Discovery Gaming Community
What is to do in the server? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: What is to do in the server? (/showthread.php?tid=114000)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: What is to do in the server? - SnakThree - 04-03-2014

So sirius thread. Just have fun. Try different factions, ships, weapons and such.

RE: What is to do in the server? - Enkidu - 04-03-2014

(04-03-2014, 11:23 AM)Ryummel Wrote:
(04-03-2014, 10:10 AM)sindroms Wrote: Which mod version are you talking about in those two paragraphs of happy memories?

Think he's talking about the wrong community/mod xd

I referred to three mod versions. One of them was 4.87.

Now, am I the only one who considers this a fine mod and a fine community?

Short answer: no, of course not. Enough with the trolling runs.

RE: What is to do in the server? - Tutashkhia - 04-04-2014

Some people mentioned here a lack of piracy. But what if we (who had been pirating in New Berlin for about 2 hours,blocked one of the most popular trade-lane for business people and encountered only one or two traders) say that the trading is dead too.

Actually here we have a lack of players. Community population is declining.

People don't trade as much as they used to, they are rich already, and just hanging out sitting near their planets and watching the space. That's why piracy became more and more inactive.

Many people said here that the Pirates these days are just after shooting and only looking for troubles\battles. Yes that's true and wanna know the reason? Based on the fact that the trading is dead, and only too much lucky pirate might encounter three or four traders during a day, I think the only thing unlawfuls have to look for is shooting.

I enjoyed pirating,RPing with traders,and making demands too much. But today it is just impossible unless you enjoy watching an empty vast space and a broken trade-lane in front of your eyes.

RE: What is to do in the server? - SnakThree - 04-04-2014

(04-04-2014, 07:24 AM)Tutashkha Wrote: Some people mentioned here a lack of piracy. But what if we (who had been pirating in New Berlin for about 2 hours,blocked one of the most popular trade-lane for business people and encountered only one or two traders) say that the trading is dead too.

People don't trade as much as they used to, they are rich already, and just hanging out sitting near their planets and watching the space. That's why piracy became more and more inactive.

Many people said here that the Pirates these days are just after shooting and only looking for troubles\battles. Yes that's true and wanna know the reason? Based on the fact that the trading is dead, and only too much lucky pirate might encounter three or four traders during a day, I think the only thing unlawfuls have to look for is shooting.
I have seen your ganksquad in Liberty and have seen that you both, shoot everything and pirate everyone. If you get a trader, then stop shooting others, perhaps? Or if you are bent over to shoot everything, ignore traders then? Because doing both, and posting this crap only makes you look like looking for a weak excuse.

I am flying as LH and I find PLENTY of traders to pirate. PLENTY. Trading is not dead. I hope that PvP pirates would be dead.

RE: What is to do in the server? - Singularity - 04-04-2014

(04-04-2014, 07:28 AM)Snak3 Wrote: I am flying as LH and I find PLENTY of traders to pirate. PLENTY. Trading is not dead. I hope that PvP pirates would be dead.

Correctly said. Liberty lanes are full of Traders, So is Bretonia and Kusari .. I manage a very less time devoted towards "piracy", but whenever I do, I observe quite many traders ranging from Ore-runners to Commodity-haulers.

RE: What is to do in the server? - Auriec - 04-04-2014

Whenever I log on my LWB indie in Stuttgart, I can usually pirate a dozen traders per hour. You're either doing something wrong or are online at the wrong times. (Most active time on the server is European evening, I think.)

So I wouldn't say piracy is dead. You just can't afk 24/7 at a lane anymore, play some other game in the meantime until a trader pops up and then you pirate him, repeat. You have to actively intercept traders in less active regions like Rheinland, but with some effort you can get some results there too.

And yes, I can only agree with Snake on the PvP pirate part.

On topic: There is plenty of stuff to do. I'm mostly here to do the written RP part though, I try to rarely get myself involved in the shooting RP part. But that's up to everyones personal preference and playstyle. Some like one thing more, some like both.
What I can recommend: Create a character on the other side of the spectrum you usually play. I.e. if you usually play as a trader, try playing as a pirate. Been shooting the Order often on your nomad? Time to play as Order.
Or do something completely new with a more or less innovative idea in mind. A good example for some unusual playstyle is Spazzys closed economy & Ironman mode gameplay.
Fly with unusual loadouts. CSV with two missiles for example. SHFs with missile and two torpedoes. The list goes on and on.

(04-04-2014, 07:28 AM)Snak3 Wrote:
(04-04-2014, 07:24 AM)Tutashkha Wrote: Some people mentioned here a lack of piracy. But what if we (who had been pirating in New Berlin for about 2 hours,blocked one of the most popular trade-lane for business people and encountered only one or two traders) say that the trading is dead too.

I have seen your ganksquad in Liberty and have seen that you both, shoot everything and pirate everyone. If you get a trader, then stop shooting others, perhaps? Or if you are bent over to shoot everything, ignore traders then? Because doing both, and posting this crap only makes you look like looking for a weak excuse.

I am flying as LH and I find PLENTY of traders to pirate. PLENTY. Trading is not dead. I hope that PvP pirates would be dead.

Firstly, when the fight is going on I never give up fighting and chase after the trader who appears on scanner.

Secondly, whenever I tried to pirate and block the lanes,not so "PLENTY" traders passed through...Maybe the reason is that traders just get scared when there're some known pirates in the system and try their best to avoid passing through the lanes which are blocked by them,which sadly shouldn't be happening in your case.

Thirdly, I don't know what you call "plenty of traders" because compared to the real numbers of traders who used to trade some times ago,your "plenty of traders" are nothing.

And finally,the only thing I can think about your argument is that you've not experienced the real "PLENTY" traders when it used to be,that's why this activity seems normal for you,who knows.

And what's about our "ganksquad",I try all the best to enjoy from both: RP and Piracy. If you do both correctly they will appear the same. You can have a great RP even with the lawfuls who try to arrest or fire on you. Without RP you won't have PvP,without PvP you won't have as much fun as possible. Both are needed,and from my point, I'm trying to achieve both.

RE: What is to do in the server? - SnakThree - 04-04-2014

Dunno. Playing as LH~, I extort plenty of traders. Doesn't matter if I use tagged ship, which is easy to spot on online player list, or whether I use my untagged ship to do so, there are always traders that I can interact with. The good old days of California hotspot is over. There are less traders than before, but there is also less LNS than before. However, there are far more PvP-oriented pirates in Liberty than ever before. I understand the urge to PvP. But shooting lone fighter with bombers, gunboats, cruisers and battleships is a bit over the top, don't you think?

And self-proclaiming a "known" pirate? Heh. I don't know any of such pirates. There are lots of criminals who I do know, because of the blue messages comming from NY, but they are no pirates.

And when I was telling "you", I meant whole lot of you. OC, Rogues, indie pirates and assorted Freelancers, who appearently act just like pirates, yet I have never seen them claim any bounty on forums. Leave the Liberty to Liberty inhabitanting groups.

I'm not responsible for other pirates who fly with me in Liberty,'cause they have their own style and RP... Data Tutashkhia has his own one. So there're still much difference.

What's about Liberty's inhabitants, Rogues are one of them as far as I know,eh? What's about Outcasts,I'm not aware of their purpose,you can simply ask them yourself... not me.

I agree you that it's not nice when a lone fighter is shot down by gunboats,cruisers and battleships. And I,myself try to stop people from such things... Some listen,some not.