Discovery Gaming Community
Children of Anarchy - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Children of Anarchy (/showthread.php?tid=58638)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Children of Anarchy - Blodo - 04-19-2011

' Wrote:I've seen countless Brigand and non-Brigand players state that they don't like the way the LE operate the Brigands, and only the LE players seem to actually approve of the LE role in the Brigands.

This is why we exist, because we believe that we can do a better job of being a Brigand faction.

Or, we have our say in things, and the LE change their ways to fit more with how people want the Brigands to be.
The validity of your cause notwithstanding, you do understand that a reason like this simply will quite likely not be allowed to fly, right? You saying what I quoted merely confirms that this faction has been created for oorp rather than rp reasons (as in, "we don't like how they rp, so we will ruin it for them"). While I don't really hold sympathies for either side here, creating a player faction merely for the purpose of destroying another player faction is the wrong way to go about the whole thing, and is going to see you being shut down by the admins in give or take a few days or weeks as soon as sanctionlancer commences.

Children of Anarchy - Osilon - 04-19-2011

Written all over the status, hmm? Well, why don't you give me some quotes to say so? Or something more substantial than your word + a couple thousand on your postcount? There is a difference between being fascist dicatators and being stronger than you.

Children of Anarchy - Akura - 04-19-2011

' Wrote:The validity of your cause notwithstanding, you do understand that a reason like this simply will not fly, right? You saying this merely confirms that this faction has been created for oorp rather than rp reasons (we don't like how they rp, so we will ruin it for them). While I don't really hold sympathies for either side here, this is the wrong way to go about it and is going to see you being shut down by the admins in give or take a few days or weeks as soon as sanctionlancer commences.

We think we'll make a better Brigand faction, what's so wrong with challenging their seat as official?

I have nothing against the LE as people, I'm sure they're great company, it's their RP I have a problem with.

Children of Anarchy - TheOrangeButterfly - 04-19-2011

Blodo, I don't think the admins can just sanction people because people disagree about a faction's RP. Seems inappropriate.

' Wrote:Written all over the status, hmm? Well, why don't you give me some quotes to say so? Or something more substantial than your word + a couple thousand on your postcount? There is a difference between being fascist dicatators and being stronger than you.

From your faction status:

Quote:Brigand Lord
The leader of all Brigands, every Legionnaire and other Brigand has to answer to the Lord's call. Failure to do so may have bad consequences. The current Lord of all Brigands is the well-known, feared Enzo du Sable, one of the most dangerous men of Gallia, former Royalist who has betrayed or was betrayed by the Royal Navy, which is still unclear up to this date. He is also known to be the commander of the Grande Guillotine, the Valor-class flagship of the Legion.

This makes him no better than the King, whom the Brigands don't like.

This completely destorys the Council of Elders lore and makes the LE nothing more than a Military Dictatorship.

Quote:Underlord
Powerful and influencial Brigands, each of them owns a base and a small "army" of their own. They also have to answer to the Lord's call. Known Underlords are the terrible and probably most hunted "man" in Gallia, Vulpe Felanis, Underlord of Valence. The other one is a mysterious woman, Christine Armand, Underlord of Epernay.

Again, controlling armies? Sounds an awful lot like a Military Force, and with the LE controlling the Brigands, there are those who won't take such leadership lying down.

Children of Anarchy - Death.RunningVerminator - 04-19-2011

This will get worse before it gets better.

Children of Anarchy - Blodo - 04-19-2011

It's not as much challenging their seat that is wrong, it's the way you go about it. The current faction status posted here basically screams at everyone that the purpose of this faction is to depose the LE, and... nothing else. This is exactly the reason why I wouldn't give you official status either, because this faction has been created not for the goal of RP but for the goal of ruining another player faction. I think all the people who read the faction status can get that vibe pretty clearly. And while your intentions will be clear now no matter what you do, the least that could happen is at least trying to make this look like a wholly RP matter instead of "we are going to ruin this, and there is nothing you can do"...

Quote:Blodo, I don't think the admins can just sanction people because people disagree about a faction's RP. Seems inappropriate.
For one thing, they can if said disagreement turns into a disruption of server gameplay. This is a fairly legitimate concern, for I foresee many, many crocodile tears and sour grapes on the horizon materialising in the form of hundreds of malicious sanction reports. So, yes they very much can and they will, popularity contest notwithstanding. Their timing will probably be a bit off, but eventually...

Children of Anarchy - Linkus - 04-19-2011

What the man shaped like a large bomb said.
Good intentions, apparantly, but bad method.

Gonna add the bit about how we're interested about expanding into Sirius and making nice with the unlawfuls there.

That's our goal beyond removing the LE from ultimate power.

Children of Anarchy - Daedric - 04-19-2011

Demanding the official faction give you access to official faction rights because you disagree with their RP is pretty idiotic. Especially for a group with no weight.

I clearly see the Legion here saying that if you want the Council of Elders to be formed, find other people to participate in the role play besides just you and them. I then see you claiming they dissolved it when they've made no action to dissolve a body that hasn't existed.

I have to agree with Blodo, you didn't make this faction to role play. You made it for ooRP reasons. If it was for RP reasons, you'd take the Legion up on their offer to create the Council and go from there. Instead you are demanding they give you access to official faction rights to a faction that hasn't earned those rights.

So, you gunna take them up on their offer?