Discovery Gaming Community
BNG - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: BNG (/showthread.php?tid=57572)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

BNG - toon122 - 03-30-2011

' Wrote:IRPLY they only have Dabadoru and FP11 (not for long) to rest at and I doubt the BHG like them snoopin around, I still dont think Drednaughts should be in Delta...

Yes, the dreads might be a tad overdone. I am looking forward to the progression of the BNG, because something is going to happen one day that will overcome the gankings of Minor.

Be it an Order ganksquad or some kind of weird alliance against the BNG.

BNG - DodgeOld24 - 03-30-2011

In our original roleplay backstory, we're actually based from Omicron Lost, but until we get a Liberty Carrier that can fulfill the role as our base (along with two repair ships as utility and ammo ships), we will continue to MAINLY use Prison Station Fairbanks in Alaska and Grise Fjord Shipyard in Ellesmere as our forward bases of operations. We only rarely use the Freeport and Dabadoru in Omicron Delta as places to dock. These rare events would be retreats from Minor when we can't safely get to Alaska.

Of course knowing all this wouldn't be possible to know without any of us telling you or reading up our RP story, which is currently being worked on to be posted on the forums by me and Zahas.

BNG - toon122 - 03-30-2011

Thanks for the info. We don't know it in RP, of course.

But it is good to know so that we, especially me, can put you into perspective a bit more.

BNG - Prysin - 03-30-2011

*is off to make a loldurr bomber*

BNG - AshHill07 - 03-30-2011

Well this has certainly removed some of my confusion. All I knew about the BNG was that they were Navy. And the fact I once had some Order ships Private messaging me shouting "GET YOUR DAM BUDDIES OUT OF MINOR!". At which point a scrolled down the player list to LNS and saw nothing ... so responded rather confused saying that none of me 'Buddies' were even out that far. Now I know what they were moaning about.

BNG - VoluptaBox - 03-30-2011

I'm not saying just because the Orders (indies, intended) gank people costantly the BNG have the right to gank back. However I wouldn't complain about this, when you are not better...at all. In fact, you are even worse. (you isn't pointed at anyone in particular, just saying).

Just a little episode. We once went to Minor in our MM~ ships. 3 snubs. What did they throw at us? Some 3-4 ossiris'. 3 gebs, some 10 hathors and 1 fighter. 'nuff said.

BNG - MB52 - 03-30-2011

I think the BNG would have much better chance to be understood/respected if a little more RP would happen before an engagement.

This of course will require restraint on both sides, but, if we don't stop ganking on either side, it will keep happening and will form a never ending circle. One which will end when the Admins finally get fed up and ban LN dreads from Delta/Minor etc. Just as they tried the same with Order caps.

So, thinking longterm, you guys need to make those dreads/carriers much rarer. Having the same fleet show up 1-2 times per day is only going to draw more attention to your group and may cause an admin step in much sooner.

Just saying....

EDIT- as to the screenshots posted earlier... I'm not seeing any major ganking going on. I'm actually impressed to see that many fighters and bombers, and even less caps attacking.

As for the capship spam in the Order? yeah its there... you can't deny that. I've tried to keep my use on my LABC down a bit. Instead focusing a bit more on flying a fighter or bomber.

Problem is, we are never attacked by fighters. So my fighter is mostly useless. And its hard to RP on a fighter when a Battleship can kill you in very few shots.

BNG - SeaFalcon - 03-30-2011

' Wrote:I think the BNG would have much better chance to be understood/respected if a little more RP would happen before an engagement.

This of course will require restraint on both sides, but, if we don't stop ganking on either side, it will keep happening and will form a never ending circle. One which will end when the Admins finally get fed up and ban LN dreads from Delta/Minor etc. Just as they tried the same with Order caps.

So, thinking longterm, you guys need to make those dreads/carriers much rarer. Having the same fleet show up 1-2 times per day is only going to draw more attention to your group and may cause an admin step in much sooner.

Just saying....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuU_PSa0D-I...nel_video_title
I'll post my random encounter here again.

Yeah this is one of the reason why the BNG is acting the way they are,
I don't blame 'em to bad actually, however sometimes the way they do it is a bit under a 'cool' level.

BNG - MB52 - 03-30-2011

You'll have to say in words what is in that video, because I can't open that.

BNG - SeaFalcon - 03-30-2011

' Wrote:You'll have to say in words what is in that video, because I can't open that.
basically,
4 ossies and a VHF shooting my GB in delta
while a Order| is screaming at 'em to stop fire.
And the ossie players don't get it except for 1.
I got out np

Encounters like those made the BNG do the same,
Not really my way of paying back though.