Discovery Gaming Community
Ship Modeling Request: GMG Gunship/Gunboat - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: Ship Modeling Request: GMG Gunship/Gunboat (/showthread.php?tid=127894)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Ship Modeling Request: GMG Gunship/Gunboat - Crackpunch - 04-08-2015

(04-08-2015, 05:36 PM)Pancakes Wrote: @Crackpunch

I assure you that GMG caught by KNF flying with a Blood Dragon Gunboat would have quite the repercussions.

Cut the crap will you? Junkers and GMG have about the same level of need for a GB, if anything the territorial GMG have a greater need for it, mostly because of the area they operate in (hint: Gas Pockets), as a [KNF] the amount of time I had to pullback from bombing Outcast caps with several bombers in Sigma-13 is overly high, and then call for a cap support. GMG have to face this constantly, but no cap support since they have none.

Forgive me for not being completely familiar with current GMG activities, but I'm going to assume GMG does the majority of their work in the Sigmas? Venturing out to sell their gas? The main issue appears to be gas pockets outside of house space where anyone who gives a damn about what GMG are flying shouldn't be? At one point the GMG were ready to go to war with the KNF, I'm curious as to why they're so careful now about upsetting them.
Junkers and GMG are apples and oranges.

Why not make the gas pockets do massive amounts of shield damage? Assuming the pockets don't detonate torps, a constantly shieldless gunboat would be a sitting duck.

RE: Ship Modeling Request: GMG Gunship/Gunboat - Omicron - 04-09-2015

80 years war happened when GMG exclusively dwelled in nebula. Nowadays look at Okinawa and later-colonized Sigmas - quite a lot of open ground. GMG shouldn't be forced to go against gunboat-spamming factions without an effective counter option of their own.

That saying, let them have it.

RE: Ship Modeling Request: GMG Gunship/Gunboat - Lythrilux - 04-09-2015

(04-08-2015, 11:48 PM)Crackpunch Wrote: Junkers and GMG are apples and oranges.
GMG are a mini-house so if Junkers are capable of gaining a Gunboat I'm sure that GMG is just as capable, if not more capable of getting their own Gunboat.

(04-08-2015, 11:48 PM)Crackpunch Wrote: Why not make the gas pockets do massive amounts of shield damage? Assuming the pockets don't detonate torps, a constantly shieldless gunboat would be a sitting duck.
Problem is I'd assume that'd also render snubs shieldless too. Now, vs the normal Solaris boats maybe it won't be as bad but Gunboats with insta-kill loadouts will get a massive advantage as they will no longer need to deshield snubs before insta-ing them.

Honestly I really doubt that the same tactic would continue to work after the 80 years war. Enemies evolve and gain new tactics and technology - GMG would obviously need to do the same.

RE: Ship Modeling Request: GMG Gunship/Gunboat - Swifty - 04-09-2015

(04-09-2015, 12:08 AM)Omicron Wrote: 80 years war happened when GMG exclusively dwelled in nebula. Nowadays look at Okinawa and later-colonized Sigmas - quite a lot of open ground. GMG shouldn't be forced to go against gunboat-spamming factions without an effective counter option of their own.

That saying, let them have it.

I second this.

GMG really does deserve to have at least Gunships on it's own, it'd make sense. Also, I'm not sure why are certain people so mad about it, or is it that they hate GMG so bad? Either way, let them have the GB/GS.

RE: Ship Modeling Request: GMG Gunship/Gunboat - Crackpunch - 04-09-2015

(04-09-2015, 12:15 AM)Lythrilux Wrote:
(04-08-2015, 11:48 PM)Crackpunch Wrote: Junkers and GMG are apples and oranges.
GMG are a mini-house so if Junkers are capable of gaining a Gunboat I'm sure that GMG is just as capable, if not more capable of getting their own Gunboat.

(04-08-2015, 11:48 PM)Crackpunch Wrote: Why not make the gas pockets do massive amounts of shield damage? Assuming the pockets don't detonate torps, a constantly shieldless gunboat would be a sitting duck.
Problem is I'd assume that'd also render snubs shieldless too. Now, vs the normal Solaris boats maybe it won't be as bad but Gunboats with insta-kill loadouts will get a massive advantage as they will no longer need to deshield snubs before insta-ing them.

Honestly I really doubt that the same tactic would continue to work after the 80 years war. Enemies evolve and gain new tactics and technology - GMG would obviously need to do the same.

I agree, they're perfectly capable of having a gunboat, but I'd rather find a way for GMG to keep their reputation for being hard core snub aces, rather than just giving them a gunboat making them just like everyone else.
The reason given for wanting a gunboat was supposed to be because their enemies are crushing them in the gas fields, but no one is accepting any other kind of idea to solve the issue without the addition of more gunboats.

--

@ Omicron
Open ground isn't the issue at all.

--

Let me ask this, if the gas fields weren't a problem, would you still be asking for a gunboat?

RE: Ship Modeling Request: GMG Gunship/Gunboat - Wildkins - 04-09-2015

(04-09-2015, 12:42 AM)Crackpunch Wrote: Let me ask this, if the gas fields weren't a problem, would you still be asking for a gunboat?

Yes, they would, because they have to fight gunboats on a daily basis with only snubcraft. Not a favorable situation in the slightest.

RE: Ship Modeling Request: GMG Gunship/Gunboat - Crackpunch - 04-10-2015

(04-09-2015, 01:08 AM)John Wildkins Wrote:
(04-09-2015, 12:42 AM)Crackpunch Wrote: Let me ask this, if the gas fields weren't a problem, would you still be asking for a gunboat?

Yes, they would, because they have to fight gunboats on a daily basis with only snubcraft. Not a favorable situation in the slightest.

Well I guess if that's an issue too, they probably do need gunboat support. I got the idea that the key issue was the gas fields.
I guess their request for a gunboat is legitimate enough. I just hope they don't forget their roots when they start flying them.

RE: Ship Modeling Request: GMG Gunship/Gunboat - Cælumaresh - 06-04-2015

Just a bump for the GMG

~ Cael

RE: Ship Modeling Request: GMG Gunship/Gunboat - Gas Miners Guild - 06-05-2015

This needs to happen common guys, give us something that we really do deserve now. As we say, we're not just a company, we're a sovereign and a rich one too. We should technically be able to design us own gunboats... So make us one?
Pleaseeeee!

Thanks in advance,
Mark_Brown
GMG - Guild Leader

RE: Ship Modeling Request: GMG Gunship/Gunboat - Swallow - 06-12-2015

I pick up your request. Contact me in PM or Skype and provide detail and (if present) sketches.