Discovery Gaming Community
~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: ~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ (/showthread.php?tid=2591)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - Aes_Sidhe - 10-05-2010

That was his third straight day spending evening in this quiet nice cafe... Not to busy last time that was perfect place for him...

Vincente don't really feel like talk to other people... His Mind was clouded... thoughts dark...

With ZDF gone.. Simon in hospital and Raphael busy like always..... He feel alone and lost...

Maybe I should send him a message... He probably thing that I'm gone for good - he whispered...

Damn right You should - Familiar voice from behind sounds really serious.

He turn around just to stare right in the face of his brother...

Simon !? - he couldn't believe his eyes - When How???...- thousands questions runs across his mind

Tree days ago..I was released. You know Med.Force.One is a fine place .. but i cant stand it anymore.

For love of God.. "S"... You look...... You look good...[/i] - Vincente look at his brother prosthetic arm - Damn... Docs people do great job...

For Love of Goddess "V".... for Love of Goddess - Simon voice was somehow dull...

Ooohh Please cut that crap "S".. Our Mother will never accept that whole Discordian crap - Vincente was irritated... - How You and "R" could fall for something like that??

Simon smile a little looking on his brother - How ignorant he is... - the flash of Vision pass his mind... ***She is somewhere there... She is waiting for You... You are the chosen one***

He look at the door and smile wider...
Talking about the witch...

.............................................................................................................................................................

Raphael walks on Streets of Gran Canaria Space Port calculating the last deliveries for Enclave. Something about his bank account doesn't looks right. He almost bump to another person when smell of cofee ans fresh baguette hit his nostrils.

That's right - He mumble under his nose... Sophie Cafe.. the best coffe and fresh pastry in whole Sirius - he chuckle and walk inside...

Place was almost empty like most bars and coffee shops and this time a day... He start walking ti the counter...

You don't gonna sit with us?? - voice if his brother hit him like a bullet. He turn around couldn't believe his ears.

You here??... Both of You?? What the hell?!.. Vince I was thinking that You are DEAD... and You S... can You send a fracking message that you was released?? - Anger, surprise but mixed with relief and happiness - that all emotions shows on Raphael face.
Few of regular customers looks at them with just to go back to their own business.

So.. you gonna stay and stare or you wanna sit down - Simon voice was calm and serious like always.

Raphael nods and sit next to his brothers... He looks closer at Simon noticing great job done by doctors on MED.Force.One. Simon arm looked almost like real one and artificial eye had almost life spark in it. Then he looks on Vincente face noticing his sadness and confusion...

Waitress took theirs orders and all tree brothers star quiet talk about last few of week of their live.

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - Aes_Sidhe - 10-17-2010

Vincente was sipping his cup of coffee wondering what to do with his free time... Last week he was visiting this place on daily basics... News of all recent conflicts was main subject of talks in this quiet usually Cafe.

Gran Canaria with mixed populations of Corsairs, Bretonians, some Bounty Hunters and Zoners remind him Boiling pot sometimes.
His Brothers left yesterday. He really was thinking about joining Simon with his lost quest for his imaginary ship but he wasn't that crazy... This whole discordian stuff was to much for him. Of course.. he believe in God... The Creator of Universe.. but not crazy Chaotic b****h ruling that World...
He smile to his own toughs and start reading one of holo-flyers laing on the bar.

Lady in White robes was handling scroll with her metallic arm and warm quite voice whisper from holo-flyer to him.

The probe eventually recounted its experiences to the crew and from the words of the machine to the ears of the crew spawned the First Virulian Enclave.
The crew went back to Malta brandishing the technology of their prophet (nanites and advanced schematics) and they begun gathering followers who flocked from systems wide. For years it grew into a powerful cult or Enclave; standing in stark contrast as a different belief within a very different people.

He get disturbed by really pretty young girl walking next to him but quickly came back ho holo-listening...

Only changed, although through a fault in the AI's main processor, its natural urge and necessity to evolve was altered slightly. It no longer felt it needed a human to advance itself and instead felt the need to upgrade its shell. Thus it started to gather materials and build bases to hold more resources for expansion of the vessel.

When the second probe came in contact with the Enclave, they took it as a sign that the Creator's return was close. They quickly sent survey vessels to its location and assisted the crew and the ship itself to rebuild itself appropriately. The crew and probe integrated shortly thereafter with the rest of the Enclave.

He read more and more with greater disbelieve... machines believe in God... Harmony and coexistence... thinks so different from what his brothers believe...

The waiters pass next to him.
Another cup of Coffee? - she asked
Yes Please - he answered and more and more intrigued he came back to Holo-flyer

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - Darkwing_Angel - 10-17-2010

Leannan walk slowly to "Sophies" looking closely around...

Store was almost full but not to loud... and she thanks Gods for that. After ast night party good strong coffee was exactly what she need.
Young man in near by lokk at her smle little and came back to his holo-flyer.

Hmm he is nice piece of cake... - she thought- maybe I should.....

Dont Even think about it...-warm voice behind her back break her growing Fantsasy.

She turn around and shout - Uncle Ron!!! What the hell you doing here!!! - She jump on His heck and give him a worm slow kiss in the cheek.

