Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery Community is looking for new administrators/moderators! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Discovery Community is looking for new administrators/moderators! (/showthread.php?tid=9928)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Discovery Community is looking for new administrators/moderators! - 13CentKiller - 07-02-2008

' Wrote:I certainly would not be offended if i was not picked for such a job.. I am more than likely waaaay unqualified for such geeky things... It might be nice to give something like this a try sometime though:)
Submit one now...Or I will fly to where ever you live...chat up one of those models, then slap you for being so silly.;)

Your more than qualified.:)
Seriously. Give it a shot man, you never know.:rolleyes:

Discovery Community is looking for new administrators/moderators! - chovynz - 07-02-2008

I'm not going to apply for...
1) I feel I haven't been here long enough.
2) I like the less responsibility I have at the mo.

Discovery Community is looking for new administrators/moderators! - n00bl3t - 07-02-2008

Good luck to all applicants. Oh, c'mon Hyung that power is awful tempting.:P

(We should give Tenacity the banhammer for a day.:D)

Discovery Community is looking for new administrators/moderators! - Ding - 07-02-2008

I'm impressed at the decision to hold open auditions for admin. A thankless, but necessary job. I've actually seen quite a few folks rise to the occasion and I for one am very glad to see it. On all of the servers, I've been on in the last five years, I really do find Disco to be the best, for my tastes, but one thing I've always noticed (everywhere else), is that admins NEVER open the floor for self nomination. Infact, they generally approach the candidate privately. Self promotion is usually ignored and the process takes a bloody long time, and with good reason, I expect. This is a totally different direction, but then Discovery is a totally different community. Perhaps that is why it is so successful.

So my hat is off to the current and future admins of this server. You've all got your work cut out for you.

Ding

Discovery Community is looking for new administrators/moderators! - looqas - 07-02-2008

Interesting. I sincerely hope you'll get a load of good applicants majkp. And it seems that some good folk have already done that. I'd be interested to know how many did sent an application when the time's up;)

I hope we are in for a surprise pick(s) as well, meaning those who just sent the app without saying so here.

I haven't seen xoria as an admin in-game yet though, must be my time zone.

Discovery Community is looking for new administrators/moderators! - Boss - 07-02-2008

POST NUKED BY BOSS

Discovery Community is looking for new administrators/moderators! - frozen - 07-02-2008

' Wrote:After considerable thought, app sent.

' Wrote:After much deliberation/procrastinating/beating myself up over it, app sent.

havent u already sent one before...?:mellow:oh well

Discovery Community is looking for new administrators/moderators! - Thor22 - 07-03-2008

Good luck to all who apply, the person (people?) who is (are?) picked will be excellent for the role i'm sure!

I'd like to say that being an Admin is all misery and gloom, but hopefully the new Admin(s) can have a bit of fun while they get into thier new role, as well as relieving the workload from the current Admins so that it's happy days for all! :D

Again, good luck!

Discovery Community is looking for new administrators/moderators! - ryoken - 07-03-2008

I would like to Try and be an admin again, but i do not know if it would give me time to play anymore. I love helping "noob's" but can do ingame. If i see an abuse i can let our present admin's handle it. Anyone who has not been an admin on any server's should know it is alot of work, and very little will actually thank you. Just look in sanction's? 1 guy/girl went nut's there just today on Koord. So be prepared for alot of hard work, without any thank you's or well done.

Discovery Community is looking for new administrators/moderators! - Boss - 07-03-2008

@ Frozen, I merely posted twice. Only one app got sent..:$ My bad...