Discovery Gaming Community
Researcher ID - It's coming back! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Researcher ID - It's coming back! (/showthread.php?tid=124743)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Researcher ID - It's coming back! - Mímir - 01-16-2015

Why don't you just make the new mechanic ship based?

That way, you won't have to think about elitist ID, power trading or pvp allowances at all.

Just make a ship with 1 gun, 500 cargo and the anomaly scanner.

RE: Researcher ID - It's coming back! - Zen_Mechanics - 01-16-2015

#Fin, I didn't say that it needs to be roled-played well to justify it, and SRP is not the only way to prove a genuine role-play. Especaily when SRP relies more on the forum part then the actual, more critical part which is the role-play you present in-game. The way you presented this comeback is misleading - You should have said such a thing in a different tone, I'm sure people had an Idea already when they saw this thread but they had no Idea that it will yet again be closed-gotta prove worthy Idea. The money is not the issue and the length is also of minor importance. It's the jury that makes the call, That's you - And qouting the SRP proccess "Only the best will win, expect to fail" - SRP is not the best way to introduce the ID.

Theres an impression so far that whatever is posted in this sub-forum, it's designed for everyone - But this clearly isn't - so may I only suggest you move this to its proper place, which is in the SRP sub-forum.

Oh and just before some of you start bashing me for having an opinion, or that I undermind the efforts of the dev/admim team. - This topic is a complete party pooper, Because it has started nice - But then turned VIP only.

RE: Researcher ID - It's coming back! - Arioch - 01-16-2015

It's not VIP only - You have to apply to be in a faction, right Versus indie? Please tell me the difference. If you don't want to be in a faction, the fly independent. I fail to see the difference here. You say that we, the jury, make the call. Again, how is this different than any faction? And should I quote MY post, where I said that this SRP for the ID will be a hell of a lot easier? So you are quoting something that I already said won't be the case... Unless you chose to ignore that part of my post.

As I said, no matter what we do, people will complain. 1,000 cargo? NO! HOW DARE YOU!. Limit to cargo? NO! HOW DARE YOU DETERMINE HOW MUCH I CAN CARRY. Present an ID and let people show they are responsible/will be responsible with what could be an OP ID? NO, HOW DARE YOU! Seriously, nothing will please you lot. Disappointing really. Especially when it is all subject to change. Maybe down the road we see that "hey, maybe we'll make it non-SRP" (Considering, as I said, this is just a upgrade to the Freelancer ID. So you don't want to be a Researcher/apply for it? Then be "un-official" in terns of official and indies, and fly a Freelancer ID.

Seriously, there is NOTHING lost by adding this ID, but a ton of RP potential to gain.

RE: Researcher ID - It's coming back! - Shinju - 01-16-2015

I am kinda looking forward to it, due to some restrictions of Faction IDs ^.~

I'm not complaining, I'm giving a critical opinion about this subject, If you are to announce something to the community, for the community - Freely to the community then this is the place to do it. But if you introduce something that will only be available through the "system" then it isn't the right place. You can post this in the SRP forum where it actually belongs, That' doesn't mean people won't see it - And I'm sure people will still complain. So Thank you and the devs for making this a reality, I can't express my gratitude enough - But I cannot refrain from critising the way you introduced it. I see plenty of ads of "buy this and get X in return" and whenever I scroll I can see the "hidden" letters and I'm completely boo-hoo. Here I thought a brand new ID, That's ultra rare these days in disco - But no It's again restricted or requires permission. Bare in mind, I have no intention of getting this ID even if it was open - But I felt joy for everyone when I first refreshed the page - But completely appointed when I heard "SRP".

RE: Researcher ID - It's coming back! - Arioch - 01-16-2015

This is an announcement of something being added to the game. This is the correct spot to announce it. This EXACTLY proves my point, that nothing will satisfy people. First it's "Why introduce a copy/paste ID?" to "It's SRP, how dare you?" to "It's in the wrong forum, how dare you".

Wow.

I'm sorry but nowhere have I attacked or complained or said anything about Copy/Paste. I said that history shows that almost everything posted here is open, I don't know how else to put it - Open without permission perhaps? But you introducted something that only benefits one perecent of the community. What if someone wants to try the ID, or try the Role-play, I don't suppose you'll hand them one? So this again leads me to the point that everything about the SRP is on forum-lancing ( a big chunk to be honest ) and only then in-game. Tell me, Is that not the case? I'm open to the Idea that I'm wrong. Yeah I realize that they can pick a zoner ID and start a role-play, But then what's the point of the ID other then the name, the ID, and anomaly scanner of some sort. They can just as well get a Spec Ops ID and the anomaly scanner. This is precisely why you should create two versions, one that can be open but less sophisticated.

RE: Researcher ID - It's coming back! - Alley - 01-16-2015

(01-16-2015, 08:15 PM)Zayne Carrick Wrote: You know, I've wanted to write a long post about elitists ruining my Discovery. Then I've realised, that I would be happy to receive The Very Elitist Red Hessian Army ID™. So if I don't want to look two-faced, I shouldn't write posts of any length about elitists ruining my Discovery.

Let's make this short then:
I don't care about Researcher ID, but if there'll be new activity type intoduced for it, it should be open. Or there should be open Independent Researcher ID with limitations on cargospace/something else.

I'd be pretty annoyed to work on an extensive addition just for 5 people.

Intelligence factions should have access to scanning and stuff, but the Researcher ID would provide more resources than these or the possibility to get a commodity the Intelligence factions can't. After all the Researcher ID will require some patience and work if the admins keep the SRP requirement. Intelligence IDs can be used by anyone and it's not really fair that lots of work isn't rewarded in some way.

RE: Researcher ID - It's coming back! - Stoner_Steve - 01-16-2015

I'm pretty excited for the new ID, gives me incentive to restart this project

RE: Researcher ID - It's coming back! - Eugen - 01-16-2015

"Also, there is discussion about allowing the ID to be able to scan anomalies or what not, and it will give you a reward in return. Stayed tuned for what that may be, if implemented."
Sounds intresting but please dont limit it to a SRp id only (the Srp one sould be the ultimate one)

*Adding* nevermind 2posts above ^^