Discovery Gaming Community
Buccaneers NPC faction - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Buccaneers NPC faction (/showthread.php?tid=25272)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Buccaneers NPC faction - Cosmos - 08-22-2009

So why the heck dont the Harvesters get their own NPC faction?

When we were really active we had over 7 people in a group every night.

So whats wrong with us getting Our own faction npcs?

Ah thats right, The admins dont like the harvesters, and its basically a yes i like you or a no i hate you situation.

this situation we're in right now is most likely going to be decided upon the fact:

how many admins/moderators are in the faction.
do they like the players in the faction?

If Yes its done.

this community sucks so much at times its unreal.

Buccaneers NPC faction - Altaris - 08-22-2009

' Wrote:So why the heck dont the Harvesters get their own NPC faction?

When we were really active we had over 7 people in a group every night.

So whats wrong with us getting Our own faction npcs?

Ah thats right, The admins dont like the harvesters, and its basically a yes i like you or a no i hate you situation.

this situation we're in right now is most likely going to be decided upon the fact:

how many admins/moderators are in the faction.
do they like the players in the faction?

If Yes its done.

this community sucks so much at times its unreal.

Question is: Have you asked for own iff/id?

Edit: and it isnt Admin decision. Community decides about this.

Buccaneers NPC faction - jammi - 08-22-2009

The Buccaneers don't have any admins, moderators or any other ranking person in the Disco hierarchy. Quit yer whining.

The reason the Harvesters don't get an NPC faction is that it's a niche RP. Only you could use it. The reason the Buccaneers could possibly get an NPC faction is that it would be thrown open to the masses as a free-for-all group.

The Buccaneers can work as a stand-alone group due to the fact they are the Bretonian underworld - they're the Rogues of Bretonia. The Harvester faction on the other hand, could only be used by the people in the official faction.

Plus we have good feedback almost across the board. This faction is no-where near as controversial as the Harvesters. The more controversial something is, the greater the slog will be before you get what you want. People will agree with what they want to hear, and object to the things they don't understand (possibly relevant to your posts Cosmos).

Buccaneers NPC faction - swift - 08-22-2009

Well Cosmos, the admins have very little to do with NPC factions, to my knowledge.
If one wants an NPC faction, or has almost any other mod related issue, they should speak to Igiss and see what he says about it, who else's support needs to be gathered, etc.

Buccaneers NPC faction - Cosmos - 08-22-2009

tell that to the admins the amount of times they said no to the harvesters official faction request.

jsut because they dont like us.

btw jammi, I am not whining.
I am proving a point, The bucs dont need an Npc faction.

Buccaneers NPC faction - Capt. Henry Morgan - 08-22-2009

' Wrote:Why should there be a need for Kusari/Rheinland to have a pirate faction? The Buccaneers fit perfectly into the style of Bretonia, as it is based on the British Empire during the colonial times. Rheinland is based on the German Empire during the World Wars and there was no such pirate faction, nor ever in the history of the German Empire... so: no need.
Never in the history of Germany? I think you forget Klaus Stortebeker. He was a very successful pirate in the late 1300's, until his capture in 1401. He made a deal with his executioner that any of his men he could walk past after his beheading would be pardoned. He managed to stumble past 11 of them before he fell over, tripped up by the executioner.

@NightHawk
If you want to design us a ship or two, we'd love to see them. Personally, I'd like to see a transport or two converted for pirate use, but that's up to you. Really, there's nothing wrong with our shiplist as is, but it doesn't hurt to at least see what you come up with.

@Cosmos
Are you sure your point isn't that "we couldn't get it, so neither should anybody else?" Otherwise, comparing Harvesters to Buccaneers is about as apples/oranges as you can get. If we do get an NPC faction, we don't want the ID/tag restricted to just members of the official faction. Is there any other reason you have that we shouldn't get NPC'd?

Buccaneers NPC faction - farmerman - 08-22-2009

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the last I knew, the Harvesters were going to get their own ID and their own ship, but because they lost their official status before that happened, things were changed otherwise?

Buccaneers NPC faction - jammi - 08-22-2009

And at this point, I don't want this thread to turn into a "why the Harvesters didn't get NPC'd" and "only factions that are full of Admins get NPC'd" argument. That's not the point of this thread. Cosmos, make another thread somewhere else to air your complaints - seeing as the basis of your argument is 'we didn't get it so you don't need one either', could you move along please?

Now, everyone else. Carry on with rational debate as to why the Buccaneers should or should not have a NPC faction/ ship line/ bases /system or whatever else it is that's being suggested.

Buccaneers NPC faction - Bjorn - 08-23-2009

' Wrote:Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the last I knew, the Harvesters were going to get their own ID and their own ship, but because they lost their official status before that happened, things were changed otherwise?

This is correct, so ID was changed to AI and so were the ships.

Argument isnt about "letting people play and join it" because then CR, Coalition, Phantoms and Keepers wouldnt have their npc factions, and some wouldnt have their npc pilots.

Argument is that Harvester RP was judged a bit nonstandard, but then there was general concensus that they will get ID. Then when Harvester players were called upon, 2 responded, and month after, when everything was ready, ships and ID were converted to AI since harvester inactivity and loosing of status.

Back to Bucs now.

Buccaneers are faction that bretonia is lacking a great deal. Bretonian pirates are mostly Molly revolutionaries and Gaian terrorists. None of them originally were pirates, and even more, disco players made them back into their idealistic ways. Now bretonia is lacking pure pirate faction, a part that is missing from Victorian era based ficitonal brittish empire. Privateers were added as part of it, now they lack buccaneers to be compleate.

If Bucs would get npc's I would like to see them around their base mostly, maybe lane hack or two in Leeds. Their system would be useless because bretonia seriously doesnt need new system, and on other hand its highly unlikely that Bucs would try to take base in middle of nowhere, far from lanes and prey.

Buccaneers NPC faction - El Nino - 08-23-2009

' Wrote:The Buccaneers can work as a stand-alone group due to the fact they are the Bretonian underworld - they're the Rogues of Bretonia. The Harvester faction on the other hand, could only be used by the people in the official faction.

NO!

Freelancer tag, Pirate ID serves Buccaneers so well it's bloody awesome. They are perfect for that tag/id, no need to introduce new tags for that... They don't have Buc stations, Buc shiplines, Buc systems, why would they need a tag?...

I love them the way they are... I even need to get my arse more active again and join them. However Buc| should not have a NPC faction, that kinda kills their freelancing general pirate attitude...