Discovery Gaming Community
replacement BHG battleship - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: replacement BHG battleship (/showthread.php?tid=12940)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

replacement BHG battleship - Jinx - 10-11-2008

i just sent Tic the model -

yea - i know it has only 20 in the CMP, but still, you MUST assign 20 of them in cmp - cause its a replace... its upon you to make them "logical" Tic if you want. - but keep the characteristic that it can fire 14 turrets into its front arc.

Email me the ship back when you re done... i ll size it up then and put it into the pack.

replacement BHG battleship - Tic - 10-11-2008

' Wrote:i just sent Tic the model -

yea - i know it has only 20 in the CMP, but still, you MUST assign 20 of them in cmp - cause its a replace... its upon you to make them "logical" Tic if you want. - but keep the characteristic that it can fire 14 turrets into its front arc.

Email me the ship back when you re done... i ll size it up then and put it into the pack.

Yeh i know that all turrets must be copied exactly. And rest assured that all 14 will fire forward.

But i will reduce fire ability to back and side, but increase up/down. Since it is lang it should have a lot of
turrets firing up/down. And i will stick to positions you already placed, but only position them a bit better,
so they dont appear to be flying.

replacement BHG battleship - Carme - 10-11-2008

The Sheer awesomeness of this new Model, and the other smaller Cap ship models of the BHG Fleet truely capture the idea that they look like a Shark in the Ocean, it almost makes me want to start a BHG Ship just to fly that Marvelous beast ^.^

However, like Tic said, the Engines should be stacked Longest on top, next longest below it, then last engine beneath that.

and Agreed, it needs to match Osiris in Length.

NAME SUGGESTION: Megalodon

[Image: 800px-Megalodon_scale1.png]

[Image: Megalodon.jpg]

yea - the "flying" hardpoints is a problem i have... i place them with ctrl+right click only.. and not in milkshape. guess thats a problem sometimes... well, now that its your problem.... i can live with that hehe - you just got the model via email - its now 20% larger...

replacement BHG battleship - Carme - 10-11-2008

... dunno if you noticed, or if i posted "in your blind spot"

where I post, when you are writing a message, you post, then you see your new post, but not my post, then go off to do something else...

' Wrote:The Sheer awesomeness of this new Model, and the other smaller Cap ship models of the BHG Fleet truely capture the idea that they look like a Shark in the Ocean, it almost makes me want to start a BHG Ship just to fly that Marvelous beast ^.^
However, like Tic said, the Engines should be stacked Longest on top, next longest below it, then last engine beneath that.

and Agreed, it needs to match Osiris in Length.

NAME SUGGESTION: Megalodon

[Image: 800px-Megalodon_scale1.png]

[Image: Megalodon.jpg]

yes.. i really missed your post - i can post Tic an alternative model with the engines reversed to the longest on top and the shortest below - i put the longest below, cause it catches up the "lines" of the shape of the front ( a simple design element ) - gonne Email him one alternative cmp / mat with reversed engines, and he can decide whats better ( personally, i won t fly it anyway - so its up to him )

replacement BHG battleship - Tic - 10-11-2008

Finito:

Arcs:

14 forward
12 backward
8 left/right
13 up/down

Also is it possible to change camera_offset and turret view distance values for ship without player wipe?

Ship is all HPed and ready to be submited.

[Image: 11vh2.jpg]
[Image: 12to7.jpg]
[Image: 13wg7.jpg]
[Image: 14nh3.jpg]
[Image: 15sz2.jpg]

replacement BHG battleship - NonSequitor - 10-11-2008

Lookin' spiffy!

What's the color the ship's tileset?

Would grey be better?

replacement BHG battleship - Muleo - 10-11-2008

Still wish it was a big longer, but gotta say it looks good skinned.

Isn't 14 guns a bit overkill for a ship that small?

@mule: its a replace - we are actually nerfing it right now.....

we increased its size by 20% ( basicly from what size it is now ) ... and it currently has 14 turrets with a 360 fire degree. - Tic place logically based arcs on the ship.

so.. if you haven t felt overpowered much by the current BHG battleship... you will certainly not feel by that one. its a straight downgrade ( to what feels a little better ) - and its now "only" 6 times smaller than a zoner juggernaut:laugh: