence of his actions, deliberate or not, IN ROLEPLAY. Not because we hated him as a person.