Discovery Gaming Community
Thoughts That Win - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Thoughts That Win (/showthread.php?tid=14101)

Thoughts That Win - Dusty Lens - 07-13-2012

Why flood?

Thoughts That Win - ... kur nubėgo? - 07-21-2012

For fellow two-wheelers

Thoughts That Win - Dubstep - 07-31-2012

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."

Thoughts That Win - Goddess Astra - 07-31-2012

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

'€”Albert Einstein

Thoughts That Win - ... kur nubėgo? - 07-31-2012

Prolly it's not word to word. It's taken from a video and written down. I think many people need to realise this : |

When I say someone is stupid, guess what? I'm stupid, Jeff is stupid, people in the audience are stupid. We are all stupid at sometimes about something. The diffrence is, that some of us then we have this pointed out to us or then we recognize in ourselves strive to overcome it. We say '€žyou know what, I was being stupid lets correct it so that I'm not stupid at other things". While other people say '€žI'm not stupid" they deny. It's this massive EGO that prevents them from accepting that they too can be wrong that they too can make stupid mistakes. And that is what makes... They take offense to this '€žOh you called me stupid". YEAH, I did, get over it, call me stupid back. We've both been stupid at something. Then you tap that sort of reaction. Then someone is telling you that your beliefs on certain subject are stupid or you being and idiot about something in particular, first of all, they most likely aren't summing up your entire character, they most likely not saying '€žyou are completly usless brain that can't do anything right" they are talkin' within the context of that subject. If your initial reaction is to simply take offense and shut down the conversation: that's EGO. It's not logic, you didn't win, you don't have any highground intellectual, moral or otherwise '€“ it's EGO. It's your own innerself saying '€žI couldn't possibly be wrong, how dare you challange me!" and it's no different from making nonsense crap about someone using the f-word or whatever. It's a way of avoiding the actual discussion. It's a way avoiding the intellectual honesty that goes where the logic leads instead of saying "it's messed up" then you've been proven wrong. It really is that simple.

- Matt Dillahunty

Thoughts That Win - Haphestus - 08-03-2012

"Idiocy and Humanity go together like chocolate and peanut butter "

Thoughts That Win - Psymple - 08-30-2012

Ooo ooo I cant believe I never saw this before...
I am gonna go with two that are particularly personal to me:

"If everyone who had a lot shared: no one would have too little."

(Specifically to those in relationships.)
"A burden shared is a burden halved.
Burdens kept secret leads to broken hearts."

RE: Thoughts That Win - JaaY - 12-04-2012

Hm... there are a lot of these I like but some of my favourites are:

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
-Mark Twain

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
-Buddah

If we dont end war, war will end us.
-H.G. Wells

RE: Thoughts That Win - Thunderer - 12-04-2012

"You can get experienced only if you eat your meals cold."

RE: Thoughts That Win - Tutashkhia - 12-08-2012

Read "The Knight in the Panther's Skin",it is full with an useful thoughts.

P.S It's a poem,1650-1660 strophe
And its sad that most cannot understand the original writen... Translated version isn't as good as an original.