Discovery Gaming Community
Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Rheinland (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+----- Forum: [RM] (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=604)
+----- Thread: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread (/showthread.php?tid=9130)

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Alexander Arnold - 09-03-2021

(09-03-2021, 09:25 PM)Kanzler Niemann Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 09:20 PM)Alexander Arnold Wrote: Corse have been present in Cologne at least since Zurich hole was discovered, this is canon from 3+ years ago, it is reasonable to assume that they'd be somewhat known by now after all those years.
Quote:With the discovery of the Zurich hole, Escher is an occasional curiosity to Unioners, Corse and Freelance explorers who pass through the connection.

But I will be honest with you - players from either side just haven't played it out, unlawfuls are overruning the system in and oorp, I threw in as many people I could think of that made at least some sense to pre-reg to keep the activity in the system, and in turn opportunity for Rheinland players and unlawfuls alike going, without the barier of entry to bureocracy that turns people off often.

I thank you very much for the feedback, it's great to see your interest in [RM]!

The interest in [RM] and your general amount of metagaming leaves really a sour taste for the faction that has already been burned down to ashes. The Rheinland Military shouldn't be able to know that the Union Corse is providing mercenary services. Stop quoting the nonsense from info cards and throwing them in this one-sided "conversation". How do you hire someone if you cannot know that the Union Corse is offering mercenary services?! What does this "canon" have anything to do with your pre-registering Union Corse?
I understand how you feel, in fact I would feel the same way in your position - thank you for voicing your opinion! There was no player roleplay done, so it was not fleshed out, Corse has been dead and/or uninterested in Rheinland. So I completely see your point of view of how nobody would know what they even are, since no player roleplay was done - this smells of metagaming!

Facts are
1) Corse are outside of Gallia posing as mercenaries
2) They have been in Rheinland for 3+ years in canon
3) It is somewhat reasonable to assume some in Rheinland Military would be aware of their status.

But as I said, I completely agree with you - I am more aware of Corse than others, I throw them in my bounty board to get more activity going in Hudson because I thought of "hey - they have lines and can come", there was not much else to it.

(09-03-2021, 09:28 PM)Emperor Tekagi Wrote: I'm a bit confused now too. How are a few posts of interaction between players (and given you "just added them to encourage activity", there is interest?!) a barrier of entry. Sorry, but if a couple of posts between RM and UC players to register your UC character on a BB are too much for you, I really don't know what kind of activity this should spark.

And yes, UC ventures to Cologne. Though that doesn't really imply anywhere that they're known in Rheinland for services UC offers within Gallia for Gallia.
The Hudson infocards clearly state that BHG's base is there for a goddamn reason. Because BOTH Liberty and Rheinland considered it the correct move. Keep it to Rheinland + BHG as pre-registered, let the rest RP it out okay.

Those are some very valid points - absolutely love the conversation we have sparked, and the spotlight on the forgotten potential RP being presented. You have changed my mind and I very much agree with your point that leaving opportunity for roleplay would bring more activity arguably and potential for roleplay to all parties. Probably the same could be done with BHG frankly - and I will get on getting roleplay done with them too.

And when I think about it yes - we should contact BHG, and Corse should contact us and introduce themselves first if they so choose. They were removed from the list based on valuable feedback from @Kanzler Niemann and @Emperor Tekagi . I just got lazy and added both silently, and that's not good enough for the high standard [RM] is trying to promote, and the legacy it builds on.

Once again, thank you both for coming in and helping us make the faction better!

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Kanzler Niemann - 09-03-2021

(09-03-2021, 09:36 PM)Alexander Arnold Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 09:25 PM)Kanzler Niemann Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 09:20 PM)Alexander Arnold Wrote: Corse have been present in Cologne at least since Zurich hole was discovered, this is canon from 3+ years ago, it is reasonable to assume that they'd be somewhat known by now after all those years.
Quote:With the discovery of the Zurich hole, Escher is an occasional curiosity to Unioners, Corse and Freelance explorers who pass through the connection.

But I will be honest with you - players from either side just haven't played it out, unlawfuls are overruning the system in and oorp, I threw in as many people I could think of that made at least some sense to pre-reg to keep the activity in the system, and in turn opportunity for Rheinland players and unlawfuls alike going, without the barier of entry to bureocracy that turns people off often.

I thank you very much for the feedback, it's great to see your interest in [RM]!

