Discovery Gaming Community
[Admin Notice]: Issues with POB plugin - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: [Admin Notice]: Issues with POB plugin (/showthread.php?tid=146174)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: [Admin Notice]: Issues with POB plugin - Tutashkhia - 12-11-2016

One thing about this news.

The base siege declaration was made exactly 13 (or 14 days) ago. With proper RP and everything... It appeared that we waited till the last 2 days, and everyone were sure we would do something if we ever would try either yesterday or today. But the worst part is that even if we tried yesterday with 20 Battleships, it would not be a fair kill, as suddenly there appeared the problem, Bases got disabled or whatever and even if we brought 20 Battleships and managed to destroy the base, it would get restored in any way, as the bug was confirmed.

The thing is, I'm interested, how many days have I lost because of that bug? When you declare a base siege, you have 2 weeks. Clearly, from those 2 weeks we lost 2 most important days, and in these 2 days it might have happened. Now imagine, if the problem gets fixed by tomorrow, I will have to make another RP and another declaration notice and will have to wait for 24 hours. Even I will have to wait 48 hours, to be again able to start the siege.

My request after this issue is that we won't need to make another RP (as it is already made), and once we make the declaration notice again (if we decide to siege the base tomorrow, we won't be able if we don't make the declaration today and wait 24 hours now), we will wait 24 hours.

I think my request is fair.

P.S Or offer me something, because I don't really get it now.

P.S.S I don't see the RP is needed, as there is only ignore from the side who is supposed to respond the RP. It will be the same this time too, so you got the RP done from me. Nothing will be changed...

RE: [Admin Notice]: Issues with POB plugin - Zyliath - 12-11-2016

I see that my previous post was outright ignored.
I will repeat myself once more:

BRING THIS DAMNED, USELESS, VITRIOLIC, STUPID DRAMA OUT OF THE COMMUNITY FORUMS!!!

If you want to argue that badly, do it on Skype, not on the forums!
Thank you. ~Zyl

RE: [Admin Notice]: Issues with POB plugin - Doria - 12-11-2016

So, folks, back to the PoB bug problem...

A couple days back I noticed that the base had all crew, fow and repair materials onboard, and still the repair status was not available. I was going to check it again later after server restarts etc, but never got to it. As I saw this announcement I was thinking if it might be related.

RE: [Admin Notice]: Issues with POB plugin - Shiki - 12-11-2016

(12-11-2016, 12:37 PM)Zyliath Wrote: I see that my previous post was outright ignored.
I will repeat myself once more:

BRING THIS DAMNED, USELESS, VITRIOLIC, STUPID DRAMA OUT OF THE COMMUNITY FORUMS!!!

If you want to argue that badly, do it on Skype, not on the forums!
Thank you. ~Zyl

You can stop telling other people what to do. Forums are the public discussion platform for both pleasing and problematic topics. You want turn forums into a North Korean news, everything is very good and 'drama' does not exist. This approach will cause only harm and every discussing, as long as it's withint the rules should have a place.

RE: [Admin Notice]: Issues with POB plugin - Alley - 12-11-2016

(12-11-2016, 12:55 PM)Doria Wrote: the repair status was not available.

The message can lead to confusion and I was thinking about changing it yesterday.
"Not available" means in reality it isn't repairing, and switches to "Repairing" when it is repairing.

RE: [Admin Notice]: Issues with POB plugin - Hina Nakamura - 12-11-2016

(12-11-2016, 02:49 PM)Alley Wrote:
(12-11-2016, 12:55 PM)Doria Wrote: the repair status was not available.

The message can lead to confusion and I was thinking about changing it yesterday.
"Not available" means in reality it isn't repairing, and switches to "Repairing" when it is repairing.

good idea, it was confusing me too sometimes until i got used to understand it
"Repairing" is a better word
btw @Alley .. is there any time frame we can know until the bases are back? thanks in advance

RE: [Admin Notice]: Issues with POB plugin - sindroms - 12-11-2016

No idea at this point. Enjoy your New Year and hollidays without worrying about supplies, anyway.

RE: [Admin Notice]: Issues with POB plugin - Xenon - 12-12-2016

is there any possibility of restoring a backup from the plugin and make it work again like before?
Then make a copy for yourself and start editing it the way you want, so the rest of the players can use their bases?

I am one of the players who enjoy this game 95% because of POBs
Can you please restore the old copy of the backup? thanks

RE: [Admin Notice]: Issues with POB plugin - Altejago - 12-12-2016

Yeah, I second this guy. We waited weeks for our application for C2 to be completed and the day we got our blueprints, we didn't even have enough time to implement it to the base before they were disabled. It's a real anti-climax to something our entire faction was looking forward too.

RE: [Admin Notice]: Issues with POB plugin - Officially_that_Guy - 12-12-2016

Just enjoy the free time. Go do something fun, bases are stressful enough before long. Go visit the Taus and Omegas, make new friends, prepare more business contracts etc etc