Discovery Gaming Community
Is Discovery dying? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Is Discovery dying? (/showthread.php?tid=97515)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Is Discovery dying? - Swallow - 05-18-2013

(05-18-2013, 09:55 AM)sindroms Wrote: Hey, you two. Have you even bothered to read the opening post?

My fault.

RE: Is Discovery dying? - Wiz - 05-18-2013

well. I am actually very happy about this thread. I never dared writing about this subject. most likely, because I would have seen the same silly non-productive posts filling my thread.

back to the subject, there are many things that would make you think Disco is dying:
1. Some people know about Discovery, but they would join the experience because they don't know how to In-about-game talk, or even can't speak english.
2. Are Lolwuts taking control of the show?? I'd say it is quite like this, that is because little REAL attention is givin to the pronlem. Let's make it straight, if they won't play the way it SHOULD be, we must treat them the way it MUST be.
3. People tend to spend less time in-game the while before a new release is coming.
4. At this time, many of the players are having exams, that is a fair reason for the reduction of our numbers in-game.
5. The fact of Liberty-Or Lolberty to be precise-being the gathering point of people from far and near is deriving other house from the activity, making you sometimes feel disgusted just from thinking about jumping to your ship and fly out.

And the list goes on....
In my opinion the game still have a long life to live, and still have many great and skilled players developing it, and if we work together, we would be able to push the game through the problems and to more fun.

I would like to thank everyone who help making the game better, from the beginners to the moderators and admins and developers.

Remember to have fun playing..
[/size]

RE: Is Discovery dying? - Luke. - 05-19-2013

(05-18-2013, 10:25 PM)Seemo Wrote:

4. At this time, many of the players are having exams, that is a fair reason for the reduction of our numbers in-game.

Remember to have fun playing..
[/size]

These 2 points are ones I agree on.

If I didn't have a college course instead, I'd be having exams right now. I know a few people from CL} have finals etc to prepare for and do and therefore time is going to spent concentrating on real life issues than a game. Summer, I would imagine would see far more activity as well as 4.87 not being too far away. A bad period of time for a server does not mean it's going to die. This happens to many servers that have been alive and thriving for a long time.

The second point is also a simple one. If you're not having fun, try something else in-game or play something else for a bit entirely. Come back feeling refreshed, less frustrated with it and you'll probably enjoy it more. Don't ruin the fun for others by being a little child about everything.

RE: Is Discovery dying? - Apollon - 05-19-2013

Well players in summer reaches about 200 players..sometimes server goes full..225..that is only in summer which is after a month ir two