Discovery Gaming Community
Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Rheinland (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+----- Forum: [RM] (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=604)
+----- Thread: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread (/showthread.php?tid=9130)

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Shelco - 02-04-2018

Is it possible that this bothers you because it is likely to end with inRP consequences for you? Who said the validity of my character's statements is only given with evidence instead of pure liability which someone of his rank would have?

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Laura C. - 02-04-2018

(02-04-2018, 06:18 PM)Skorak Wrote: I personally think it's rather fishy, or at least bad practice, to be the only person entering a system, dying in it and then still bringing back detailed reports.

While I agree that characters shouldn't actually die from a mere pvp death, this is really awkward.

Context: https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1429&pid=1968337#pid1968337

In this case there would not be much difference. Even if you exclude visual evidence, the character still lives and can testify. And if vizeadmiral of Rheinland military will claim he was shot by you, no one is going to question it even without any hard evidence.

EDIT: Ninjaed by Shelco...

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Skorak - 02-04-2018

There's no consequences to fear here. For my faction Rheinland is already legally off limits.

It just seems, as I said, bad. But I mean if you wish to just leave it at this I'm fine with that. Just giving you feedback and I'll keep your reply in mind.

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Enkidu - 02-11-2018

A little upsetting to RM unofficially telling a BDM official to retcon his own faction's RP because it would complicate matters with RM, orchestrating a gank due to confusion over the release of a torpedo, creating a superbly sudden end to all hostilities with the Bundschuh immediately afterwards, bringing vast forces to annihilate all individuals of two factions who happened to be online at the time, and telling the leaders of two other official groups that they'd happily repeat the process all over again and that a drop in activity for unlawfuls would be a positive outcome of all of this, whilst you're being congratulated by the other parties who were genuinely just trying to thank you for the interaction.

You then boot the other parties from all avenues of communication. Bad behaviour to the point where unmentioned individuals who were grouped with you, were uncomfortable with your behaviour and were put off from playing RM in the future.

Since RM does not exist within the 24/7 RP community, we will not interact with you until you act in a civilised, community-productive manner. This means no more fights. We will not fight a faction whose leader tells us Oorply, after we congratulate RM for the activity, that the objective is to prevent our group from playing the game. We will log off, and play something else. I quite enjoy EU4.

Well, you win. We won't play the game with RM online. You win.

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Skorak - 02-11-2018

Supporting the above. I'll not go play EU4 though. Really don't like that game.

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Ice Princess - 02-11-2018

(02-11-2018, 05:15 PM)Tænì Wrote: creating a superbly sudden end to all hostilities with the Bundschuh immediately afterwards,

Excuse me but this was not our intention. It was planned for months that we ask for a cease-fire with RM in Munich and Bering to help with the Munich-Crisis and to defeat our mutual enemy, the Unioners. It was just Wasser who gave us more than we asked for, an entire cease-fire as long as we don't pirate Rheinland corps which we actually never did because we only ask for donations.

As a side note: The com was sent BEFORE the "gank" on UN and Harmony in Bering. Please keep my Bundies out of the crossfire, we weren't even there.

(02-11-2018, 05:40 PM)Ice Princess Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 05:15 PM)Tænì Wrote: creating a superbly sudden end to all hostilities with the Bundschuh immediately afterwards,

Excuse me but this was not our intention. It was planned for months that we ask for a cease-fire with RM in Munich and Bering to help with the Munich-Crisis and to defeat our mutual enemy, the Unioners. It was just Wasser who gave us more than we asked for, an entire cease-fire as long as we don't pirate Rheinland corps which we actually never did because we only ask for donations. It was your fault that we actually kill Unioners on sight ---> gas-attack on Alster.

As a side note: The com was sent BEFORE the "gank" on UN and Harmony in Bering. Please keep my Bundies out of the crossfire, we weren't even there.

Don't worry, we're laser-focused on what the leader of RM admitted to, here. DWR are good guys. What is dodgy is RM accepting to de-jure end one of the biggest ideological conflicts since vanilla in the minutes after the RM leader stating that he's going to abuse the official faction position to go on an OORP quest against two other official groups. That isn't what Discovery is about. This isn't a game of chess and it isn't about enforcing power relationships. He also can't do that - that's a developer decision.

I've always kinda' liked the guy as well, so I have no idea what this is about.

