Discovery Gaming Community
Corsair Carrier - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Corsair Carrier (/showthread.php?tid=120350)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Corsair Carrier - 7AlphaOne1 - 09-09-2014

(09-09-2014, 06:15 AM)Flashâ„¢ Wrote:
(09-09-2014, 12:47 AM)Omicron Wrote: Corsairs already are the single most gifted discovery faction in terms of shipline, comparable only to House of Liberty as a whole. Many, many more would wish for having LF, HF, 2 VHF, bomber, freighter, 3 transports, gunboat, cruiser and two battleships.

To be fair, Order just don't have a Heavy Fighter, freighter, and 3 transports ( also, 3? I'm pretty sure there is the 3ker and thee 4.3ker that came out recently ). What's your point? Smile))

Also, I would say give Outcasts a Carrier, make the Sarissa something usable, rather then being the less wanted when someone sees the wonderful Ransuer.

Well , Order shipline then:
Anubis-Removed. I am pretty much the only person owning one
Onuris-LF
Bastet-HF/VHF
Nephthys - VHF
Sekhmet -Bombah
Hathor-GB
Resheph-Cruzer
Geb-Carrier
Ossie - BS

in all, 8 ships and a wrecked old stick.

RE: Corsair Carrier - Thyrzul - 09-09-2014

(09-09-2014, 12:56 PM)n00bl3t Wrote: Or how IMG Miners have a full line?

Totally good point, I agree with you on this one. Doesn't negate mine though.

(09-09-2014, 12:56 PM)n00bl3t Wrote: The completely resource-exhausted Rheinland at end of SP still maintains a house and capitals? The Blood Dragons suddenly pulled a shipline out of their butts after SP?

Only if we'd have a limit on ship numbers implemented as a game mechanic... but so far all we have is a boolean switch: factions either can or can't build them. (Hint: Same goes for Council, all I can do in that regard is to set the inRP forces and where they operate, and then consider everything contradicting that, ooRP, because you know, we can't control indies after all...)

(09-09-2014, 12:56 PM)n00bl3t Wrote: Outcasts and Corsairs peak of shipbuilding technology in asteroids and nebula space was VHF and is now suddenly other bigger ships which inRP wouldn't work in asteroids and nebulas.

Aaaaagain another good point, Imo those mini-houses shouldn't have much more than destroyers either.

(09-09-2014, 12:56 PM)n00bl3t Wrote: (Rheinland capitals died to snub tactics in Sigma 13.)

One of the reason why Corsairs don't really need bigger ships. Big ones can fall to outnumbering.

(09-09-2014, 12:56 PM)n00bl3t Wrote: But somehow it's the people at the edge of resource-rich space, allied to the technological powerhouse of The Order (secretly) and the energy powerhouse (GMG) who have no enemies listed except nomads and which has the primary role of trade which somehow can't invest it's money into a shipbuilding line which functions as a deterrence against violence in lawless space.

Resource-rich space? So far all resource in Omicrons were Iridium and Alien Organisms (oh, and nomnom materials, for which so many people made Nephilims to hunt, like hunting down mankind's greatest enemy would be the most logical thing to do for space hippies in colony ships). Do you happen to know more about what the Nomicron update gonna bring us than the rest of us? Could you share a few details?

The Order as a powerhouse? Yes, they are high-tech, yet they just lost a whole planet to said greatest enemy of mankind in the recent years, and struggling to survive so much they are not afraid to accuse old allies of infestation simply because of lack of supplies. Something they won't really have much chance to continue as I've been hinted that Order might need to concentrate on their main goal now more than ever. Can they afford lending their technology to random people branded by the same word, "Zoners", because they all happen to live on the outer "Zones" of Sirius?

GMG as a powerhouse? Economically yes, diplomatically yes, they are kinda doing pretty well not to draw too much attention by not arming themselves needlessly. They can pull an other 80-year-maneuver anyways if needed. Why would they finance random people branded "Zoners" (see above) for building warships when they could just as well finance the Order, an actual set of professionals?

So what was your point with these alliances? Did you try to tell me technology and funds are pretty enough to spit out warships? Like manpower wouldn't even be a neccessity? Or simply that friends are all what you need and you can have everything? Order and GMG are allied to eachother too, but I don't see anybody trying to ask for GMG caps and then justify them with "being allied to a technological powerhouse".

