Discovery Gaming Community
The Pirate ID - New Changes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The Pirate ID - New Changes (/showthread.php?tid=124513)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - nOmnomnOm - 01-10-2015

(01-10-2015, 06:45 AM)Alley Wrote:
(01-10-2015, 06:09 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: maybe people just dont want to have a lot of limitations on ZoI and pirate freely almost anywhere....

trigger warning: general statement and not actually an attack on the quoted person!!!!

If this is all disco is for you, we might as well change the ID system to be "good guy ID" "bad guy ID" "victim ID"
All these unlawful factions provide a large variety of roleplay due to their location and history. If all you care about is gimme20dollaz then you're missing a pretty large chunk of the game.

Wanting more zoi does not equal to wanting more money or only pirating and demanding 2 mil or die.

It equals to getting more people to pirate , more people to encounter, more people to roleplay with.

There seems to be also a misunderstanding in why there are house pirates and why there should be legit non house pirates. House pirates are organized. They have their own turf. They control. Control from who? Other houses and the non-house pirates that wana use their turf. This is best seen in liberty. It actually makes sence.

There was nothing wrong with pirates fighting over turf. It actually happens in the real world such as gangs.

There is nothing wrong with also demands on cops. Why? Because there will be a fight either way. Why not a little fun and possible rp before it happens.

But now a pirate ID cant even demand a shirt off someone's back. Or a beer for that matter. Or a smoke.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Shinju - 01-10-2015

(01-10-2015, 07:45 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: It equals to getting more people to pirate , more people to encounter, more people to roleplay with.

Excuse me, but lately I've seen just 2Milions or die, 10 seconds...

Nothing like WOW RPz, let's RP for a while. Just line stated above, or they used it like PvP ID without ZoI.

Anyway Pirates should mainly focus on piracy, not on lulz and pew pew pew like they used to.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Kauket - 01-10-2015

Most of the time when I tried to RP on my pirate with who I'm pirating, they just fly away or try to escape. Even after my demands, or even before.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Shinju - 01-10-2015

I don't say traders are bestest RP people ever. Honestly 90% of traders are just getting cash for their LelNS or whatnot... Not caring about RP. On the other hand... Pirates are same case. In 99% it's 2mil or dai line and not "No money? What about song, shirt and whatnot?"

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Zed26 - 01-10-2015

(01-10-2015, 07:23 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: I remember PLR and LR back in the day when i flew as them we used to demand things from cops all the time.
I remember and still see players charging miners/traders 10+ million knowing full well they dont get it just so that they can engage.

There is actually a reason why it is 2 million and that is because it is a safe number that usually is the average amount that would be feasible to get out of someone.

Im sorry but if a pirate cannot demand from a non-transport to "give me your panties" or "give me your shirt" or "give me your badge" then thats is just silly and the rules are restricting WAY too much.

The Rogue ID, and most other non-generic pirate IDs, can still make demands of any ship in their ZOI just fine. PLR and LR still make silly RP requests and keep a conscious credit limit on their piracy demands too. There are plenty of options out there for the creative.

A generic ID losing its ability to cheesily provoke PVP (which is already easy to get) with no intention to RP or get paid is hardly the end of the world. People who actually want to stop and RP and not just shoot/run will still do so without a formal demand.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Mímir - 01-10-2015

This is moronic, people will just choose some other ID instead to do the exact same things as they did before, and by all means they should!

You aren't "solving" anything, at all - you are pushing future conflicts between indie unlawful on faction ID's and their (policing) official factions. The end result is still the same: Aggressive people in fighters will kill plenty of things, doesn't matter if they do so with an Outcast ID, a Rogue ID or a Pirate ID. Or a corporate ID or Navy ID for that matter...

I hope you are aware that most other ID's (corporate ones, even) can just roll up to a hostile player and go "Hey scumbag, time for you to die" wait a little for some form of response while and then pew away. The idea that the old Pirate ID is oh so pvp-minded is just plain dumb. The only way that ID could in any way be perceived "abusable" was because it was more restricted than other ID's in the first place!

All you are doing is taking away some flavor from the mod, and for a period that's been the general direction things have been headed: Everything has to be bland and void of inspiration, and everything has to be the same. For an alleged roleplay server I really don't understand why things have to be so narrowly defined, like there is just one way of doing things. If there is one thing that characterizes real life and human beings, it is the multitude of differing approaches we take. That's what defines us as individuals, that's where creativity stems from.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - SystemsFailing - 01-10-2015

I don't adore this by far. It was quite weak already. Thank you for disappointing me again, Disco.
Pirating was already screwed up, god damn it. Why pushing it far to the bottom? Are you completely silly? I wish Igiss could see all this retardness...

I have merged your posts, no need to use two posts for this, use the edit function the next time.

If it was as weak as you claim it to be, how would you explain that it was always favored over the local pirate IDs, especially the smaller groups? I would explain that with a unlimited ZOI, a rather solid ship and equipment choice and the ability to shoot anything with a simple '2mrdai' demand (Anything means ANYTHING, regardless if trader, Freelancer, Military person, or level 30 Newbie).
Changes on this ID wont have any impact on piracy on the server, this change was long overdue to limit the abuse coming from an ID that had been used as Quasi-Terrorist ID way too long.
If this disappoints you, then thats more or less something we can live with.
Im also not too sure if indirectly calling people, that spend their free time to keep this place running, retarded is doing anything favorable for you. Though if it helps satisfying your bitter vet syndrom...
-J

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Doria - 01-10-2015

(01-10-2015, 08:34 AM)Mímir Wrote: This is moronic, [...]
(01-10-2015, 09:21 AM)SystemsFailing Wrote: [...] all this retardness...
And this do not help, you are being offensive against the admins and mods, and that is against server rules, not to mention plain rude. Let's avoid that, ok??
That being said, I think that this change can be good at the long time. Or perhaps not. We have to see. I think is worth the try, at least. I would prefer to have some dozen players permabanned, and most of them abuse the pirate ID and others (you know who they are), but let's see where this goes.
Let's just not call the folks that can ban you from the server "morons" or "retarded", ok?? That's not very clever...

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - SystemsFailing - 01-10-2015

They're killing my mod. Shall I be polite? No.
Instead of getting people back they jerk them off by more and more restrictions.

RE: The Pirate ID - New Changes - Doria - 01-10-2015

I'm sorry, but in my view attitudes like yours are what is killing the mod...

I think it's time to close this thread...

Or perhaps not. Let people offend each other as wanted. It's always fun to read the sanction notices later...