Discovery Gaming Community
Vote for the name of 4.88 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Vote for the name of 4.88 (/showthread.php?tid=132909)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Vote for the name of 4.88 - Jack_Henderson - 11-14-2015

Actually: Why not just move the timeline a little faster and depict a status that is after this deadlock?
I cannot think of many that find it interesting to rp in a largely unchanged setting.

Suggestions: Strike Back, Retaliation, Tipping Point, Turning Point,...

These names would describe that "something is happening"... instead of "nothing is happening".

RE: Vote for the name of 4.88 - OldMiner - 11-14-2015

Im not sure just who the tactician is in the Dev Team is but you have recently shrunk Gallia to 5 systems and 3 border worlds in order to prevent system bloat. (According to the latest map) So the next mod puts Gallia in california. This now make their logistic length inpractical and difficult to defend. I suggest people look at Napolans march on Moscow. Also lines of logistics to far so the plan was doomed and someone in the 20th century also tried streching his logistics to far by goint deep into Russia.
However perhaps you are trying to invoke Japans comment after they attacked Pearl Harbour. quote "All I fear we have done is to wake a sleeping giant."
SO system Count Gallia 5, Liberty 13 Allied with Bretonia and the Council on their doorstop and Kusari in civil war. Clearly Gallia is dead in the next release after this one.

Perhaps this episode should be called "Fools Folly"

I admire all the work of the Dev Team but Stragedy is a tad lacking I fear

RE: Vote for the name of 4.88 - Querious - 11-15-2015

Gallia still is connected to and controls Lorraine and Lyonnais by the Dauphine-Lyonnais Jump Hole that traders occasionally use, so count that as 2 more border worlds. Gallia pretty much treats the Gallic Border Worlds as house space so 5+3+2=10 Gallic Systems not to mention the fact that they control Orkney, Tau-23, Tau-44, Tau-31, Edinburgh, and most of Leeds by now. The only reason that they stretched this far was to separate Liberty and Bretonia so that they could finally defeat Bretonia without Liberty getting in the way. The whole trading by jump gates thing still precedents the jump hole trading, but actual NPC and Player House traders do use specific jump holes now.

RE: Vote for the name of 4.88 - Dogbite10 - 11-15-2015

I'm surprised Deadlock is winning. If the intent is to get potential new players interested, it doesn't seem like good advertising. Deadlocks are frustrating.

RE: Vote for the name of 4.88 - nOmnomnOm - 11-15-2015

[Image: brand_loblaw_noname.png]

RE: Vote for the name of 4.88 - OldMiner - 11-15-2015

I would challenge the other systems that Gallia "Controlls" but then this is the reflection of how things are in GC whereas many other servers may have a different view on this and how they play the game. If what is said is true then I would ask if Gallia is the Dev Teams pet? (I know they built it) Because it may reflect the future outcome of the game. I admire the view that all must be done to encourage new players so a glimps of the future may be appreciatted by all.

What makes game play difficult is that a NPC vessel base is almost impossible to knock out which is unrealistic. A static BS has the same weakness as a mobile BS, in fact it is more vulnerable, but any prelude to an attack is to remove the BS that stand in your way. Such static BS should be weak enough to be removed and stay removed for a set period of time. If Players were allowed to dominate by conquest then the shape of the game may improve.

RE: Vote for the name of 4.88 - Cashew - 11-15-2015

This is the final one. If your suggestion didn't get in then tough, I'm not writing them all again.

RE: Vote for the name of 4.88 - Cashew - 11-16-2015

Vote ends tomorrow morning (GMT). Get your vote in if you haven't already.

RE: Vote for the name of 4.88 - Cashew - 11-18-2015

We're going to hold a second round of voting which will entail the top three names so far. We can't decide a vote on the one with 27% because it's not fair, we're doing this so you can vote your favourite out of the remaining ones. Apologies to all the names that were one away, but we had to draw the line somewhere.

RE: Vote for the name of 4.88 - Cashew - 11-20-2015

Vote ends tomorrow morning (GMT).