Discovery Gaming Community
Avatars and Signatures - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site & Forum Feedback (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Avatars and Signatures (/showthread.php?tid=12832)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Avatars and Signatures - Baltar - 10-08-2008

' Wrote:I already fixed my avatar, but thanks anyway for the ILL concern, mates.
;P

Thank you sir ... much better.

Avatars and Signatures - tfmachad - 10-08-2008

' Wrote:It is reasonable, just not viable. (You should know what he means anyway.)
I wouldn't say proposing to shut down all avatars and signatures is reasonable as well; specially when you consider that not all of them, but some, where the problem.

From dictionary.reference.com:

Quote:reasonable
1. agreeable to reason or sound judgment; logical: a reasonable choice for chairman.
2. not exceeding the limit prescribed by reason; not excessive: reasonable terms.
3. moderate, esp. in price; not expensive: The coat was reasonable but not cheap.
4. endowed with reason.
5. capable of rational behavior, decision, etc.

' Wrote:Being a little picky, aren't we Nath?

He had a problem with a single avatar. He opened up a public tinderbox. Hyuung and others offered a viable solution.

What more do you want?
Well, when you guys come around with agreeing upon the initial solutions proposed being either reasonable or viable, we can talk further. As for what I want: With remarking upon the paradox of accusing someone of being "incendiary" while acting as such yourself, as a moderator, I want you guys to either:
  1. Help the original poster find a solution to his problem in a civilized fashion;
  2. Report the thread if you have strong feelings upon it being out of place, unnecessary or inflamatory so it can be taken care of properly by the powers that be (either by a move or a lock);
  3. Don't spam it with neither nonsense and specially not with directed offenses; which makes sense if you don't like the thread and want it to succumb.

' Wrote:Half a dozen? Baltar sounded like he was have explosions of fits and
MANY MANY avatars and signatures were giving him headaches and offending him. I offered... Then ...
You know what?
I'm not going to help any more.
' Wrote:...
I'm seriously getting a migraine from some of these avatars and signatures ... especially those that flash, blink, etc.
... can we PLEASE get rid of some of these obnoxious avatars and signatures. There are some pretty tasteless animations going on ...
...and later...
' Wrote:...
@ Linkero: I like the signatures and avatars for the most part. But you've gotta show some respect for others.
Anyway, just so you don't say I'm all sour and no sweet, I'm moving this to a more appropriate place.

Avatars and Signatures - Orin - 10-08-2008

I don't know, Gronath. What's reasonable and what's not is subjective. I can rightly state that most of us think turning off pictures isn't going to kill anyone, and it would have solved this problem a lot earlier, instead of turning this into what is was.

And as for my comments being incendiary? Please read my posts. Gronath. Not only did I suggest the only solution I knew, I was fairly easygoing the whole time. I even gave him a step-by-step explanation on something he didn't understand.

<shrugs>

Avatars and Signatures - tfmachad - 10-08-2008

' Wrote:I don't know, Gronath. What's reasonable and what's not is subjective. I can rightly state that most of us think turning off pictures isn't going to kill anyone, and it would have solved this problem a lot earlier, instead of turning this into what is was.

And as for my comments being incendiary? Please read my posts. Gronath. Not only did I suggest the only solution I knew, I was fairly easygoing the whole time. I even gave him a step-by-step explanation on something he didn't understand.

<shrugs>
I agree with you that turning off pictures is not going to kill anyone. My browser at work is set not to auto-load pictures for some time now and I'm still alive. What also won't kill anyone is to refrain from attacking and/or satirizing people for the kicks of it. Whatever their opinions on them might be.

I'll say again, if you have strong feelings about a thread, just request that it be moved to a proper place or locked. Don't take it upon yourselves to spam it so badly that's the only option left to admins and moderators.

This thread is just an example. A lot of what has happened here happens on a daily basis on other threads as well. I'm only asking that you guys stop, breathe and pay attention to what's going on around you.

As for your comments being incendiary... Where did I mention your comments in particular as being incendiary?

Take a look around for a second:

Quote:Epileptics really dont belong on the internet, for their own health.

Question: can i have a dancing banana as my avatar, a flashing light, a barking dog, a flying cat licking the screen at the same time? All in one?

Hmmmm...... I get headaches from non moving signatures.

So, baltar, is this flashing and moving enough for you?

I just find it rediculous that people can't stand moving avatar/signatures.

Baltar, you're annoying me... Please stop doing this crap.

I am upset at the thread.

Ok, I know this is absolutely cruel and mean, but it's too funny not to post. I'll remove it once baltar has seen it... He has seen it, my work here is done

Baltar: What is with the (name:) thing, THATS giving me a migrane....

Avatars and Signatures - Zygoeths - 10-08-2008

I'm laughing about how most of them are by me XD. Anyway baltar, just turn off pictures in your controls jeez.... some people like the moving pictures and find them fascinating. Except for ones like tenacity's (the spinning ship) anything going in circles makes me want to throw up.