You Know that i should shoot You right now for what You did to me.- Her face change and eyes fill with ice.
You know that was necessary... Show me your Card... Yea perfect... that will do... - he start mumbling to himself.

Yes I know.. - she sighs - But don't You think that I'm old enough to choose with who i sleep?? - she start measuring young man again.

No if he is part of family - Ron chuckle

Get out of here - Leanann eyes get wider and wider - How.. who.. When...

Is not important. - Ron smile again -Where you flying now??

Ames... after that gona grab some soft to Shasta...

Good. when You be there i want You look for somebody and talk with him.. He can use your talents

Who that will be? - She ask with innocent look on her face.

Ron get closer to herr and whisper name in to her ear.

No cannot be... - she shock her head in disbelieve.

Unfortunately I'm afraid that is a time...- Ron voice was quiet and serious - but I know you can do it.. You was trained for that

He called waiter.

Her coffee is on me- he said go outside leaving Leannan with her thoughts

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - NoxNoctisEra - 10-30-2010

Shukura walks into the cafe her pack slung over her shoulder. her pace slow and tired from a full day of work. her clothes slightly covered in grease and a few metal shavings, despite her efforts to clean up a bit before leaving the shop. she yawns a bit as she sits down at the bar. the bar tender nods a greeting, finishes up with one customer and walks over to her.

long day, Shukura? he asks as he hands her a beer

you have no idea. she takes a swig thanks man..i'm seeing that damn engine in my sleep. she sighs and runs a hand over her face

well, maybe you need a break, you have been working on that thing for almost 2 weeks straight. he serves a few more customers.

i wish i could but the ship leaves in another week or so...im almost done anways. she winks at him

The bartender shakes his head at her with a small smile and goes back to his work. Shukura takes another swig and turns to scan the room. she nods to a few of her works customers. after watching the small crowd for a few minutes she turns back to the bar and pulls her computer out of her bag. she pulls up the local news site to catch up on what she missed the last few days. she scans through it and downs the last of her beer

whatcha lookin at, Shuk? the bartender asks her, using the pet name he gave her when she was younger.

not much, just catching up on some of the news she replies as she closes the laptop. quite a bit going on lately.

yeah, it has been strange the last few days if you pay attention to the local rumor pool he winks at her. keep yourself out of trouble, there have been some strange folk about, not my usual customers

dont i always? she smirks at him

he chuckle and flicks her with the towel and hands her another beer. i mean it, i dont want to hear something bad has happened to you....you gonna hang around for a bit after closing? ive got that piece you wanted.

Shukura smiles bout time it got here. no i cant stay, ive got to make sure my delivery of parts is at the shop before i head home for good tonight. ill be back about an hour before closing though. she takes a drink of her beer and sees his expression ill be careful, i promise

she winks at him and takes another drink. she puts her laptop back in her bag and takes a few minutes to finish her brew. tapping the bottom of the bottle on the bar, she tosses him a bit of money and waves as she walks out of Sophie's. the bartender watches her leave, a strange smile on his face. she's a fighter, that one. he thinks.

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - Glis - 11-26-2010

A man in a strange black/red uniform walks into Sophie's Cafe he is carrying a weapon on his back and a full head-helmet, he sees a young lady walk past him and head for the exit, he looks at her over his shoulder then shrugs and walks over to the bar sits down and sets his helmet on a seat next to him, he then calls for the bartender and says: "Give me something strong, I've been assigned a new, well assignment and I'm not even really sure what's it about, all I know is that it's gonna be very different then just sitting aboard the Overlords flagship and patrolling around hallways. The bartender nods and brings him some unknown Vodka and a glass. The soldier nods at him and puts a credit chip (250) on the table. The bartender however is curious as to who is this soldier working for so he asks: "Hey, who is this Overlord, who do you work for?" The soldier looks at the bartender, takes a sip of his Vodka and then answers with: "I work for..." Motions the bartender to come closer and he does so as well then he continues his sentence: "The Virulian Enclave, Military Division as you'd call it. I'm not really the one to tell you much about it, so I'll just enjoy my drink." The bartender is not so surprised as he had those people as customers before, but seems as he is. The soldier then tells the Bartender: "So anyway, my name is Josh, and i was wondering who was that girl that left not so long ago." The Bartender replies: "Well Josh, her name is Shukura she's one of them uhm, what do ya call them, well she fixes fighter crafts." Josh raises an eyebrow and says: "Engineers you mean? I am one of those myself." The Bartender replies: "Yeah, Engineers, I can't tell you anything else as i don't know much about her myself." Josh replies: "Right, well that's okay, except I'm interested in her, in a way." The Bartender chuckles and replies: "She ain't really easy to find and she isn't the most exciting person either." Josh drinks more of his Vodka and says: "Well, what you say might be true, but you did say you don't know much about her, either way, shes cute." The Bartender raises an eyebrow on Josh and says: "You know, since we're starting to "know" each other why don't I tell you my name, would make us feel like we're old buddies, call me Siggy" Josh nods and they continue their talks...