The interest in [RM] and your general amount of metagaming leaves really a sour taste for the faction that has already been burned down to ashes. The Rheinland Military shouldn't be able to know that the Union Corse is providing mercenary services. Stop quoting the nonsense from info cards and throwing them in this one-sided "conversation". How do you hire someone if you cannot know that the Union Corse is offering mercenary services?! What does this "canon" have anything to do with your pre-registering Union Corse?
I understand how you feel, in fact I would feel the same way in your position - thank you for voicing your opinion! There was no player roleplay done, so it was not fleshed out, Corse has been dead and/or uninterested in Rheinland. So I completely see your point of view of how nobody would know what they even are since no player roleplay was done - this smells of metagaming!

Facts are
1) Corse are outside of Gallia posing as mercenaries
2) They have been in Rheinland for 3+ years in canon
3) It is somewhat reasonable to assume some in Rheinland Military would be aware of their status.

But as I said, I completely agree with you - I am more aware of Corse than others, I throw them in my bounty board to get more activity going in Hudson because I thought of "hey - they have lines and can come", there was not much else to it.

The Union Corse has never been actively posing as mercenaries in Rheinland or any house except Kusari which they have failed. The Union Corse has not made any approach towards Rheinland since.. ever? Your amount of "oorp" and metagaming is really interesting here. However, the Union Corse has no ties in Rheinland or Hudson at all, it is known that they enter Rheinland and that is all you know. How makes this sense in any way? It's funny how you go from one faction to another "spiking" activity and then lose interest after people stop bothering to deal with your shit. It is a real shame that I haven't disbanded [RM] when I was passing leadership to Lambda. However, enjoy claiming on your own bounty board kekw.

See post above - once again, I value your feedback, your are one hundred percent entitled to your feelings and opinions, you have changed my mind with your logically outlined points and I want to thank you for doing the work for Rheinland you are doing.

People do not have to like each other to do the right thing that is for everyone's collective benefit Smile

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Kanzler Niemann - 09-03-2021

(09-03-2021, 09:51 PM)Alexander Arnold Wrote: See post above - once again, I value your feedback, your are one hundred percent entitled to your feelings and opinions, you have changed my mind with your logically outlined points and I want to thank you for doing the work for Rheinland you are doing.

People do not have to like each other to do the right thing that is for everyone's collective benefit Smile

This is literally the smartest thing you have ever posted here.

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Rex Bauer - 09-03-2021

(09-03-2021, 09:52 PM)Kanzler Niemann Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 09:51 PM)Alexander Arnold Wrote: See post above - once again, I value your feedback, your are one hundred percent entitled to your feelings and opinions, you have changed my mind with your logically outlined points and I want to thank you for doing the work for Rheinland you are doing.

This is literally the smartest thing you have ever posted here.

FACT CHECK: Statement checks out

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Drakaisyl - 09-06-2021

Looks like you have some trigger happy pilot(s) who need to read their ID and Server Rules what they can do and what not.

1) Attacking ships in Okinawa and Sigma 59 are way out of your ZOI to engage or even a place to be for official faction ships. But your players or one player, seem not to care,as soon as he/they see something red they jump on it, even kill themself to Log into another Ship just to continue the hunt when the other Ship isn't capable to.

[04.09.2021 11:05:03] [RM]Saboteur: Run Red, run
[04.09.2021 11:05:21] [RM]Saboteur: The Rheinwehr would deal with you easily, wise choice
[04.09.2021 11:06:09] [RM]Saboteur: Silent are you?
[04.09.2021 11:07:14] [RM]Saboteur: You cannot hide forever
[04.09.2021 11:08:26] Death: [RM]Saboteur suffered a self-administered loadout error (Missile/Torpedo).
[04.09.2021 11:08:54] [RM]Anstifter: Proceeding with search

2) When they finally get an moment of joy because they caught someone who is within their ZOI to engage, like your [RM]Fl-Wagner in Omicron Xi ,then he decides not to get denied the orgasm of having a blue message on a Cruiser after all that time and chase and chase and chase. Even when he has to pass whole Omicron Gamma and into Omega-41 only to give the blue message he was so desperite to get to his enemy. Not to mention that he was out of his ZOI to continue the engagement.

So get your Pilots sorted out for the better of your faction.

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Weltuntergang - 09-06-2021

I am very happy you came here actually, since it was you who was leaving feedbacks for lack of roleplaying in Liberty when you went on your quests there.