We win, when everyone is enjoying the game. 5th, LN, LSF, 6th, RFP, BDM all understand that. I love interacting with all of the aforementioned groups. Killing ID's that are associated with players we don't like (because they dared cross our mighty stronk group) is just a bit silly. I thought that stuff ended back in 2016. The Alster event only happened because both lawful Rheinland and Unlawful Rheinland signed off on it, and were -okay with it happening-.

Look, I want to do stuff like Hamburg pvp raids. The Alster event happened because Yber and me talked about it and figured out what we both wanted to do, then did RP around it. It was a successful, fun event both factions enjoyed. We can't do stuff like that if there's going to be some OORP huntfest going on. Instead, we're just going to stay logged out.

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Kanzler Niemann - 02-11-2018

Every encounter I had with UN| ended in crying and qq afterwards. You retconn your attack on Harmony because you don't want consequences. Honestly, we don't need your faction for a active Rheinland Military. It always ends in the same. I know you like to complain about stuff and so on. Also as usual the old fancy "gank" cry, if you call a 5v1 a tactical assault, honestly.. I believe that I told you more than once to get yourself together. There is a reason why every Rheinland Faction rejects the Unioners, think about it.

(02-11-2018, 05:59 PM)Harrow Prime Wrote: Every encounter I had with UN| ended in crying and qq afterwards. You retconn your attack on Harmony because you don't want consequences. Honestly, we don't need your faction for a active Rheinland Military. It always ends in the same. I know you like to complain about stuff and so on. Also as usual the old fancy "gank" cry, if you call a 5v1 a tactical assault, honestly.. I believe that I told you more than once to get yourself together. There is a reason why every Rheinland Faction rejects the Unioners, think about it.

That's not true. You know that. The actual relationships of factions arn't influenced by Oorp memery but by story development.

Let's go over every conflict Unioners has.

LWB and Unioners were allied or friendly until LWB was dissolved.

The Unioner-Hessian/SCRA conflict was due to Unioners, Hessians and SCRA mutually deciding that it would make the Rheinland underworld more fun, and taking unitary steps (and with events along the way) to make the conflict happen, even coordinating with story devs and system editors. The conflict recently ended due to other, unanimous RP developments, which added to the story. All leaders behind the tag were friends with one another and -wanted the events to happen-.

Hessians are now neutral-unfriendly. I will always consider Wesker a friend and will be excited for when he comes back. The war story arc ran its course.

SCRA are now neutral/wary. We fought together recently and I am on very good terms with the SCRA leader unofficially, and always have been, through two power transitions.

Gaians are friendly to the Unioners (they're in Rheinland).

Corsairs are allied or friendly depending on individual RP.

Kruger is covertly friendly with the Unioners.

Daumann and the Unioners have done trade deals before.

DWR is awesome and I hope they get approved.#

The majority of Rheinland -likes- the Unioners, believe it or not. I'm personally hotheaded sometimes, yes. However, I never let it spiral into an inter-player feud because that's not what I'm here to do. Ultimately that kinda' Alpha-male dominance-asserting crap is boring.

The Unioners have sold RFP information before. I really love RFP's RP and member base - never have an interaction I regret with RFP.

Bundschuh have always been the ideological enemies of the Unioners. Char Aznable, back in VWA times, was one of my favourite friends on Disco. Ice, though we sometimes have our disagreements, I think very highly of.

Disco works best when we take the time out to figure things out together. Please don't convolute UN|'s InRP history with some warped image of InRP drama. Everything we've done, we've worked towards. This is an RP universe. This isn't just me. Harmony is also deeply upset with you, and you've managed to irritate a BDM player as well.

Lambda, take a step back. We're not your enemy. We want Disco to be fun as much as you do. Abandon this "drive them off the server" attitude and try to make it fun for all of us. I love seeing RM around. I don't enjoy memery. I'd love Bering raids to continue, but it can't be based on the ethos that you want to "punish" Harmony and UN. C'mon, man. It's a game.

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Kanzler Niemann - 02-11-2018

I don't know where this "we want to drive UN| of from the server" comes from must be some irritated people. As you speak about a RM Pilot disturbing your RP by giving a BDM| player orders, why is there still no name on my desk? And don't tell me uh you never asked for one. I also understand something about a dreamland of rp where no-one has to face consequences, when a fight between you and RM began for what ever reason and people came to help, that's usual, happens everywhere. I don't know why people always feel somehow special when it comes to pvp when it doesn't go their way. Of course you can't win every fight and many fights might unfair for you I understand that, but from what my experience of fighting is compared to here is a real Kindergarten if you ask me. If you don't want to interact with us anymore, good we will find someone else, your decision.