Discovery Gaming Community
Final version of new rules - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Final version of new rules (/showthread.php?tid=2335)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Final version of new rules - McNeo - 02-06-2007

Another flame thread? take it to the PM box please!

Final version of new rules - Wobbly - 02-06-2007

' Wrote:I was one of the phantoms, and Nightfall said you docked and F1ed, read better!

He also said I "should be happy they didn't report you", obviously that means he had the impression from you phantoms I broke the rules, or there would be no reason to report me, right?

' Wrote:Onyx, armed with cruise disruptors came then you F1ed

As far as a third guy showing up with disrupter's, that never happened. Maybe he was on the way, maybe not, but obviously you are trying, like the F1 allegation, to imply something that isn't true.

As far as shieldrunning, it's no different that you guys afterburning out of gun range till your shield regened after launching nova's, right?

' Wrote:You wouldn't like me to call your mom names, would you?

If your man enough to do it to her face and get your ass handed to you, I don't mind.

As far as you being a pvp whore, it's simply a matter of definition. I was called one simply for being in a corsair dread with a freelancer tag, yet it was you who attacked me.

Hmmmm.

Final version of new rules - Igiss - 02-06-2007

Wobbly, your posting rights in all forums were removed for 7 days.
Congratulations.
I won't tolerate the flaming that's going on here. No way.

Final version of new rules - DBoy1612 - 02-06-2007

' Wrote:Wobbly, your posting rights in all forums were removed for 7 days.
Congratulations.
I won't tolerate the flaming that's going on here. No way.

BOW TO IGISS! No flaming for 7 days:D. Hey cmon Bow. I said get on your butt and bow. * Kicks Mcneo in the butt * Good boy:D

Final version of new rules - Kane - 02-07-2007

All right, time to lay down the law, as it were.

First off, Wobbly, stop sending me messages to do something about this "flaming." You called it down on yourself and I see no reason to tell other people to stop. If you read my siggy, you would have noticed that I am, in fact, the leader of the Phantoms; The ones you like to call "PvP whores" like President Bush calls people who don't agree with him terrorists.

And exactly who do you think you are? The Phantoms have been here for about two years now, and have been playing our part the whole time. Perhaps it's your lack of information about us, so allow me to illuminate some things you are missing.

The Phantoms were created in a time when we were the ONLY pirate faction. We have entire stories as to why we do what we do. If you would care to take a quick browse through the RP section of the forums, you will see a great number of events that the Phantoms have done. Quite a few of them rather recent, and not all involving actual in-server combat of any sort.

Ships: Phantoms are terrorists. Highly equipped and trained terrorists. What we can't purchase from our pirate brethren, we steal. If you argue about the Rhineland bomber, allow me to be the first to inform you that not long ago the Rhineland bomber was "Teh UBER ship." Didn't matter what kind of ship the other guy had, if the pilot with the RH bomber was even half decent, he would win. It was a necessity to have the RH bomber, and again within our power. Strangely enough, nobody else seemed to mind that we had them until you showed up.

Reps: Phantoms are friendly to all pirate factions. That's how it's always been. We come from all over, so our rep can be any pirate faction we want. Xeno tag and ID was used since the ID system was implemented, being the only true terrorist ID. With the Phantom ID, we could use whatever pirate faction we wanted as the tag. But, since that kindness seems to be going away, we'll have to stick to Xenos again. I'm not really for that, seeing as how Xenos would be one of the few pirate groups against us, but whatever.

Now, all that being said, perhaps you'll actually open your own damn eyes and stop screaming that the Phantoms are "PvP whores." You've made your opinions known, and you are allowed to have them. They're wrong, but you are allowed to have them. Keep poking us in the eyes with them, and I'll remove your privilege to free speech. Yes, that would be a privilege, not a right. This is not the USA, or any other country, this is the Disco forums. We live under the all-mighty Igiss and his enforcers the Moderators of which I have the distinct honor to be one of. Abuse your privilege of free speech, and it will be removed.

I would normally wait a bit and see what kind of half-assed reply you make to that, but Igiss seems to have removed your privilege of free speech already. Take the hint and either shut up or leave.

Final version of new rules - Wolfpack98 - 02-07-2007

Oh.. SMACKDOWN!

Kane, you are The Discovery Forum's new SmackDown! Champion!!!

*smirk*

Final version of new rules - Igiss - 02-07-2007

Wobbly is a debater, but unfortunately the debates in which he participated sinked to the level of flame war. When one thread with his... well, participation was over, he found another. I thought that posting rights removal would help him to quit this Phantom/Corsair Dred story. Seems that I was wrong. Not that I exactly want to ban him, there's no particular reason for ban, except he wants to be banned very much.

(and then appearing under a new name, saying that I'm a communist, Phantoms should be sent to Guantanamo, our whole community is nothing but a violation of 1st amendment, our servers need to be confiscated by FBI, etc)

Seriously,
Quote:Yes, that would be a privilege, not a right. This is not the USA, or any other country, this is the Disco forums. We live under the all-mighty Igiss and his enforcers the Moderators of which I have the distinct honor to be one of. Abuse your privilege of free speech, and it will be removed.
I'm not allmighty, and free speach is a right, but existence of the right does not give anyone right to abuse it, neither here nor in real life.

I've looked up "smackdown" word in dictionary, and the only word I've got there is "smack-dab".:)

Final version of new rules - onca - 02-07-2007

' Wrote:(and then appearing under a new name, saying that I'm a communist, Phantoms should be sent to Guantanamo, our whole community is nothing but a violation of 1st amendment, our servers need to be confiscated by FBI, etc)

It is painfully clear this moron has no idea about the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution. The 1st Amendment has everything to do with government censure of the media, religion, the right to rally, and free speech; i.e. the government isn't allowed to. It has nothing to do with forums and organisations run by private citizens; no matter how open to the public they are, they have every right to censure any person or opinion expressed they like. Go on Wobbly, look it up on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment, or go ask your teacher, before you start shooting your mouth off like an ignoramus.

Ok put it this way.... if you held an open meeting at your house, and someone came in and started blurting profanities at your sister, would it be a violation of that person's constitutional rights to tell to them stfu? Of course not; and guess what, it's no different on this privately run forum.

So, Wobbly, consider your constitutional rights unviolated when we all sing in unison, *STFU*.

o.

Final version of new rules - Igiss - 02-07-2007

Regardless of what Wobbly done, you've got no right to call people names. Onca, Obsidian, DBoy1612, you've been warned. Don't develope the flaming even further, Wobbly cannot reply to you now. Time to forget about it.

I wasn't serious mentioning 1st amendment, read it and know what's it about.

Final version of new rules - onca - 02-07-2007

Apologies Igiss....

(BTW I thought Wobbly made the rip about the 1st amend, hence my lesson)

Zipping up now :-*