Discovery Gaming Community
The Black Ravens - Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: The Black Ravens - Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=118932)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: The Black Ravens - Feedback - Oldum - 08-12-2014

(08-12-2014, 11:20 AM)Katana Wrote: Actually The Bretonian Privateers are Queen Carina's Privateers, same thing. QCP| is more like the, the official representing faction for this ID and faction.

Really ?
http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Bretonian_Privateer_ID
I don't really read that they are called Queen Carinas Privateers ... that was the name of the Official faction, but if I'd make and indi Privateer, I probably wouldn't be QCP ... or at least IMO.

RE: The Black Ravens - Feedback - Oldum - 08-12-2014

(08-12-2014, 11:45 AM)Snak3 Wrote: Trying to keep faction alive is a mistake. If the faction is not attractive then it should not be held on so hard that it squeezes brains out.

It's the mentality that official factions should be kept alive. Unofficial factions are just as fun to play as official ones. Only that there are official factions look horribly down on any indies or unofficial factions that created this elitist attitude that so many has here.

With all due .. , the last part has a point there in some cases ... unfortunately ..

RE: The Black Ravens - Feedback - Havok - 08-12-2014

(08-12-2014, 11:45 AM)Snak3 Wrote:
(08-12-2014, 11:41 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: ]

Do you really think creating a faction is really that hard? Try to keep one alive and then come back.

Trying to keep faction alive is a mistake. If the faction is not attractive then it should not be held on so hard that it squeezes brains out.

It's the mentality that official factions should be kept alive. Unofficial factions are just as fun to play as official ones. Only that there are official factions look horribly down on any indies or unofficial factions that created this elitist attitude that so many has here.

The good old arguement of Elitism. You can always count on that happening. Noone said they aren't fun to play, though alot of indies, you cannot deny, simply pull off things that aren't too smart.

DELETE - SnakThree - 08-12-2014

DELETE

RE: The Black Ravens - Feedback - Thyrzul - 08-12-2014

(08-12-2014, 12:02 PM)Snak3 Wrote: You quickly jump on the wagon against indies, while not telling that my statement is truth that official factions are more at fault for prejudicing any unnoficial players or groups in comparison to individual players being at fault for bad behaviour.

Dude, don't you think some indies might be at least as much at fault for providing basis for such prejudice as the officials might be for prejudicing indies based on that basis? Oh wait, of course you don't, but even despite your failure to recognize it, all coins have two sides.

DELETE - SnakThree - 08-12-2014

DELETE

RE: The Black Ravens - Feedback - Thyrzul - 08-12-2014

Said arrogance and frustration towards indies can easily be understood if you look at how responsible officials are held to keep higher standards while how little perks they gain in exchange for that. You could just as well be an indie without the responsibilities of being official and enjoy most of the same perks at the same time.

RE: The Black Ravens - Feedback - Sabru - 08-12-2014

* Sabru casts 'Summon Mod'

RE: The Black Ravens - Feedback - Havok - 08-12-2014

(08-12-2014, 12:10 PM)Snak3 Wrote: Nowhere did I deny that independent players are not guilty of trouble. In each and every post I told that I hold some official factions more guilty over prejudice, because they ought to keep higher standards on all levels, yet they look down upon those that are not part of official faction. That's ooRP arrogance.

Fact is that it's been proven over and over again to most official factions that their indies won't cooperate with them and that alot of the indies do their own thing not to benefit just the official faction but the IFF Representation or the NPC Faction. So alot of the 'prejudice' you claim Official Factions to have is based upon events that transpired in the past.

RE: The Black Ravens - Feedback - Connor - 08-12-2014

This is The Black Ravens Feedback page, not a general discussion. Please keep it as feedback and don't wonder of topic.