Discovery Gaming Community
The future of mining? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: The future of mining? (/showthread.php?tid=55945)

The future of mining? - Ntei - 03-03-2011

guys quit saying that disco lived without mining, also peaple lived in caves let's destroy our homes, we can without them!

The future of mining? - kingvaillant - 03-04-2011

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=93403

The future of mining? - Not Espi - 03-04-2011

' Wrote:'Lolwuts' are everywhere. You turn them off in one place (Dublin) and they will turn up somewhere else.

Also, I've seen in Tau today the first smuggler in the last 3 months.
I am really happy.

tell me about it.

[Image: baf.png]

win win win.

The future of mining? - DarthBindo - 03-04-2011

' Wrote:Mining is bad.
Why do you think people have that much battleships? And they don't even do any RP with it.
LEAVE IT OFF YOU'RE NOT HELPING THE PVP/RP RATIO
I can PVP just as well in my cruiser or Bomber.
' Wrote:You want RP. That is RP. In real life you see a guy running towards you with a masc,and a gun you do not sit around,and wait for him. YOU RUN!!!
Exactly. You do not want to RP,you want to get money/blue message,and run away. Be a shame if you had to take time to get money like the trader/miner did.
So not all people who mine want a cap8 BS. But from what i see here. All pirates want it to be easy to rob miners,and traders instead of taking time to earn creds on their own. Very interesting.
Seriously? Seriously? Pirating alone or in even a group of two is horrifically difficult. The only people who are truly easy targets are those lolwut armorless transports that fly around. Even the 15 million UAUVIII means transports can make it out of any pirating situation with a bit of skill.
' Wrote:Of course I want to get the money fast and run away. I'm a pirate. I want to get my money and see another day.

Conclusion: I don't know what roleplay is anymore. It seems I'm doing it wrong.
There is much more to it. The trader sees the few minutes when he is being pirated. But the job involves much more. Tracking the prey, evading patrols, the actual piracy, getting to safety.
The fact that the trader doesn't see it all doesn't mean that I don't work for my money as hard as he does.
Damn, I worked harder than some of the miners.
For a minute i have to be perfectly on my game in order to snare a trader, in addition to the ten/twenty minutes spent tracking him down, and paying rapt attention in order to ensure a good lane disruption.
Pirating in anything less than a group of three is a short lived wild ride that usually ends in either destruction from a lawful gank or a close shave of an escape from aforementioned lawful gank.
As a pirate, your on your own. Nobody's coming to help you. You cant call the lawfuls, and your prey is just as dangerous as you.

' Wrote:tell me about it.

[Image: baf.png]

win win win.
Yet i spent two hours today mortaring Thames and nary a Baffer in sight.

The future of mining? - Vito - 03-04-2011

' Wrote:Yet i spent two hours today mortaring Thames and nary a Baffer in sight.

[03.03.2011 18:21:19] HMS-some.random.name: //Can you please gather |Sails and organise an attack on Dublin?:(
[03.03.2011 18:21:24] HMS-some.random.name: //It is too quiet here.

:huh:

The future of mining? - Shardphoenix - 03-04-2011

' Wrote:Hardly any of you think of the issues of the systems RP future and factions, I do admit some have been concerned with some faction activity but even the mining groups have other tasks that don't include shooting a rock. Majority of the whiners out there are all basically saying this...
And where do these credits end up? In a bloody battleship.
If battleships are evil - switch battleships off, not mining. If mining gives too much money - nerf mining, don`t switch it off completely. It`s not rocket science, really.
It`s not about credits (if only some starting credits for noobs in Penny) - mostly it`s about choice and freedom.

The future of mining? - The Mole Miner - 03-04-2011

i dont know if its just me but has anyone else noticed how much the server player list has DROPED for as long as ive been on recently ive only seen just over 100 people online at once. so mabye nerf prices but weve also got to think if it takes people to long to get what there workin for odds are there gonna stop workin for it. now this is granted there will always be the dedicated freelancer players who will take the time to get the good stuff such as myself. so remember not 100% of the people playing are willing to turn this game into a job. plus i dont wish to speak for the pirateing community but how will this effect them?

The future of mining? - Guest - 03-04-2011

Turn it back on please,

Look at all the people who make billions from mining its unfair for the people who dont winge.

The future of mining? - tegan - 03-04-2011

MMmmm....well to me it seems to be another situation of GOD syndrome,
Yes there are people out there who don'€™t do the right thing, but there is an even larger group of people that do the right thing. I don'€™t think its fare to punish the many because of the few.
Maybe we should create a team of several people in all the official factions that are reportable to the Administrators. There job would not be one to punish people but to observe and report on events not just bad but also good things. Or something to that affect.
Well that'€™s my thoughts on this anyway.

The future of mining? - Ingenious - 03-04-2011

' Wrote:I was reminded of somebody when observing all of this. Tenacity. And I went to his profile and I found what I knew he had written. ...
And he's right. If he logged back in today and saw this thread, he'd be smiling a smug grin and feeling a great sense of satisfaction for knowing that he was right. The Admins are ruling by decree. Dieter's "calculations" are a load of bollocks because over half of the people in the poll voted for the return of the mining mod without any changes. Majority rule is what should prevail in a democracy. If it doesn't, then this is a dictatorship.

/signed