(09-09-2014, 12:34 PM)Ayatolah Wrote: nowadays the Corsairs are no longer under risk of famine, as well as for player RP as well as the infocards, Lore-wise, they have a steady supply of basic needs, as well as imports from Kusary mainly, and now also own production (in small scale yet)

Umm, I find it quite illogical from a gameplay perspective. Starvation is the main reason for piracy and the hostile approach towards houses like Bretonia and Rheinland, which is one of the main aspects of Corsair roleplay (the other aspect being their hatred towards Outcasts). Wouldn't ending starvation kill off half of the faction's activity? (I got no idea what could be an alternative to fill the gap the removal of the need to pirate would create.)

RE: Corsair Carrier - pillow - 09-09-2014

(09-09-2014, 01:38 PM)bong_forum Wrote: i'd like anoter bs to "bong" ppl with if u know what i mean Smile

I laughed so hard at that.
Bongerdong4life

Also no, no Carriers for Outcasts or Corsairs.
That should have better stuff to create one than the Order.
*Looks at Geb*

Ok. Explain. Why Order Carrier instead of Outcast/Corsair one? The Nomads can have like a 2.000.000 armored Carrier with 32 weapons on it too.
Because why not?

RE: Corsair Carrier - bong_forum - 09-09-2014

(09-09-2014, 01:38 PM)Moriarty. Wrote:
(09-09-2014, 01:38 PM)bong_forum Wrote: i'd like anoter bs to "bong" ppl with if u know what i mean Smile

[bong intensifies]

inb4 Omicega takes over thread

who is this "omicega" you talk about

he sound disgusting and lead gank faction. i dont want my bong near him

but rely, i think corsair carier is good idea

due to pile of small materals they need to use hit and run tatics against big outcast enemy insted of big capital

RE: Corsair Carrier - Omicron - 09-09-2014

Every human being strives to survive and then satisfy basic needs such as food. Corsairs, as entity locked into overpopulated planet, build spaceships to reach and grab the resources they need - food and shipbuilding materials to grab more food. Nothing in this logic justifies building capital ships which are not that effective in territory they inhabit and are entirely useless for piracy.

Dont tell me how a couple of small biodomes can supply population of entire planet. I doubt it can actually make a freeport self-sufficient on the long run. The only fair point is shipping from Kusari yet... how often it actually happens? Last time I checked, that house refused to even acknowledge Corsairs.

RE: Corsair Carrier - Ayatolah - 09-09-2014

(09-09-2014, 01:48 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
(09-09-2014, 12:56 PM)n00bl3t Wrote: Or how IMG Miners have a full line?

Totally good point, I agree with you on this one. Doesn't negate mine though.

(09-09-2014, 12:56 PM)n00bl3t Wrote: The completely resource-exhausted Rheinland at end of SP still maintains a house and capitals? The Blood Dragons suddenly pulled a shipline out of their butts after SP?

Only if we'd have a limit on ship numbers implemented as a game mechanic... but so far all we have is a boolean switch: factions either can or can't build them. (Hint: Same goes for Council, all I can do in that regard is to set the inRP forces and where they operate, and then consider everything contradicting that, ooRP, because you know, we can't control indies after all...)

(09-09-2014, 12:56 PM)n00bl3t Wrote: Outcasts and Corsairs peak of shipbuilding technology in asteroids and nebula space was VHF and is now suddenly other bigger ships which inRP wouldn't work in asteroids and nebulas.

Aaaaagain another good point, Imo those mini-houses shouldn't have much more than destroyers either.

(09-09-2014, 12:56 PM)n00bl3t Wrote: (Rheinland capitals died to snub tactics in Sigma 13.)

One of the reason why Corsairs don't really need bigger ships. Big ones can fall to outnumbering.

(09-09-2014, 12:56 PM)n00bl3t Wrote: But somehow it's the people at the edge of resource-rich space, allied to the technological powerhouse of The Order (secretly) and the energy powerhouse (GMG) who have no enemies listed except nomads and which has the primary role of trade which somehow can't invest it's money into a shipbuilding line which functions as a deterrence against violence in lawless space.

Resource-rich space? So far all resource in Omicrons were Iridium and Alien Organisms (oh, and nomnom materials, for which so many people made Nephilims to hunt, like hunting down mankind's greatest enemy would be the most logical thing to do for space hippies in colony ships). Do you happen to know more about what the Nomicron update gonna bring us than the rest of us? Could you share a few details?

