Discovery Gaming Community
Fraps Library - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Fraps Library (/showthread.php?tid=29857)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Fraps Library - Connor - 09-20-2014

Today's Magellan fight! The humming noise in the back ground is my laptop fan (Using a laptop mic). This time you can here me aha.

~RNS-Tonnant

RE: Fraps Library - Titan* - 09-20-2014

(09-20-2014, 09:14 PM)Snoopy Wrote:

Today's Magellan fight! The humming noise in the back ground is my laptop fan (Using a laptop mic). This time you can here me aha.

~RNS-Tonnant

Nice to hear, everyone say "Bump the redemption"

RE: Fraps Library - Jack - 09-20-2014

One more video, by ART_GR
Video have some grammar mistakes at text

RE: Fraps Library - Mímir - 09-21-2014

(09-20-2014, 09:54 PM)xhunterx Wrote: Nice to hear, everyone say "Bump the redemption"

Ye these videos really reveal the level of class. People giggling like little school girls when ganking snubs in their silly caps, shouting to flip the redemption and abuse mechanics (which used to be a rules violation) as if their massive advantage in numbers wasn't enough.

tl;dr: gallic capwhores kinda suck.

RE: Fraps Library - An'shur - 09-21-2014

(09-21-2014, 06:57 AM)Mímir Wrote: ganking snubs in their silly caps, shouting to flip the redemption and abuse mechanics.

At the end I was attempting to run. First 4 Gauls came to me. I was running to Mactan, then 6, then 8, then I stopped counting... Battleship blocked Mactan's docking point and rest feed my butt with fire. I attempted to find the quick dock, but as expected.. boom! I can't remember if something like this happened to me in Texas *coughs* Also, is Pedro Alvarez really so funny name? (1:35)

Mechanics... When hitting asteroid with snub, you will get totally turned around. When with cap, you will get only bumped a little. Is it possible to remove cap fliping completely? Like in the Freeworlds: Tides of War mod?

RE: Fraps Library - Wildkins - 09-21-2014

(09-21-2014, 06:57 AM)Mímir Wrote:
(09-20-2014, 09:54 PM)xhunterx Wrote: Nice to hear, everyone say "Bump the redemption"

Ye these videos really reveal the level of class. People giggling like little school girls when ganking snubs in their silly caps, shouting to flip the redemption and abuse mechanics (which used to be a rules violation) as if their massive advantage in numbers wasn't enough.

tl;dr: gallic capwhores kinda suck.

Uh, except everyone (save Snoopy and one other) in that video (that was in TS, anyway) were flying Lynxes, plus a Perilous. I also can't quite recall exactly where we "ganked snubs" in caps, except maybe at the end, but that was just the finale of a fight in progress. We didn't actually tell the valor to block the docking port, he just did it of his own accord. Additionally, the LN/BAF weren't actually at a disadvantage in numbers until about 1/4 to 1/2 of their force just left when we showed up.

(09-21-2014, 07:12 AM)Anshur Wrote:
(09-21-2014, 06:57 AM)Mímir Wrote: ganking snubs in their silly caps, shouting to flip the redemption and abuse mechanics.

At the end I was attempting to run. First 4 Gauls came to me. I was running to Mactan, then 6, then 8, then I stopped counting... Battleship blocked Mactan's docking point and rest feed my butt with fire. I attempted to find the quick dock, but as expected.. boom! I can't remember if something like this happened to me in Texas *coughs* Also, is Pedro Alvarez really so funny name? (1:35)

You just happened to be one of the last ones alive, so the GRN went after you as you were trying to run. *shrug*

I'm not saying snoopy did anything, I don't know or care who's who.

I am just saying that in this video, someone is clearly saying to flip the Redemption. That's undeniably poor form.

Also being in that fight and waiting for an hour while Liberty was trying to build a fleet, I can without a shred of doubt tell you that the forces never were even at any point, not that it really matters. It is a surprise however that you can somehow think that they were.

In the previous video, the caps were targetting the snubs while people were all giggly. That leaves a certain impression.

RE: Fraps Library - Wildkins - 09-21-2014

(09-21-2014, 07:42 AM)Mímir Wrote: I'm not saying snoopy did anything, I don't know or care who's who.

I am just saying that in this video, someone is clearly saying to flip the Redemption. That's undeniably poor form.

In the previous video, the caps were targetting the snubs while people were all giggly. That leaves a certain impression.

I guess then I must apologize for not understanding your comments. And yes, people were trying to flip the redemption in some bold valiant effort to save Snoopy. Not that it really worked, mind, because the server was in the process of spontaneously combusting, but hey.

And yes, I guess people were having fun. I can't comment on that fight because I wasn't there, but caps usually don't do anything to snubs, unless they're solaris fit and even then you can just thrust away from them. Now, if we're talking gunboats, that's another thing...*shrug*

Yeah well, the dynamics of Disco has always been that "the winning side" gets a lot of nub +1'ers joining, which ultimately leads to the end result that no one can be bothered fighting against "the winning side". That dynamic was previously enforced by skype, and now by TS.

If you are smart and have fun with this, it would be a good idea to think of ways to ensure that it is a fun fight for all. I like that Gallics "play hard", but you have to understand that you'll need to fight an equally organized fleet for that type of fighting to be fun and challenging.

The "flipping" is not cool by any measure though - that behavior used to warrant sanctions.

Personally I had fun though, going out spartan style with one wingman against a GRN fighter squadron; but I won't be logging for GRN pews again because there is simply no point - and I know a lot of people that are wiser than me came to that conclusion a long time ago.

EDIT: I'm not mad or bitter or anything along those lines, I'm just trying to give you grn guys some advice if you want to keep the front going and have some great battles - at least don't post videos (with TS audio!) that make it so painfully obvious Smile

RE: Fraps Library - Rodent - 09-21-2014

(09-20-2014, 10:54 PM)Jack Wrote: One more video, by ART_GR
Video have some grammar mistakes at text

That forward gun. Approve.