Discovery Gaming Community
Remaining two sleeper ships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Remaining two sleeper ships (/showthread.php?tid=62199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Remaining two sleeper ships - Knjaz - 06-28-2011

' Wrote:I don't think so, when American continent was discovered there was a baby boom, colonists often grow rapidly because they have to grow to become independent, in the other hand coalition was real nice and cozy on earth (if it was not destroyed) and they had no reason to move out, and don't forget that they do not have jumpgate technology, they would have to travel for years to reach their closest colony.

THey would just invent that technology themselves, like Gallia did.

I'd love to see House of Romanov from oooold Evolutions mod, but no way this is going to happen.

Remaining two sleeper ships - Tomtomrawr - 06-28-2011

' Wrote:in the other hand coalition was real nice and cozy on earth (if it was not destroyed) and they had no reason to move out
The Coalition would've seen the escape of the Alliance Sleeper Ships as a direct threat to their survival. The bourgeois fleeing their clutches to amass an army to return and conquer them. So the Coalition would've continued to expand, because it's in human nature to conquer as much territory as possible. They could've moved as fast as the Sleeper Ships, as they would've captured the technology upon reaching the moon from which they were launched.

Anyway, about the idea, it's a no from me. There are already too many systems with not enough people. Gallia was a mistake, but this would be the death knell.

Remaining two sleeper ships - Not Espi - 06-28-2011

' Wrote:And as for OC/Sairs, I agree both have a bit of both, but I think most sairs were italians, and most OCs were spanish - pretorian, imperator, legate ect. Not that it matters now, as everyone (except gallia) speaks english.

other way around, actually. and sol being supernova'd is discovery canon.

Remaining two sleeper ships - Cap.Kennedy - 06-28-2011

' Wrote:The Coalition would've seen the escape of the Alliance Sleeper Ships as a direct threat to their survival. The bourgeois fleeing their clutches to amass an army to return and conquer them. So the Coalition would've continued to expand, because it's in human nature to conquer as much territory as possible. They could've moved as fast as the Sleeper Ships, as they would've captured the technology upon reaching the moon from which they were launched.

Anyway, about the idea, it's a no from me. There are already too many systems with not enough people. Gallia was a mistake, but this would be the death knell.

Maybe, but sleeper ships were only to build first colonies, the further growth of Sirius would be far slower without jumpgates, without Dom'kavosh technology Coalition would have very hard time making colonies, it is not enough to send people away, you have to deliver them resources, and without jumpgates each colony would be isolated, it would take years, maybe even decades for support ships to arrive.

Remaining two sleeper ships - Klaw117 - 06-28-2011

In StarLancer, the Coalition already had jump gates, although they could only send ships across a system, not between systems. During one of the campaign missions, you saw a jump portal open, which spit out a Coalition ship, but sucked you in and sent you all the way to Venus from Uranus or Neptune. I'm sure that, given enough time, the Coalition could improve its jump gates to send ships to different systems.