Discovery Gaming Community
Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 (/showthread.php?tid=105467)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Lonely_Ghost - 10-06-2013

Thats only my point, and I don't care, will it going to be removed, will Im going to be sanctioned or anything like that but I want to say it.
We trying to get fresh blood, in same time, we loosing good players, capable of RPing great, and making great encouters with them. Discover 86 was aimed to introduce new "goodies" which would attrackt new players, in resoult, we had population drop.
Now, in Beta test stage, many players prefer not even to log in, because all they achive now, they going to loose. In case, rollback wont happen, some players also wont log back, because, they will consider it unfair to let all those tons of battleships, which you can purchase by test cash command.

There were TONS, nah, MEGATONS of crap in 86. From bad scenario, till such stupid disbalance as Light Destroyer can kill Battleship without loosing sheild. And devs keep fixing what is not broken, burning bridge, and ignoring things, which indeed should be fixed.

So yeah, advertisement of Discovery is good thing, but it's like offering to drive Ford Sierra now.

P.S. As I sayed in the beginning of my post, I wont be surprised finding this post removed, my forum account banned or even some of my chars deleted, or even all of them, so do it, it will be ok.

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - mayu20 - 10-06-2013

I think the targeted audiance we should focus is above 18 years old. People got used to GTA 4, Crysis 1-2, Battlefied, and other eye candy graphics. And let's face it: Freelancer is not eye candy compared to last 5 years games. It was when it was released and even then there were better graphics game. What I am trying to say is that SystemsFailing is right. We can't bring just anyone. Well, we can but they won't stay anyway. We need games that likes a game for its story and gameplay, not high end graphics and 24/7 action like a shooter or action/adventure games nowdays do. Freelancer Discovery is not a casual game whatever any of you say it is. It takes hours only to get your first better ship. Another hours to find a better trade route. And another countless hours to focus on RP and community RP. Freelancer is dieing but not because it has grown boring, but because players that enjoy a good game and has a lot of free time are almost as dead as soon to be Freelancer.

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Paranoia - 10-06-2013

Capspamfightermisslelancer.

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - 7AlphaOne1 - 10-07-2013

(10-06-2013, 06:13 PM)mayu20 Wrote: I think the targeted audiance we should focus is above 18 years old. People got used to GTA 4, Crysis 1-2, Battlefied, and other eye candy graphics. And let's face it: Freelancer is not eye candy compared to last 5 years games. It was when it was released and even then there were better graphics game. What I am trying to say is that SystemsFailing is right. We can't bring just anyone. Well, we can but they won't stay anyway. We need games that likes a game for its story and gameplay, not high end graphics and 24/7 action like a shooter or action/adventure games nowdays do. Freelancer Discovery is not a casual game whatever any of you say it is. It takes hours only to get your first better ship. Another hours to find a better trade route. And another countless hours to focus on RP and community RP. Freelancer is dieing but not because it has grown boring, but because players that enjoy a good game and has a lot of free time are almost as dead as soon to be Freelancer.

I agree with what you say , but since it is an unrestricted audience game , with lots of development , we should aim for , say 13 to 28 age groups. ( p.s. I myself am 13 only)

also , we could host multi lingual servers , attracting more players (and eventually , donors).

also lobby for a new angels sub faction in charge of helping multilingual players, would attract lots of people.

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Lonely_Ghost - 10-07-2013

There were several multilanguage server, with Russian language, German language and Spanish, if Im not mistaking. They had some success, but they never were such popular as Disco GC.

Both of Russian servers had many problems, such as capspam, megatons of hate (more goes to Siberia Optizone) where player were involwed into open confrontation between each other, and stuff like it.

And another point, with donors (if I understood you correctly- you mean players, who will join GC server, after playing on paralel server?)
Idea is not bad at first look, but.
1)New players will rather go here, as server with max players.

2) Players, who have played on another server, and have gained lots of stuff, like multiple battleships, lots of Code weapons and so on, very unlikely join another server, and start everything from 0.

3) Players who played on parelel server (with probably diffrent rulest, and defrent RP enviroment) could find GC server unpleasant for them to play here. ( We know our internal problems, Im sure, that there is no need in listing them here now.)

4) Players who played on parelel server (with probably diffrent rulest, and defrent RP enviroment) could be "badly integrated" into GC server, causing more problems and negative effect, rather than positive. This will be going until first seriouse sanction. Usualy, player will just say "S***W YOU ALL A******S!" and just left server.

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Tibbles - 10-07-2013

Not Sure if this could be a good idea but here it goes.

If I'm not wrong this is s Rolepley server.

Then perhaps could be more easy to atract gamers from other kind of rolepley games like board games or non space rolepleying pc games to a Spece roleplaying game like freelancer than combat/space gemers to RP space game.

I'm saying this to not focus on "traditional" space game forums or wherever the add has benn send in the past.

Where to search such gamers? Uh, dunno :S I'll give it a try at google...

Just a thoguht.

Edit: Just found some RPG forums where perhaps could be interesting to write a post

RPG-Directory

RPGFO

TheRPGSite

Roleplayers guild

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Makc_RU - 10-07-2013

I have already made a poster for Freel. I want to volunteer. If you want me, please contact through pm.

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Nutline - 10-07-2013

The big thing which disturbs me at the evolution of game it's ignoring the player events:

- If a faction is too strong (remember OC / 'sairs raids in 4.85) -> you've nerfed the OC BS in 4.86 and waived the jump holes, that people didn't moved into another area ... they're just lost !
- If a faction is loosing way too often (IMG, JAVA) -> you've made them a BIG SHINY station in t23 with a rate of fire so incredible that it could rip battleships in matter of minutes.
- If there are too many pirate raids in NY -> you've made NPC stations and way more patrols ...

And the list can continue ...
Devs don't give a damn about player events, they have in mind their story and all that matters, it should be a "sandbox game" (if you wanna call it RP) -> driven by the player events !

I still hope that one day things will get fixed ... but maybe it's a little bit too late (let's hope not)

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - Switchback - 10-08-2013

There's a DayZ server with a rules setup somewhat like discovery, Just thought it might be of interest in future promotions.

http://www.dayzrp.com/

RE: Discovery advertisement campaign - step 1 - sindroms - 10-09-2013

Gonna spam it in all of the furry communities.