Discovery Gaming Community
Server testing #13 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Server testing #13 (/showthread.php?tid=58602)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Server testing #13 - Hielor - 04-19-2011

' Wrote:Can't you just increase the replenish rate? That would not need a cap bump.
I'd agree with this one. It shouldn't ever be the case that a new player heads to the helium field and it's depleted. That's not really fair for people who just happen to log on at the wrong times.

Server testing #13 - Jack-Freeway - 04-19-2011

Yes you can mine,no you do not get a bonus with a non junker ship. Same go's for Pirate trans,and train,and any other non junker ship. Want big bonus,and big cargo for scrap? You need a Salvager. Pretty sismple. I tested many many many...did i say many non junker ships. None get a bonus but the true junker craft. And IMO thats how it should be. I blow up Hegimons i see in Junker space mining scrap.(non junker char of course hehe).
[/quote]
Thanks now i know why i dont get scrap with junker id and iff and hegemon
Next junker char will be an miner with salvager

Server testing #13 - AeternusDoleo - 04-19-2011

I concur the replenish rate is a bit on the low side - will see about bumping that a bit. Especially for Penny.

Server testing #13 - VoluptaBox - 04-19-2011

' Wrote:There are 3 copper fields in O7: The field with the explosive gas (large circle south of Freistadt), the small field near Briesen, and the middle of the three smaller mining zones north of Freistadt. If you were in the field with the explosive gas, that one is low yield.

True, but even the low yields one's yields were way too low. And now with everyone wanting to mine copper, slow replenish rate and just 3 good fields (the above mentioned ones, and I think there is one in Munich), that could turn into a problem.

Server testing #13 - RmJ - 04-19-2011

Tried 8 million times to go and mine helium each million attempts failed. Replenish rate? No.... racist rocks that have workers unions now.

Server testing #13 - Cannon - 04-19-2011

I've fiddled with the recharge rate. It might have been a bit low. Try again.

Also, are you sure the helium was not going into your hold?

Server testing #13 - Prysin - 04-19-2011

cannon, please bring back ore clouds, please... the new "straight in your hold" thing is so confusing... and sometimes pirates sneak up on you while you take a look at the cargo....

Server testing #13 - Cannon - 04-19-2011

Can't sorry. Ore clouds cause lag and have definitely been known to crash the server. They won't be coming back.

If it helps you feel better I was in Penn shooting rocks and wondering why no ore was dropped..until I remembered to check my cargo hold.

Server testing #13 - Prysin - 04-19-2011

yeh well, you werent the one caught by 12 npcs and getting raped becuz you had to check if you had cargo just to realise you died and lost a hold full of ore....

edit: make everytime you actually GET a ore make a "pling" sound?

Server testing #13 - Hielor - 04-19-2011

' Wrote:yeh well, you werent the one caught by 12 npcs and getting raped becuz you had to check if you had cargo just to realise you died and lost a hold full of ore....
edit: make everytime you actually GET a ore make a "pling" sound?
It doesn't take that long to press "F7" and look at the hold. Before you start mining, press F7 and change it to the cargo hold view, so while you're mining all you have to do is press F7 once to open the cargo hold and F7 again to close it.

It also doesn't cover the radar screen when you're looking at your cargo, so you should still be perfectly able to see pirates coming.