Discovery Gaming Community
The Pirate ID - New Changes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Pirate ID - New Changes (/showthread.php?tid=124513)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - nOmnomnOm - 01-10-2015

Who even said pirates only pirate transports?

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Veygaar - 01-10-2015

(01-10-2015, 06:38 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Who even said pirates only pirate transports?

Codename Hunters and Fighter Miners are safe now Wink

Edit: Honestly though, I think this decision may have been concluded pre-maturely on the admin side is all. No one is perfect.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Alley - 01-10-2015

(01-10-2015, 06:09 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: maybe people just dont want to have a lot of limitations on ZoI and pirate freely almost anywhere....

trigger warning: general statement and not actually an attack on the quoted person!!!!

If this is all disco is for you, we might as well change the ID system to be "good guy ID" "bad guy ID" "victim ID"
All these unlawful factions provide a large variety of roleplay due to their location and history. If all you care about is gimme20dollaz then you're missing a pretty large chunk of the game.

(01-10-2015, 06:45 AM)Alley Wrote:
(01-10-2015, 06:09 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: no. just rogues actually....

and heh... maybe people just dont want to have a lot of limitations on ZoI and pirate freely almost anywhere.... actually there is another ID for that. So I am fine.

Also notice everyone here that likes the change are in offical pirating factions that are not active much atm ^^

If this is all disco is for you, we might as well change the ID system to be "good guy ID" "bad guy ID" "victim ID"

All these unlawful factions provide a large variety of roleplay due to their location and history. If all you care about is gimme20dollaz then you're missing a pretty large chunk of the game.

Actually Ally you are barking at the wrong tree if you assume all I care about is 2millordie.
im actually not offended, im more laughing right now Big Grin that you would try to target me at something as ridiculous as that.

some people think this way, which is what warranted my comment.

You're clearly not aware that most of my disco time i was only playing as a pirate and have done extensive RP. Pages after pages in word docs that i still didnt post online. I've gotten to a point where in the story line the character breaks out of his "ZOI" and goes out of his turf etc etc. It's too bad Mrs.Altejago is busy though to continue with me.

in any case, Ally, dont claim someone pirates only for the 2 mills just because the majority of the server does it.

No its not worth commenting like that and targeting someone unfairly to try to point something out.

I'm not even targeting you, that's why a chunk of your quote was in bold as that is what I was commenting on. I've made my initial comment clearer.

MMmk. When you quote initially an entire quote and say constantly "you" then someone would assume you are talking about them.

Anyway.

The pirate ID allowed a player to be an unlawful freelancer and travel sirius in search of loot. It's only the fault of some people that have made this an abuse. there are the house pirates, yes, but there should also be the generic pirates that can hunt everywhere but have limited access to bases, such as we had before.

as has been pointed out and will be, the ID can now be manipulated against itself and this move by the admins to me it seems is just a clever way to make the ID less interesting if at all not interesting so that offical factions would have a better chance to get players. But what if they dont want to join? Well then they will have to suffer over the offical faction anyway that they play.

where as an pirate ID would not care about who is in charge, and indy would.

A lone-wolf pirate sounds great to me if you wana go that route. Guess it must be SRPed now if one ever wants to do it

Quite disappointing. To say the least.

(01-10-2015, 12:29 AM)Drrobe Wrote: They place demands on navies/police knowing full well that these will never be met, basically just as an excuse to pvp without violating the ID.

SOrry for the double but i have to point this out.

I remember PLR and LR back in the day when i flew as them we used to demand things from cops all the time.
I remember and still see players charging miners/traders 10+ million knowing full well they dont get it just so that they can engage.

There is actually a reason why it is 2 million and that is because it is a safe number that usually is the average amount that would be feasible to get out of someone.

Im sorry but if a pirate cannot demand from a non-transport to "give me your panties" or "give me your shirt" or "give me your badge" then thats is just silly and the rules are restricting WAY too much.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Teerin - 01-10-2015

(01-10-2015, 07:23 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: Im sorry but if a pirate cannot demand from a non-transport to "give me your panties" or "give me your shirt" or "give me your badge" then thats is just silly and the rules are restricting WAY too much.

No one ever told you that you couldn't demand roleplay.

Also, Kevin and Veygaar have a very valid point;

(01-10-2015, 05:10 AM)GrnRaptor Wrote: [...]

I would like to suggest that the following line be added to the Pirate ID as well.

Quote:* - Can demand credits from any vessel with a generic ID (Miner, Freelancer, Pirate) and attack them if they don't comply.

This will allow a pirate to rob the overbearing snub pilot passing by, that cocky miner in an Arrasta hiding in the Taus, and his competition on pirate alley in California, for example. All of these IDs are generic civilian and should be RP targets for a pirate anyway. The Freighter/Transport/Liner line would override this so that cargo can still be demanded from them.