The Order as a powerhouse? Yes, they are high-tech, yet they just lost a whole planet to said greatest enemy of mankind in the recent years, and struggling to survive so much they are not afraid to accuse old allies of infestation simply because of lack of supplies. Something they won't really have much chance to continue as I've been hinted that Order might need to concentrate on their main goal now more than ever. Can they afford lending their technology to random people branded by the same word, "Zoners", because they all happen to live on the outer "Zones" of Sirius?

GMG as a powerhouse? Economically yes, diplomatically yes, they are kinda doing pretty well not to draw too much attention by not arming themselves needlessly. They can pull an other 80-year-maneuver anyways if needed. Why would they finance random people branded "Zoners" (see above) for building warships when they could just as well finance the Order, an actual set of professionals?

So what was your point with these alliances? Did you try to tell me technology and funds are pretty enough to spit out warships? Like manpower wouldn't even be a neccessity? Or simply that friends are all what you need and you can have everything? Order and GMG are allied to eachother too, but I don't see anybody trying to ask for GMG caps and then justify them with "being allied to a technological powerhouse".

(09-09-2014, 12:34 PM)Ayatolah Wrote: nowadays the Corsairs are no longer under risk of famine, as well as for player RP as well as the infocards, Lore-wise, they have a steady supply of basic needs, as well as imports from Kusary mainly, and now also own production (in small scale yet)

Umm, I find it quite illogical from a gameplay perspective. Starvation is the main reason for piracy and the hostile approach towards houses like Bretonia and Rheinland, which is one of the main aspects of Corsair roleplay (the other aspect being their hatred towards Outcasts). Wouldn't ending starvation kill off half of the faction's activity? (I got no idea what could be an alternative to fill the gap the removal of the need to pirate would create.)
Keep in mind that th corsairs have an ongoing war in Rheinland as well as the mollies (and by extension, Bretonia itself) while they don't need to raid for supplies any longer, ransacking can be pretty accepted as an act of war... nobody dislikes a surplus in goods....

RE: Corsair Carrier - bong_forum - 09-09-2014

(09-09-2014, 02:00 PM)Omicron Wrote: Every human being strives to survive and then satisfy basic needs such as food. Corsairs, as entity locked into overpopulated planet, build spaceships to reach and grab the resources they need - food and shipbuilding materials to grab more food. Nothing in this logic justifies building capital ships which are not that effective in territory they inhabit and are entirely useless for piracy.

Dont tell me how a couple of small biodomes can supply population of entire planet. I doubt it can actually make a freeport self-sufficient on the long run. The only fair point is shipping from Kusari yet... how often it actually happens? Last time I checked, that house refused to even acknowledge Corsairs.

see this were carier come in

like outlaw star said corsairs need base of operation outside of corsair base so they deploy carrier that can make many fighter snubs go out and pirate insted of useless drednaght that die to every cap

RE: Corsair Carrier - Thyrzul - 09-09-2014

(09-09-2014, 02:01 PM)Ayatolah Wrote: Keep in mind that th corsairs have an ongoing war in Rheinland as well as the mollies (and by extension, Bretonia itself) while they don't need to raid for supplies any longer

Starvation is the main reason for piracy and the hostile approach towards houses like Bretonia and Rheinland, [...] Wouldn't ending starvation kill off half of the faction's activity?

RE: Corsair Carrier - Omicron - 09-09-2014

(09-09-2014, 02:04 PM)bong_forum Wrote: see this were carier come in

like outlaw star said corsairs need base of operation outside of corsair base so they deploy carrier that can make many fighter snubs go out and pirate insted of useless drednaght that die to every cap

Corsairs already have a couple of strongholds, forward operation bases and friendly/neutral installations everywhere a Corsair would want to be.

RE: Corsair Carrier - Ayatolah - 09-09-2014

(09-09-2014, 02:17 PM)Thyrzul Wrote:
(09-09-2014, 02:01 PM)Ayatolah Wrote: Keep in mind that th corsairs have an ongoing war in Rheinland as well as the mollies (and by extension, Bretonia itself) while they don't need to raid for supplies any longer

Starvation is the main reason for piracy and the hostile approach towards houses like Bretonia and Rheinland, [...] Wouldn't ending starvation kill off half of the faction's activity?

War ain't only the direct confrontation of military and/or paramilitary forces, i has a very important logistic and economic sides, think about supply convoys interdiction and likewise. Each cargo pirated, each credit robbed is just a number more to keep the long line that requires the war effort.