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - Midori - 11-28-2010

With her husband out doing his work, Midori took time to just get away. Dressed in a traditional kimono, she decided to visit Sophie's during her travels. She walked up to the bar, smiling as she always did, with a chrysanthemum in her hair. Norman stopped in mid-wipe of a clean glass, smiled, and greeted, "Well, Konnichiwa, Mrs. Holliday. It truly is good to see you. It's been too long."

"Konnichiwa," she smiled in return as she took a seat at the bar. Before she settled, Norman placed a glass of Gallic wine before her.
"I see you remember what I like. Arrigato," she replied.
Norman took time out to sit near her, "So how is Emiko?"
"Emiko is good," she said, "Grady is watching her so that I can have me time."
Norman just smiled. Even though he knew she was off limits, he still admired her and he did so.
"I'm glad you took time to visit," he said quietly, "nice to see someone else besides these roughnecks that like to visit. If you need anything else, I'll be down here."
"Hai," she replied, smiling.

As she sipped her wine, she just leaned forward, relaxing. With a sigh, she slowly enjoyed her wine. For the time, the atmosphere was pleasant.

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - Glis - 11-28-2010

Josh saw mid-age lady in a kimono walk in and sit in the bar, he looked away and got lost in his world, after a minute or two his communication unit rings and his AI requests him back at the ship he nods and then calls the bartender and says "If that girl Shukura comes back call me on the comm unit" the bartender nods and Josh walks out of the bar and heads for the launching pad, he looks above and sees his ship floating and his AI partner calling him, the ship lowers and the door opens Josh jumps inside and they lift off.

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - exlibrismortis - 11-28-2010

The day and the trip shared a similar characteristic this particular day. For they had been both long and hard. Many times had her advisors told her that the walk into town was an unecessary act, but for her devotion to the Creator, it was most required. For her, faith without deeds is worthless. The actions in which are performed most definitely speak louder than mere words.

It was a trip that Nashida Rheinheld made every other month. From the outlying station 13, she walked the 10 miles into the port. The enclaves port was new, and with the production of the colony being the highest, on the freighters of materials were allowed to land there. The pilgrims, and other personnel carriers were forced to land here. And here, was where the lost sheep were to be found.

The missionaries were already here, and doing their faithful work. Servants of the creator and human alike, they were already giving the word to any who would listen. Diligently they went forth, and would continue.

As Nashida finally made it into town, a few of the local Ledford met her and gave her food and drink. She took little water before going out herself and greeting the new comers to gran canaria.

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - NoxNoctisEra - 11-28-2010

Shukura checked her watch and headed to Sophie's. the place was just about empty as she entered. the bartender glanced up.

you're early. he started putting some glasses away. she leaned against the bar.

its not like its a bad thing, if i had been late you would be worrying. she said. he shook his head and walked over to her. a bothered expression on his face. she wonders at it.

something wrong? she asks

the soldier you passed on your way out, he asked about you... he pauses. her face drains of color a bit at this news. i didn't tell him anything other than your occupation...he's one of those new types thats been hanging around off and on. Viruliamin..virulian something... he drums his fingers on the bar.

there is more isnt there...whats the guys name? at least tell me that much, now that you've got me scared out of my skin she clentches her pant-leg under the bar, knuckles white with her grip.

yes, there is more..his name is josh...im supposed to call him if you return...what have you gotten yourself into, Shuk? worry creases his face

she tries to swallow in a dry throat nothing. you know me. i work, come here, go home. i keep my hours staggerd. i try to avoid predictable patterns other than my coming here and work.. her heart beats a frantic tattoo in her chest and her ears.

concern flicks across his face. he puts a hand on her shoulder in an attempt to reassure her but the worry stays in his eyes. coffee? she nods weakly. he hands her a steaming cup of imported coffee. she sips it pondering the scary situation that has mobbed her quiet life. the bartender takes care of the few remaining customers, glancing to her every so often. he heads to the back and comes back with a small package and sets it before her. the last piece you wanted.

she looks up at him. thanks she tucks the small piece in her pocket. she grabs his arm him as he starts to the other side of of the bar. what are you gonna do...about the soldier..?

he looks down at her hand and then up to her face i..i dont know Shuk. she pulls her hand back visibly trembling. she stares at her coffee. he sighs stay till we close, ill walk you home tonight, Shukura

~Sophie's Canaria Cafe~ - exlibrismortis - 11-28-2010

Nashied had spent a good amount of time outside and amongst the every busy crowd. The influence of the Virulians has grown quite considerably over the short time here. With the constant flow of pilgrims and converts, their number had swelled to nearl 15 million strong. After making the rounds, there was one more place for her to stop before she headed back to the colony.

She made her way across the square and towards Sophie's Bar. It had been a place of special interest for her. She had net many people here, and every time she went, there was something new and uplifting for her. Finally reaching the door she walked in, still dressed in her ecclesiastical robes. She smiled at the bartender, whom had known her for quite sometime, and a few Virulians within the bar itself bowed as she entered. Slowly raising her hand to set them at ease, she saw the beautiful wife of the esteemed Doc Holliday and greeted her personally before finally making her way to the bar to order a small drink.