Discovery Gaming Community
5.1 "Aftershock" - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Patch Notes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=638)
+---- Thread: 5.1 "Aftershock" (/showthread.php?tid=203235)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: 5.1 "Aftershock" - NOVA-5 - 07-16-2024

(07-16-2024, 08:36 AM)Busy Miner Wrote:
(07-16-2024, 08:02 AM)NOVA-5 Wrote: I helped out in Delta a little while back, was costing me 1m a day.
I was asked to help with a pob the other day, had to tell them to go get fu**ed!

A bit extreme, but 1 load of BA is 115.000 cr if you get the best price. Plus 70.000 for water if you get best price. Plus MOX/HFuel, Fertilizer, etc. In a normal POB with regular buyers you can still make a profit of 10mio cr per month.

That's great n all but then you're just a pob slave with no time to do much else.

RE: 5.1 "Aftershock" - Busy Miner - 07-16-2024

(07-16-2024, 11:28 AM)NOVA-5 Wrote: ...

That's great n all but then you're just a pob slave with no time to do much else.

First of all: no. Second: if that is my wish how to play this game and to contribute to the server, then it is my choice. I have every right to make QoL suggestions.

RE: 5.1 "Aftershock" - Haste - 07-16-2024

I think that, while a good 90% of PoBs on the server see minimal to no use and are effectively on permanent life support, we don't need to worry about upkeep costs. Clearly players are still willing to keep their PoB just about alive while it contributes nothing to the game and it slowly bleeds them of credits at current prices. Sounds like a money sink to me, something we're otherwise very short on.

(07-16-2024, 11:54 AM)Haste Wrote: I think that, while a good 90% of PoBs on the server see minimal to no use and are effectively on permanent life support, we don't need to worry about upkeep costs. Clearly players are still willing to keep their PoB just about alive while it contributes nothing to the game and it slowly bleeds them of credits at current prices. Sounds like a money sink to me, something we're otherwise very short on.

Have absolutely no problem with that. But as stated above, this is probably done by players with deep pockets anyway... Besides I know one player who has considerable health problems atm and can't be online very often, keeping his base alive with reduced supplies would be helpful.

RE: 5.1 "Aftershock" - NOVA-5 - 07-16-2024

(07-16-2024, 11:49 AM)Busy Miner Wrote:

First of all: no. Second: if that is my wish how to play this game and to contribute to the server, then it is my choice. I have every right to make QoL suggestions.
(07-16-2024, 12:08 PM)Busy Miner Wrote: Have absolutely no problem with that. But as stated above, this is probably done by players with deep pockets anyway... Besides I know one player who has considerable health problems atm and can't be online very often, keeping his base alive with reduced supplies would be helpful.

Ok, i'll rephrase that then: That's great n all but then you're just someone else's pob slave with no time to do much else.

RE: 5.1 "Aftershock" - Haste - 07-16-2024

So. Let it die. We have several PoBs for every player online at all times, the world won't end if we end up with fewer.

(07-16-2024, 12:36 PM)NOVA-5 Wrote:
(07-16-2024, 11:49 AM)Busy Miner Wrote:

(07-16-2024, 12:08 PM)Busy Miner Wrote: Have absolutely no problem with that. But as stated above, this is probably done by players with deep pockets anyway... Besides I know one player who has considerable health problems atm and can't be online very often, keeping his base alive with reduced supplies would be helpful.

Ok, i'll rephrase that then: That's great n all but then you're just someone else's pob slave with no time to do much else.

So I really hate making money in this game, why don't the devs automatically give every new char 200 mio cr for free? So no one would have to slave.

(07-16-2024, 01:32 PM)Haste Wrote: So. Let it die. We have several PoBs for every player online at all times, the world won't end if we end up with fewer.

And like 90% of them are privately owned with no docking, so useless.

RE: 5.1 "Aftershock" - rwx - 07-16-2024

(07-16-2024, 01:32 PM)Haste Wrote: So. Let it die. We have several PoBs for every player online at all times, the world won't end if we end up with fewer.

Simply increase the maintenance costs. I'm eager to see the first water monopol(y) corporation. Finally a reason for cargo piracy besides a monetary value and as result this implicite creates the need of a police force (yay, more activity need)

(07-16-2024, 02:48 PM)rwx Wrote:

Simply increase the maintenance costs. I'm eager to see the first water monopol(y) corporation. Finally a reason for cargo piracy besides a monetary value and as result this implicite creates the need of a police force (yay, more activity need)

Honestly, have you ever seen one player mining water? And forget about more activity. It is not 2010 anymore.