Discovery Gaming Community
The Heaven's Gate Seige | December 15 - 29 (or longer) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: The Heaven's Gate Seige | December 15 - 29 (or longer) (/showthread.php?tid=155971)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: The Heaven's Gate Seige | December 15 - 29 (or longer) - nOmnomnOm - 12-02-2017

(12-02-2017, 09:13 PM)t0l Wrote: "let's mobilize two factions that are currently at war and raid a nomad stronghold so my fast and furious import can have a shiny new ship"

-you

1) when this event was going to be made, the factions were not at war.
2) AFC isnt a fast and furious import. Can you please stop trolling me with that?
3) And to do an SRP, I am doing this event. If you have problems with this event then you can also have problems surley with "Oh i want a shiny new ship so im making an SRP for it"

RE: The Heaven's Gate Seige | December 15 - 29 (or longer) - Foxglove - 12-02-2017

My only problem is what @The Sovereign said. Since whatever the defenders do, there is no way to prevent it, they are just playing antagonist so AFC can play protagonist. You could just have done the RP on the forums and asked people to agree to it, because that would have been just as interactive. The few skirmishes from this event aren't more meaningful than a raid in Delta or Bretonia.

RE: The Heaven's Gate Seige | December 15 - 29 (or longer) - nOmnomnOm - 12-02-2017

(12-02-2017, 09:04 PM)Yaoquizque Wrote: And the same people finding the Satsuma blueprints

The logic of the blueprints was covered in the needed detail.
I also asked to people needed to ask to make sure it makes sense.

Sorry that it doesnt make sense to you.

(12-02-2017, 10:06 PM)Foxglove Wrote: My only problem is what @The Sovereign said. Since whatever the defenders do, there is no way to prevent it, they are just playing antagonist so AFC can play protagonist. You could just have done the RP on the forums and asked people to agree to it, because that would have been just as interactive. The few skirmishes from this event aren't more meaningful than a raid in Delta or Bretonia.

I dont think you can prevent a surprise attack from happening. The fact that the NEMP is only used as to explain the ability for the seige from happening makes this a minor problem.

Any event in this scale was done the same way. A-B-C
Admin events were done in A-B-C format before

I could have made people drunk and stolen the ship, but I am not doing that. Im making an event for people to participate and have fun, increase activity for people as well.

(12-02-2017, 09:24 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: From what I am hearing, this did not have Aoi approval. It had minor consultation, but that the Arch was not on the table.

LOL and the large chat that took many days to discuss was "minor"
no... no it was not. Please stop twisting the facts.

RE: The Heaven's Gate Seige | December 15 - 29 (or longer) - Chuba - 12-02-2017

you mean you made an event that nobody really likes or wants to join, yet you think it'll boost activity in Kusari? I really hope that is the case, buddy.

(12-02-2017, 09:34 PM)NieRdackel Wrote: If you had read the RP, back when I was in BD it was me to handle this, I made more or less clear that BD cannot even afford any large scale fleet movements to help AFC out.

EDIT: To make you have to read less: Told AFC we cannot spare a single Togo, maybe 2-3 Kagutsuchi's and a handful of raiders from the already underpopulated base in Honshu due to the occupation with Tomioka.

PS: How the new BD| handle this may differ strongly from what was planned back then.

EDIT 2: Past this, well, I saw some discussions off forum about this event and it looked like it could be turned into larger thing, so to say starting new stuff about the Arch. (Like seriously, the Arch is stagnant since 24 years inRP, that's pretty meh). Like switching ownership etc, a mini conflict so to say.

I also informed the new BD leader and he agreed with the event too.

(12-02-2017, 10:11 PM)Chuba Wrote: you mean you made an event that nobody really likes or wants to join, yet you think it'll boost activity in Kusari? I really hope that is the case, buddy.

You mean that you posted your prior post to troll that you like it and now you are posting again?
Make up your mind and speak for yourself instead of everyone.

Put aside your hate for me.

RE: The Heaven's Gate Seige | December 15 - 29 (or longer) - Goliath - 12-02-2017

How about taking a hike, guys? If @nOmnomnOm wants to do an event, let him be. There is nothing to lose. Also, if you don't like the idea and don't want to participate just sit back and watch. Nobody forces you to sign up.

(12-02-2017, 09:39 PM)Auzari Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 09:35 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 09:32 PM)Chronicron Wrote: hol up. did you actually contacted anyone from mentioned faction leaders before planning this event?

Yes

For the billionth time.

We all spoke in hypertheoticals, "what if's - how would something" etc - we never fully in stone agreed to it.

No, sorry... but that is wrong as well.