Discovery Gaming Community
Gas Miners Guild Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Inter-House (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Forum: GMG| (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=572)
+----- Thread: Gas Miners Guild Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=136083)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Gas Miners Guild Feedback - Chuba - 01-21-2022

gmg_vhf will defend iejima from all enemies of the guild, heil meph

RE: Gas Miners Guild Feedback - LuckyOne - 01-21-2022

(01-21-2022, 11:31 AM)Kauket Wrote: They don't. That's why you'll notice 5 of them log just before the quarter checks in.

Same can be said with most factions these days anyway.

Or in other words, the current OF system / requirements to keep OF are broken and should have been either scrapped or reworked completely a long time ago.

Preferably reworked into something less biased that will have different weighting factors depending on the faction size (both inRP and OORP), faction goals and faction place in Sirius with less focus on logged time quantity and more focus on logged time quality.

RE: Gas Miners Guild Feedback - Karst - 01-21-2022

This is a feedback thread. Stick to posting feedback.

RE: Gas Miners Guild Feedback - Oprixy - 01-21-2022

Nice to see an offical faction dying in a fight then just re-engaging. Looking at you rebecca.

[21.01.2022 17:19:56] Death: GMG|Rebecca,Harper suffered a self-administered loadout error (Mine).

[21.01.2022 17:23:26] GMG|Rebecca,Harper: Rearmed.
[21.01.2022 17:23:32] GMG|Rebecca,Harper: And it's still going.
[21.01.2022 17:23:38] GMG|Rebecca,Harper: Right, time to end this.

RE: Gas Miners Guild Feedback - ONIKS - 01-22-2022

(01-21-2022, 12:55 PM)Karst Wrote: This is a feedback thread. Stick to posting feedback.

If this is a feedback thread, then can the 1iC of the faction start replying to the said feedback and do something about offendable violations, like the one posted above?

Because I think that answer is 'no', and this whole faction is a testament to two things: the system of official factions is flawed and doesn't work - at all, and that this is breeding negligence, assisted by ignorance of moderator and admin teams.

This is not a secret, that GMG| as a faction has only one member - it is Mep, that's it. He's 1iC, 2iC, the most active trader and main PvP force in the faction. There's no one else, it's just Mep. But when Mep needs something done, for example, AFKing in space for an activity or PoB siege - he just goes out and asks some of his friends to log shared ships, until they get these 3 days of the activity. After that, it's all over. Mep is back being all alone, with his sandcastle of GMG, for three months.

Thing is, if I remember correctly, now OFL factions must have a minimum of 3 members logging. And what Mep does - clearly doesn't fall under this category. Yet, GMG is still OFL. Why so? Maybe, someone from the team can answer this? I'd appreciate some transparency in this regard, why some factions are getting favors from the team, allowing them to grief everyone else in a specific part of the space, while others - don't, and they lose these OFL statuses en masse?

Maybe, Mep himself can clarify, what's happening with his faction, or is he too busy 'moderating'? Remind me, why he's moderator when he clearly can't even manage his own faction consisting only of himself? That's clearly a flag that this person is not capable of moderating the community. Moreover, he's actively harassing said community in-game, so that raises even more questions from me

I'm looking forward to hearing back from Mep.

RE: Gas Miners Guild Feedback - Pepe - 01-22-2022

I see your letter mostly as a feedback to a person, my friend. Knowing that person for years, I took the right to reply, with respect.

It is hard to like Mep and it's easy in the same time. He's very unique. Unlike rest of us he does good things in quiet. he doesn't even know I know it. He is very able to be a great friend, or just respect others, but he rather hides those skills. He is also picky, so coming close to him is uncommon occasion.

About him I would think the same as you, from the distance you are looking at him. I'm saying you are not making some bad judgment, you are just doing it from not close enough. I would like you have better opinion about him, while I understand completely why you think all this. I respect you openly shared your opinion and in that light I kindly ask you to reconsider.

Being member of GMG| and few other old factions, I must say we all oftenly log to make activity hours, knowing it probably won't be funny like some years ago. It doesn't mean we afk. It's simply our duty to do what we can to keep the game at some level. I do not represent GMG|, I'm just a small wheel there, but I had a need to show you a picture from where I stand, my friend.

About time it usually takes to get a comm from GMG| I have a comment: it's worse than you said. But poking Mep to reply to some comm is one of Disco's main attractions.

RE: Gas Miners Guild Feedback - LuckyOne - 01-22-2022

Note to self: you have to poke Mep with a macho finger if you want to get a reply fast Smile

Regarding the membership accusations, I can say I've personally witnessed GMG log in force against Corsairs several weeks ago, so it's not entirely a one man band. And they were decent sport, engaging even when they seemed outnumbered for a moment (but that changed fast when they yeeted half of the Corsairs in a few minutes, so they certainly knew what they were doing Big Grin)

RE: Gas Miners Guild Feedback - Lucas - 01-22-2022

(01-22-2022, 11:49 AM)ONIKS Wrote:
(01-21-2022, 12:55 PM)Karst Wrote: This is a feedback thread. Stick to posting feedback.

If this is a feedback thread, then can the 1iC of the faction start replying to the said feedback and do something about offendable violations, like the one posted above?

Because I think that answer is 'no', and this whole faction is a testament to two things: the system of official factions is flawed and doesn't work - at all, and that this is breeding negligence, assisted by ignorance of moderator and admin teams.

This is not a secret, that GMG| as a faction has only one member - it is Mep, that's it. He's 1iC, 2iC, the most active trader and main PvP force in the faction. There's no one else, it's just Mep. But when Mep needs something done, for example, AFKing in space for an activity or PoB siege - he just goes out and asks some of his friends to log shared ships, until they get these 3 days of the activity. After that, it's all over. Mep is back being all alone, with his sandcastle of GMG, for three months.

Thing is, if I remember correctly, now OFL factions must have a minimum of 3 members logging. And what Mep does - clearly doesn't fall under this category. Yet, GMG is still OFL. Why so? Maybe, someone from the team can answer this? I'd appreciate some transparency in this regard, why some factions are getting favors from the team, allowing them to grief everyone else in a specific part of the space, while others - don't, and they lose these OFL statuses en masse?

Maybe, Mep himself can clarify, what's happening with his faction, or is he too busy 'moderating'? Remind me, why he's moderator when he clearly can't even manage his own faction consisting only of himself? That's clearly a flag that this person is not capable of moderating the community. Moreover, he's actively harassing said community in-game, so that raises even more questions from me

I'm looking forward to hearing back from Mep.
this is literally just wrong btw.
GMG has more than Mep, Nova logs quite frequently too for example, you just assume its mep

RE: Gas Miners Guild Feedback - Hemlocke - 01-22-2022

Forget "POBs bring activity to the game"

Time to coin "POBs bring activity to the forum"

The forums were a mistake.

RE: Gas Miners Guild Feedback - Lex - 01-22-2022

Feedback acquired