Discovery Gaming Community
Spatial Replace Updated with Texture preview - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Spatial Replace Updated with Texture preview (/showthread.php?tid=107293)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Spatial Replace Updated with Texture preview - Trogdor - 11-22-2013

It looks boxy, bulky, not streamlined at all. The launch tubes make it look like a bomber, and the fuselage looks both strange (why is it curved?) and flimsy because the curve makes it thinner. For what's supposed to be a long-range exploration craft it looks like it has very little in the way of living quarters.

If you told me this was a Wilde bomber I'd believe it.

I much prefer the spatial we have now to this. At least, as far as the model is concerned.

RE: Spatial Replace Updated with Texture preview - Druen78 - 11-22-2013

Aye, habitable space is an issue, it doesn't look like it would sustain prolonged travels. Hey, just forget about the Spatial and submit this as an entirely new ship Smile

RE: Spatial Replace Updated with Texture preview - Highland Laddie - 11-22-2013

Moldy-Crow replacement, since that's another import? Or was that done away with already?

RE: Spatial Replace Updated with Texture preview - Thyrzul - 11-22-2013

(11-22-2013, 07:08 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: Moldy-Crow replacement, since that's another import? Or was that done away with already?

Sounds okay. This model is way better already than the spiky version, but I somehow still feel it haven't reached the quality of DiscoFL ships, it's just a feeling, so I can't really elaborate on it yet. And the current Spatial is nice enough, plus fits the "Bird" line well, it is already replacing an import and there are still other imports in the mod to be replaced. One of those is the Moldy Crow. (Too bad Swallow just decided to leave, he had a good concept for the Kujira...)

RE: Spatial Replace Updated with Texture preview - DartStriker - 11-23-2013

If you think the model is of to poor quality for the mod, tell me why, just saying you have a feeling doesn't do m any good. However, I've seen some of the models in disco and as far as that mesh is concerned it is good enough for freelancer. Unless of course you see something wrong with the model that I do not.

RE: Spatial Replace Updated with Texture preview - Druen78 - 11-23-2013

Nah the model is superb Wink It's just that it doesn't really fit the role as a Spatial, at least in my and someone else's opinion. I think it would actually be too big and bulky for the Moldy Crow as well, but who knows, it could actually work fine instead.

RE: Spatial Replace Updated with Texture preview - DartStriker - 11-23-2013

Druen I don't mind people thinking the model doesn't fit a particular role, most of the changes to this ship happened because of suggestions community members gave about their likes and dislikes. I just don't like people telling me the model isn't up to the standards of Discovery when it really just isn't up to their particular interest. Your comments are great, you expressed your opinion as an opinion, while I disagree its good to have as much input as possible.

RE: Spatial Replace Updated with Texture preview - Druen78 - 11-23-2013

Whenever I hear someone say "it's not detailed enough for Disco", all I can think is "Guys have you seen the BWTransport?" Big Grin Some of the models we currently have definitely show their age.

RE: Spatial Replace Updated with Texture preview - Haste - 11-23-2013

(11-22-2013, 10:02 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
And the current Spatial is nice enough, plus fits the "Bird" line well,

The question is, why does it fit this line? Large wings are made for planetary flight, I would assume. Why in the world would a long-range space explorer have large wings? Large engines and ample room for supplies / extended life support would make more sense.

It's too bland, in my view. This new model looks a lot more rugged and.. How I would image a Spatial deep-space explorer.

Edit: As for it looking like it doesn't have much 'space' inside, have a look at the cockpit. It's huge. It's more like a freighter/transport bridge than a fighter cockpit - which is exactly how it should be for a ship with a lot of living space.

Keep in mind even normal fighters are quite big compared to our pilot. I would assume those, too, have living quarters inside.

More edit: Also very importantly: more mass means it needs bigger engines (and consumes more fuel) in order to reach the speeds necessary to explore off the lanes. Logically, it wouldn't be too luxurious. To me, the Spatial should be rugged, not a luxury liner.

RE: Spatial Replace Updated with Texture preview - tothebonezone - 11-23-2013

[Image: Jj2APHB.png]

I'm disgusted by the head of this ship, just like I am with that of the old Firefly.

If you could make that something less.. Snake-y? Less banana-y? It'd be much nicer.

In my opinion anyway.