Discovery Gaming Community
Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event (/showthread.php?tid=148652)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Shaggy - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 01:29 PM)sindroms Wrote: TL;DR

I am leaving the event run until one of the counters is filled. Since it seems that the other side were not involved, I do not see this leading to any RP consequences. You can treat it as a regular combat event between GG and HF if you want. Do not run the trading event if you do not want to. Do what you want, but I am not going to waste my time re-writing the whole thing again.

Do what you want and let me tick this official event request off my checklist so I can do the next one.

If Order do not partake in the event due to the reasons stated in this thread and the event theead. Why not just change it to a pvp combat event between aux and hf vs gaians

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Jayce - 03-12-2017

Quote:My cent is that there should be exclusively only scripted RPed events.

Guess the Zoner events, arguably the most activity-generating event in the past year and change, shouldn't have happened.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Kauket - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 01:33 PM)Vendetta Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 01:29 PM)Shaggy Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 01:25 PM)Vendetta Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 01:24 PM)Gagadug. Wrote: For calming the discussion about ship types down a bit, there will be no HF battleships or cruisers appearing on the scene unless other capforces make it necessary. Expect mainly fighters and bombers from our side.

Exactly this. Justin wanted it to be clear that caps would be a last resort. I've only been on my SRP to idle around and RP.

This is appreciated but that doesnot change the fact bith Aux and HF have a larger player base than Order do which is active. Not only that but again order has only 3 transporters which are inactive. So do the event creators expect people to go buy a transport for 100 mill thats without armor to be shot by everything from the Omicrons Sigmas Rheinland Liberty as the quickest way to get there?

As it was stated, people could roleplay ordering assistance from other groups and trade factions to potentially have their IDs added to the event that may spice up the area. The Order has the opportunity to reach out to others for aid in responding to a distress call from one of their vessels, including the local Gaians for additional support.

The intent was behind this was to spice up the Independent Worlds in that particular area and breathe some life into all factions present. Contrary to popular belief, our player base has severely diminished over the months due to incidents that resulted in people outright leaving the server for how they were treated just by being a part of the faction.

We'd like to organize fair fights between all parties.

I was hoping for potential CR involvement, as in the future, they have so much potential RP, such as helping repair the Atum if it's able to circle around to Coronado. Or other faction involvements, who knows. Maybe IMG will help the Order and break our relations? So on. So forth.

It's dynamic.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Epo - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 01:34 PM)Shaggy Wrote:

I am leaving the event run until one of the counters is filled. Since it seems that the other side were not involved, I do not see this leading to any RP consequences. You can treat it as a regular combat event between GG and HF if you want. Do not run the trading event if you do not want to. Do what you want, but I am not going to waste my time re-writing the whole thing again.

Do what you want and let me tick this official event request off my checklist so I can do the next one.

If Order do not partake in the event due to the reasons stated in this thread and the event theead. Why not just change it to a pvp combat event between aux and hf vs gaians

If it has no consequences, leave the Order indies in. They might want to show for a careless pewpew.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - sindroms - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 01:34 PM)Shaggy Wrote:

Because the Order do not speak for all of the players using that ID.
If there are order transports wanting to at least nab the first place rewards, I see no reason to forbid them from doing that.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Dave Synk - 03-12-2017

I expect from this event, that at least 10 people will leave disco again.

This went all too dysfunctional. How everything goes in general around here.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Kopesh - 03-12-2017

Just a question.
I,as a order indie player,wish to take part in this.Not in the trade event,but in the fight event.
Do I have to come all the way from mu to inversness and dock on atum?

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Burning - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 01:41 PM)Dave.Synk Wrote: I expect from this event, that at least 10 people will leave disco again.

This went all too dysfunctional. How everything goes in general around here.

Participating is optional, and the event's outcome doesn't mean anything.
In addition, it grants every faction participating reason to log and to RP.

Certainly no reason to quit Discovery.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Vendetta - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 01:44 PM)Kopesh Wrote: Just a question.
I,as a order indie player,wish to take part in this.Not in the trade event,but in the fight event.
Do I have to come all the way from mu to inversness and dock on atum?

If you end up getting killed and don't want to fly all the way back, you could dock on the Atum or the other bases you're able to dock on such as CR.

RE: Petition to cancel the "Hellgate" Inverness event - Ryummel - 03-12-2017

I don't think any Wild group complained when the Drake-Coronado jumpgate was destroyed without any kind of event like this taking part.

Hypocrites.