Discovery Gaming Community
I know that this was already mentioned but.. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: I know that this was already mentioned but.. (/showthread.php?tid=52587)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

I know that this was already mentioned but.. - [Cerberus] Illusive Man - 01-04-2011

' Wrote:What happens if the BS gets destroyed before the bombers undock.
Are all the players that were docked on this ship banned for 4 hours,
if so how do you tell what ships were docked on the BS.

Well, that would be awesome.

Think about the RP;

The ship (static) is dam (static), abbandon ship! I repeat all decks, head to the nearest escape pods!

I know that this was already mentioned but.. - Valinor - 01-04-2011

' Wrote:What happens if the BS gets destroyed before the bombers undock.
Are all the players that were docked on this ship banned for 4 hours,
if so how do you tell what ships were docked on the BS.

Well, If the bs get destroyed with fighters/bombers inside, it seems reasonable to think that they will destroyed too.

If you think it's not fair, then you should also think that a battleship/carrier require enough time to die to let you undock and run for your life.

I know that this was already mentioned but.. - JW.corsair - 01-04-2011

' Wrote:Well, If the bs get destroyed with fighters/bombers inside, it seems reasonable to think that they will destroyed too.

If you think it's not fair, then you should also think that a battleship/carrier require enough time to die to let you undock and run for your life.

If a cap dies with a fighter on board, the fighter is then dead too unless he launches in time.
I agree with this statement. Example: in WWII how many plane on a carrier were lost because the carrier was sunk?
I think it is a mute point. In battle, if you are on a cap ship get off before the cap gets destroyed simple.
If the cap get vaporized and you were on it , your ship would be vaporized also.

I would love to see ships docking on caps be it has been a no go since I have been on the server.

I know that this was already mentioned but.. - Eppy - 01-04-2011

Well, it can certainly be done.

Here's your concept. Look at your concept. Now, look at this giant wad of planning and the three pages of concept-related issues you just came up with. Look back at your concept. Now, look at this huge crapload of work for the developers. Now, back to your concept. Now, look at the additional two pages of rules Igiss is preparing. Back to your concept. Now, look at our single-core server program and our regular player load as opposed to our player limit. Back to your concept. Now, look at 4.86. Don't see it? That's because it isn't out yet. Now, look at your concept. Let's come back four months later. Look at 4.86 again. Still don't see it?

[Image: old-spice-man.jpg]

I'm on a horse.

I know that this was already mentioned but.. - Guest - 01-04-2011

' Wrote:Well, it can certainly be done.

Here's your concept. Look at your concept. Now, look at this giant wad of planning and the three pages of concept-related issues you just came up with. Look back at your concept. Now, look at this huge crapload of work for the developers. Now, back to your concept. Now, look at the additional two pages of rules Igiss is preparing. Back to your concept. Now, look at our single-core server program and our regular player load as opposed to our player limit. Back to your concept. Now, look at 4.86. Don't see it? That's because it isn't out yet. Now, look at your concept. Let's come back four months later. Look at 4.86 again. Still don't see it?

[Image: old-spice-man.jpg]

I'm on a horse.

You win.

I know that this was already mentioned but.. - Hone - 01-05-2011

Heres an idea; The amount of ships that can dock on the cap is limited by the amount of free cargo space the cap has, and how much total cargo space the docker has.

E.G> When a ship docks, the value of its total cargo hold is added to the amount of cargo the cap is carrying, when the caps cargo is full, no more ships can dock - fairly obvious really.

This would also prevent the "fill up with transports, and do trading for them"

Of course, it may need to be double or triple the size of the ships cargo hold deducted from the caps cargo space, whatever balances.

I know that this was already mentioned but.. - Bobthemanofsteel - 01-05-2011

I don't actually care about player docking.... Really at all, so I voted no just to bug you.

I know that this was already mentioned but.. - [Cerberus] Illusive Man - 01-05-2011

' Wrote:I don't actually care about player docking.... Really at all, so I voted no just to bug you.

Screw you!

The most used word in Pennsylvania Wrote:noob!

I know that this was already mentioned but.. - lw'nafh - 01-05-2011

Already gone over it, answer -was- no, answer will -be- no.

I know that this was already mentioned but.. - arvg - 01-05-2011

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but why not create a base model that is 1x1 pixel, put it 650X650k off the plane... or make the base look like an asteroid that you can't dock on?