First encounter
You decided the no-RP move away, zero interaction, like an AFK trader, way outside of Coalition usual area of operation of Capital ships, where Indies can't even go. It was dissapointing to me that you chose to go the zero roleplay route. I got very excited when I saw you to be honest. And it's pretty ironic that you use an OF ID that has unique priviledges of going outside of Zone of influence with a Battlecruiser, refuse to interact and then complain against what basic indie RM ID can do.

Rheinland Military has pirate lines in their enemies' the GMG territory so they can disrupt them and undermine them and their allies. Okinawa is - you guessed it - GMG Territory and a Sigma rules-wise.

This is because of the 80 year war where the direct military of Rheinland' massive failure and loss to GMG messed up the house so badly it hasn't recovered till this day. You fly through GMG Territory, you are an enemy or Rheinland, you will be disrupted by the war of attrition [RM] Units use, because direct open war effort has failed. You would know that if you actually engaged in roleplay on the spot instead of operating a battlecruiser silently far away from Coalition bases.

The Sigma squadron
A squadron will be fleshed out in a couple month's time as it differs from usual [RM] gameplay greatly. Credit actually goes to one of [KGK]'s members as I kinda stole their idea and used it after asking for permission.

I can reveal to you that Rheinwehr has an account with a shared bomber in every single Sigma system where GMG can be seen and you will be seeing a lot more of us, making the region a bit more alive when we flesh out the squadron's lore and modus operandi after some trial and error. If you fly a coalition Battlecruiser through there, prepare for an interaction and a likely piracy or roleplay demand.

Second Encounter
You had a BATTLECRUISER in a DUEL against a SINGLE BOMBER that you NARROWLY WON.

Again, you refused to engage in attempts at roleplay and instead decided to engage in oorp messages and silent thrusting while shooting. I can tell you one thing - if a fight fully starts in one system, you can follow to others.

In Conclusion
Please roleplay when you go to these unusual places where Coalition Indie caps are banned from entering. Silent thrusting and oorp chats do nobody any favours - we are expecting you to interact, and I am very happy you brought this up.

If you used 1/10th of the words you typed here in actual game everyone would feel much better.

Sigma squadron will be fleshed out, and I thank you for giving me the impulse to do so.

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Drakaisyl - 09-06-2021

Simple.Because I don't RP with Rheinland Ships within Kusari space where they don't belong according to the ID. If it would have been MND or any other Intellegance Players then it would make sense,but not a official Rheinland Military who have zero reason to be there. So stop pulling off any shady things to justify your presence there. And just to remind you,your ZOI is as following:

Within Zone of Influence (Rheinland, systems directly bordering Rheinland)

So I read nothing where you have an ID Line that allows you to either to justify your presence within Kusari Space nor beeing able to shoot anyone in there.Neither GMG,Neither Coalition,Neither Liberty Rogues,Neither KNF ... shall I continue the list with every other faction within the game ? Or is that even for you enough to get it ?

About my Cruiser. Aye I use it to move around and my ZOI allows it.So deal with it. There are even Forum Posts about it where I had RP encounters. I simply chose not to RP with you,so stop stomping on the ground like a little kid and go: Buhuhuhu he refused to RP with me. Therefore I log all chars I got access to shoot him down.

But as you are so keen on quoting ID Lines, well then get your ID and read it. Read it carefully. l will even point it out for you:

The Kaiserliche Rheinwehr are the military of Rheinland that supported the Imperial coup. They maintain state control in systems claimed by Rheinland, patrol border systems, and assist in law enforcement.

This Rheinland Military Official Faction ID is used by members of the Rheinland Military, who:

- Can engage in piracy against non-allied ships in the Sigmas.

And now tell me where exactly in that posted Log Files is there an piracy attempt rather then the threatening of your pilot to destroy the Cruiser.

Rule wise you/ he would even would have started an engagement in Okinawa by repeatly shooting Cruise Disruptors to prevent me to get away - just to point it out for him and you. I didn't want to stop and RP there and there is nothing you or he could do against that. You can't force someone to RP while pointing a gun on his head.

RE: Rheinland Military [RM] Feedback Thread - Lucas - 09-06-2021

(09-06-2021, 05:04 PM)Drakaisyl Wrote: Rule wise you/ he would even would have started an engagement in Okinawa by repeatly shooting Cruise Disruptors to prevent me to get away - just to point it out for him and you. I didn't want to stop and RP there and there is nothing you or he could do against that. You can't force someone to RP while pointing a gun on his head.

Just pointing out that the pilot in question might have started pirating you, as is allowed by their ID, had you not decided to silently run away and refuse to interact?