Discovery Gaming Community
Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Traders destroying their cargo when pirated (/showthread.php?tid=77744)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Blackwood - 04-09-2012

You know, when it gets this hard to pirate a transport in a game, something is wrong.

I know there are RP rules, but why for the love of the game can't you demand the trader compensate you in cash for the cargo he just blew up? Call it the "double jeopardy" rule.

If you got sanctioned for that, I'd quit.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Daedric - 04-09-2012

Nothing stopping you from doing it.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - JayDee Kasane - 04-09-2012

simply remove ppossibility for trade ships (exept few of them) to have armor upgrade. all problems of pirates solved. at least most of them.
Aruetii have a point here. you demand ore. ore destroyed. you demand compensate. no compensate. tradder killed. pirate more/less happy

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - ryoken - 04-09-2012

' Wrote:simply remove ppossibility for trade ships (exept few of them) to have armor upgrade. all problems of pirates solved. at least most of them.

Sure as long as pirates also lose the option to use armour. It is all or none mate. I would be happy with no armour in game period. But you cannot ask to remove it from transports, and not pirate ships.
If you find it to tough to stop a transport? then your doing it wrong.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Lucky Luke - 04-09-2012

' Wrote:How do we deal with this? it is Simple

Demand+Drop into Space=Destroyed
Demand+Traded to my Cargo Hold=Good Free Pay
its that simple
and if they deny...Pew Pew away hahaha
Soo... Just because you sent a trade request, the trader can't ignore that, jettison the cargo and shoot it to pieces?

' Wrote:They will go "Fine kill me! It's faster!"

It would be good if when dropping stuff, your guns get de-activated for a couple of seconds, I'll bug some modder to see if that's possible.
I totally agree!

' Wrote:I just think it doesn't make sense that you can shoot the cargo you just dropped. To me, it's just a problem with the game mechanics. I'm not talking about 10 seconds, just 1 second.

Also, why do you complain that they cannot defend against gunboats or bombers? If you destroy the loot you are as good as dead to them:P

I just don't like traders who goes "Just shoot me, it's easier instead of flying back", makes 0 sense, and well.
Why not 10 seconds? If the trader drops the cargo, he has no reason or need to use his guns anyway. The pirates will be happy. I think this is a very good idea! Making them pay double if they destroy the cargo sounds difficult, since the only leverage you had was just shot. The trader would just laugh at you for making such a demand. All he wants at that point, is to start a new route as fast as possible. Getting blown up helps him do that.

All I'm saying is that it takes away what pirating is really all about. Just because we've gotten used to the fact that most pirates sits along the lane with the standard 2 milrdai-RP in their setmsgs, doesn't mean that it's what pirates really are supposed to do. Pirates would primarily try to get their hands on goods that they can use themselves, or sell to whom ever. It makes no sense for them to pass up on attractive goods just to get money instead. Remember that pirates can't just walk in to the nearest trading station and buy whatever he wants. He'd have to use smugglers. And they aren't cheap.

At the same time I totally understand a trader who destroys the cargo. If he can't have it, then no one else should have it either. But, by doing this, he takes a risk. InRL he'd risk his life. InRP he also risks his "life". With the exception that the rules allow him to return to the same system immediately, as long as he just trades. There's just something seriously wrong with that! Maybe if the trader was sent to the opposite side of Sirius, in regards to the salespoint. Then he'd stand to lose something if he got killed. Have all dead traders respawn in Omicron Lost, or something. :P

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Ursus - 04-09-2012

I have an idea, once the pirate scoops up cargo he becomes a transport, his armor and guns stops working, and cruise speed drops to 130. Then lawfuls can have their RP without any hassles.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - ryoken - 04-09-2012

' Wrote:I have an idea, once the pirate scoops up cargo he becomes a transport, his armor and guns stops working, and cruise speed drops to 130. Then lawfuls can have their RP without any hassles.

lol i love this idea. I swear. I think this is pirate/trader whine post #500 just since 4.86 came out.
Pirates complain they need to work to make money. Traders complain they get pirated for to much. Face it. Your both tools. Live with it, or leave it. Both have a equal chance to fight/run/drop/tractor or what ever. Pirates are not going to get an advantage, and traders are not going to get an advantage. It is called fair play. Get used to it.

PS. Also try proper demands, and not drop all, and maybe the trader will comply. If he is losing it all anyway? then why not shoot it.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Blackwood - 04-09-2012

' Wrote:Why not 10 seconds? If the trader drops the cargo, he has no reason or need to use his guns anyway. The pirates will be happy. I think this is a very good idea!

Actually that is a horrid idea for one simple reason. Smugglers.

If you are about to be overtaken, you want to get rid of that 3k of cardi in your hold fast. Only way to do that is shooting it.

It would hurt smuggler RP.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Lucky Luke - 04-09-2012

' Wrote:Pirates complain they need to work to make money.
Since robbing traders of their cargo actually means more work, than 2 milrdai, I can't see where you're going with that comment.

Reasonable demands... If a pirate stops a trader with a very attractive cargo, it's absolutely possible that he just skims a little off the top. But most likely... He will rob the trader blind. I understand what you mean with this, but what's considered reasonable, is depending on what the trader is carrying. Where he's being pirated. Shiptype and so on... What is reasonable to you, might not be reasonable to me.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Jack_Henderson - 04-09-2012

' Wrote:Since robbing traders of their cargo actually means more work, than 2 milrdai, I can't see where you're going with that comment.

Reasonable demands... If a pirate stops a trader with a very attractive cargo, it's absolutely possible that he just skims a little off the top. But most likely... He will rob the trader blind. I understand what you mean with this, but what's considered reasonable, is depending on what the trader is carrying. Where he's being pirated. Shiptype and so on... What is reasonable to you, might not be reasonable to me.

It's really easy.

You choose your demand wisely or not.

If it is wise, you...
... get what you want
... (in a good case) you get good rp back

If it is not wise, you...
... get a running trader
... who never said a word to you
... and who depending on skill, ship class and armor, you will not even blue message
... will still likely get a blue message and the "good feeling" to have killed a "silent powertrader".

If someone says "drop all cargo", I fight and run. It's a terrorist demand in my eyes, IF the pirate cannot carry all the cargo.

Just make a demand that does not cause more harm than necessary and you will find that people respond well to real piracy play. Be an ass, and you will be treated like one. It's really that easy.