Discovery Gaming Community
Spatial's new model - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Spatial's new model (/showthread.php?tid=94067)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Spatial's new model - Luscinia Hafez - 06-27-2013

Even better, Errant!

I never liked the lopsided wing on the current Spatial and the new model looks too generic and too wide.

RE: Spatial's new model - Errant.Venture - 06-28-2013

I scrapped the others. Here are the "Two" finalist's that I'm working on. Sorry to keep blowing up this thread...

Spatial - SHF Base
Spatial - Freighter Base

RE: Spatial's new model - Pel - 09-18-2013

I like the new model.

It is still big. It still packs impressive firepower. It definitely looks like it belongs with the whole civilian line of fighters such as the Eagle, Griffin, Roc, but it also has some Titan thrown in. This is a good thing. It fits with the universe.

I have enjoyed flying the new Spatial around the 4.87 universe, but have one complaint: I almost always have to speed dock.

If you allow regular docking to happen at most bases (not planets) then the Spatial's VERY WIDE wings get snagged up. This means you have to F1 out of it and leave your ship in space so you can log back in and dock properly.

Here are some example pics:

[Image: CyFVDlX.png]
[Image: puiSQ3s.png]

When you speed dock you basically trick the base to "jump dock" you, which is something that automatically happens for a lot of larger ship classes.

Since the normal docking maneuver won't work for the spatial on many (if not most) bases, the solution is probably to not let it use berths.

In the shiparch it says:

mission_property = can_use_berths

I figure if you change that to "mission_property = can_use_med_moors" then we
Spatial pilots would probably have better luck.

Until then, I try to speed dock whenever possible. Certain bases are problematic, though.

Another approach would be to enlarge/optimize the base cmps. I know that the new Spatial can dock normally at the miningbase_FragB bases (like Alcudia Supply Station) in Omicron Lambda, so maybe it would be worthwhile to look at the docking on that base and copy it for other base types.

EDIT: docking for the Spatial is fixed now.

RE: Spatial's new model - oZoneRanger - 10-29-2013

Anyone having problems with the guns on the spatial not doing any damage.
I just loaded one up with BlackWidow class 8 guns and Widow class 2 turrets and no damage, I am not even seeing the projectile animation come out of the ship.
Apologies if this is the wrong thread, or if this a bug that has been reported and is in the process of getting fixed.
Thanks.

RE: Spatial's new model - AeternusDoleo - 10-29-2013

Check if the guns are actually mounted and if you have them selected while firing. If no projectiles show, you probably aren't shooting them.

(10-29-2013, 02:02 PM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: Check if the guns are actually mounted and if you have them selected while firing. If no projectiles show, you probably aren't shooting them.

Yep...bought it in Alabama
I have been playing long enough to have figured out the DUH things that could have gone wrong. They are all mounted. The guns seems to have a small amount of animation at the barrel, but no shots seem to fire and no hits on bases or ships and no projectile animation.

I will....thought....just in case ....check it again.
Thanks.

Edit...Just checked again...tried three different types of guns available on Alamo Base, where the ship is sold. I used a gun platform as a target, they did register some damage when I was under 100 meters to the target, but hardly any. The Paralizer, Mines and Cruise Disruptors all work as well a counter measures.

RE: Spatial's new model - Lonely Werewolf - 10-29-2013

My Spatial works fine, mine is using the new Liberty Civvy guns. Only problem I have with it is that it can't mine Platinum easily as the mining turrets projectiles trail behind the rocks. Other than that, works like a charm.

(10-29-2013, 02:44 PM)oZoneRanger Wrote:
(10-29-2013, 02:02 PM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: Check if the guns are actually mounted and if you have them selected while firing. If no projectiles show, you probably aren't shooting them.

Yep...bought it in Alabama
I have been playing long enough to have figured out the DUH things that could have gone wrong. They are all mounted. The guns seems to have a small amount of animation at the barrel, but no shots seem to fire and no hits on bases or ships and no projectile animation.

I will....thought....just in case ....check it again.
Thanks.

Edit...Just checked again...tried three different types of guns available on Alamo Base, where the ship is sold. I used a gun platform as a target, they did register some damage when I was under 100 meters to the target, but hardly any. The Paralizer, Mines and Cruise Disruptors all work as well a counter measures.

Just changed them to Purple Goddess turrets and Chain gun...they all seem fine...so maybe it is a problem with the animation of the Black widow guns and turrets.
Thanks for the help.