Discovery Gaming Community
Bounties - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Bounties (/showthread.php?tid=39830)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Bounties - Agmen of Eladesor - 05-14-2010

' Wrote:Hang on, that sentence doesn't make sense. If you have a bounty on you, you have a bounty on you, no matter where you are.

Actually, no, not at all.

For example, Corsairs do not (unless something has changed lately) have any bounties on them in Rheinland. Are the Bretonians going to pay off if you go after a Corsair there that's just minding his business? Nope - so there's no money in it, so why do it?

Now the named bounties - Phate, for example - he's collectable anywhere.

But any suggestion I see to eliminate blanket bounties is simply another way of pirates saying we want to be able to act without restraint, when you really simplify things.

Zeltak, you're missing the point, though, which Athenian has made in the past. Sure, the whole point of the bounty board for mercs or hunters is to make money and spread things around. But what about someone who comes into the game fresh, without actually knowing about the forums and the bounty board? He makes a merc or bounty hunter character, heads into Bretonia, sees an Outcast. Now, from playing vanilla, he knows Outcasts are normally bad guys and unlawfuls, so he goes after that guy because THE NPC'S WITH HIS ID would go after that guy. The Outcast player wasn't breaking Bretonian law, he files a sanction report, and based on the precedence and as was stated by the Admin team of old, the hunter or merc would suddenly find himself sanctioned for PvP abuse.

Quote:This is a one time warning to all of you Bounty Hunters, Mercs, Freelancers, and any others after the
easy cash.
If you take a bounty that is not posted on the forums, you are open to a PvP abuse sanction, with no
comebacks. That is it, if it not posted, it does not exist ...
We will not be checking with anyone else to see if there has been a bounty put up, as of course, that
is open to abuse as well.

So the point being - why should someone coming into Discovery suddenly find himself so at odds with how vanilla Freelancer went when it comes to Bounty Hunting and mercenary work?

Bounties - Zeltak - 05-14-2010

So you base your whole argument on new players who have not a single clue about the rules regarding Bounty Hunting and use it as a way to justify the need to allow Bounty Hunters to randomly attack Pirates in order to aid lawfuls?

You want me to make an argument of similar nature? I'm sure I can construct one to justify Corsair Guns on an Outcast char.

Bounties - Dennis Jameson - 05-14-2010

' Wrote:I'm sure I can construct one to justify Corsair Guns on an Outcast char.

That joke went out of style months ago.

Now for my two cents: The merc ID allows for some wicked powergaming so long as you have the circle jerk connections required to pull it off. All lawful tech ought to be red to mercs because they're supposed to be more unlawful than they are lawful.

I believe t'was the Reavers who got two Rheinland bombers, and they're now working for the Corsairs. 'Tis a bit counter-productive to the Rheinlanders, wouldn't you say?

' Wrote:That joke went out of style months ago.

Now for my two cents: The merc ID allows for some wicked powergaming so long as you have the circle jerk connections required to pull it off. All lawful tech ought to be red to mercs because they're supposed to be more unlawful than they are lawful.

I believe t'was the Reavers who got two Rheinland bombers, and they're now working for the Corsairs. 'Tis a bit counter-productive to the Rheinlanders, wouldn't you say?

First of all Dennis, I apologize if you thought this was directed towards Vilkas 101st Character (the same story I participated in if you remember) because it was not intended as to make fun of that. The Corsair/Outcast comment was merely an example to demonstrate what I meant by justifying stuff based on players not knowing the rules.

Now this is not "let's complain at the Reavers thread". However, I can counter that statement of yours. First of all, in-game, regarding Rheinland - what we are doing is attacking Rheinland unlawfuls. And only them regarding Rheinland space as of now. Both whom are the enemies of the Corsairs and the Rheinland Military. So it benefits both parties, and besides that, the Corsairs and the Rheinland Military has no frickin' clue in RP that we are working for both of them. But even if they would know, they wouldn't care simply because they would know that the Reavers wouldn't attack either of them. So why would they even care?

Calling this out as Power-Gaming is rather lame in my opinion, I see it as a very smart idea if anything. You take two opposite Factions, find out that they have a common enemy, then you start attacking that enemy and finally get payed from two parties. What the hell is wrong with that?

Because the Outcasts are working against the Corsairs, as are RHA, and by killing them you are actually making the Corsairs stronger all while using Rheinland tech?

[Image: jervistetchthemadhatter.jpg]

Now who's mad as a hatter?

Bounties - Virus - 05-14-2010

' Wrote:That joke went out of style months ago.

No, we're working for the Rheinlanders. Daumann, Rheinland Military, RepEx. We've slaughtered Hessians, Outcasts, Unioners, LWB, etc.

We're a ragtag group compiling what ships we can. So we have two Rheinland bombers now.

And we're not unlawful more than lawful. We're grey. Grey. Grey.

Some Mercs might work only for lawfuls. Some might work only for unlawfuls. We're grey.

So you're gray^3? Damn, it must've cost a bundle to commission that colour for your ships.

' Wrote:Because the Outcasts are working against the Corsairs, as are RHA, and by killing them you are actually making the Corsairs stronger all while using Rheinland tech?

[Image: jervistetchthemadhatter.jpg]

Now who's mad as a hatter?

Yep, and your point is?

That Rheinland wouldn't be that stupid, which means that it's not exactly high-rp for them to aid in their own destruction. It's even going to be more obvious if you get those shining Corsair goodies you're yearning to get your hands on...

But I guess it doesn't matter so long as you're willing to turn a blind eye to what is proper and what is not... like say destroying someone inside a hostile guard system while being neutral to the NPCs...

' Wrote:That Rheinland wouldn't be that stupid, which means that it's not exactly high-rp for them to aid in their own destruction. It's even going to be more obvious if you get those shining Corsair goodies you're yearning to get your hands on...

But I guess it doesn't matter so long as you're willing to turn a blind eye to what is proper and what is not... like say destroying someone inside a hostile guard system while being neutral to the NPCs...

Why do I even bother posting when all I receive is a desperate attempt to construct an argument by bringing up shi* that is irrelevant.

They are not aiding themselves in their own destruction if all we do is attacking unlawful operators in Rheinland. There is nothing more to it.

Now I'mma go and kill some more people.