Discovery Gaming Community
[Concluded] Operation Strongarm: Militants + Allies Vs Navy + Allies - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: [Concluded] Operation Strongarm: Militants + Allies Vs Navy + Allies (/showthread.php?tid=203605)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: [Concluded] Operation Strongarm: Militants + Allies Vs Navy + Allies - Fab - 06-30-2024

Conclusion
BLUFOR victory

Result

The Militants failed on their objective of stealing the weapons from Detroit Munitions. Detroit's early warning allowed the Liberty Navy to mount an effective defense. The Q-ships proved unreliable at frontal assaults and were quickly overpowered by the Navy's warships.

Victory came at a cost for the Liberty Navy, with total casualties in the reinforcement wing and defense fighter wing.

Deathtoll

REDFOR
BLUFOR
HQ (Cruiser): PLF/Freedom.Shield @Fab HQ (Cruiser): 46th|TFA-LNX-Montpellier @"Yazov"
HQ (Cruiser): PLF/Testament @TraxitHQ (Cruiser): LNS-Brave @JadeTornado
HQ (Gunboat): A/)-ACV-Deneb @Alx21HQ (Gunboat): [LN]-NLAW @Haste
HQ (Any Snub): TFP)-Pyrgilauda/Niloticus @DeneloHQ (Any Snub): 5th|Alastair.Stedman @Alastair_S1D
HQ (Any Snub): TFP-Carmine @CattoHQ (Any Snub): Ageira~Alex.Lampton @Alex Lampton
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lanes (Gunboat): TFP)-HFGB-Hellflurry @Amy WestLanes (Gunboat): LGBC-Stratton @Wildkins
Lanes (Any Snub): Silver.Fox @AntonioLanes (Any Snub): [LN]-Jack.Boehm @"Max Morse"
Lanes (Any Snub): TFP)-Vendetta.1Lanes (Any Snub): 46|Alpha-5 @Chxlls
Lanes (Any Snub): TFP)-Locksmith @LocksmithLanes (Any Snub): LPD-SWAT-Sierra @Mort

Consequences

Without the weapons they desperately need and with several losses, the Militants are forced to scale down their resistance efforts on Erie. Their leadership is under significant pressure to reorganize and keep the troops' morale high.

RE: [Concluded] Operation Strongarm: Militants + Allies Vs Navy + Allies - Fab - 06-30-2024

feedback is also welcome, feel free to share.

RE: [Concluded] Operation Strongarm: Militants + Allies Vs Navy + Allies - JadeTornado - 06-30-2024

(06-30-2024, 07:59 PM)Yazov Wrote: Great event, good fights. Cheers for organising and to all the attendees.

Edit: Hope someone recorded?

RE: [Concluded] Operation Strongarm: Militants + Allies Vs Navy + Allies - JadeTornado - 06-30-2024

(06-30-2024, 08:14 PM)Fab Wrote: feedback is also welcome, feel free to share.

I'm happy

RE: [Concluded] Operation Strongarm: Militants + Allies Vs Navy + Allies - Haste - 06-30-2024

(06-30-2024, 08:14 PM)Fab Wrote: feedback is also welcome, feel free to share.

Some last-second reshuffling to put me on the Lane side and Wildkins on the Detroit Munitions side would've likely made things a little better, though from the looks of it the HQ fight just wasn't really meant to be. I think the fight on the lanes, even though I only saw the tail end, was a lot better.

As overall feedback, maybe play around with creating an interesting gameplay objective and slightly asymmetrical sides? Perform a raid on a Frigate or something but offset the defenders having that Frigate with some sort of extra ship on the attacking side. On the other hand it's often hard enough to create a fair event with symmetrical sides, so it might be a terrible idea.

RE: [Concluded] Operation Strongarm: Militants + Allies Vs Navy + Allies - Antonio - 06-30-2024

The lanes fight was a blast, kudos to all the participants. The most enjoyable 5.1 fight for me personally.

RE: [Concluded] Operation Strongarm: Militants + Allies Vs Navy + Allies - Arbs - 06-30-2024

Thanks for the event, I believe it was fun for everyone who participated.

As someone who has hosted events before the common pattern is people always joining in bigger numbers when it gets closer. So keeping things either open or simpler may allow you for more room to improvise and handle things.

Good luck on your next one.

RE: [Concluded] Operation Strongarm: Militants + Allies Vs Navy + Allies - Antonio - 06-30-2024

RE: [Concluded] Operation Strongarm: Militants + Allies Vs Navy + Allies - Fab - 07-01-2024

(06-30-2024, 08:30 PM)Haste Wrote: As overall feedback, maybe play around with creating an interesting gameplay objective and slightly asymmetrical sides? Perform a raid on a Frigate or something but offset the defenders having that Frigate with some sort of extra ship on the attacking side. On the other hand it's often hard enough to create a fair event with symmetrical sides, so it might be a terrible idea.

interestingly this was actually the first idea, but it was shelved because the TFP guys beat me to it, so I needed to scrap the original write up and come up with a new one.

I've got some interesting ideas I'd like to try on the next event.