Discovery Gaming Community
Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF (/showthread.php?tid=130647)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Lumik - 06-22-2015

(06-22-2015, 10:48 AM)Snake Wrote: Pirate IFF, because you are registered as a Criminal/Pirate. Obviously your Char will act and have such behaviour/attiude inRP aswell, which will show you an obvious Pirate.

There is a difference between a Criminal/Unlawful and a Pirate. Criminals can just be Terrorists that attack for a specific goal. Criminals can also be registered as criminals in the System but maybe in fact are innocent thus they fight the system.

But a Pirate is known for its action and purpose.

You omit something - before the first piracy is committed, the individual is simple legal Freelancer. Technically when I make pirate char, I shouldn´t be treated as pirate before I pirate someone for first time. Not to mention that not all pirate attacks are reported (for example if the pirated ship is destroyed and crew inRP murdered) and also not all houses share the lists of known pirates (I doubt Gallia shares their list with Bretonia, Rheinland with Liberty and vice versa).

Not to mentioned there is always possibility to change registration of the ship (like it is done inRL with stolen cars and even sea ships).

So criminals and pirates can actually get away from being marked/registered as unlawfuls for quite some time, especially if they are clever.

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - SnakeLancerHaven - 06-22-2015

Nah, if you start to RP as a pirate you character ALREADY has a background Lore on how he became a pirate in the first place. Because else why would you carry the Pirate ID? You must ve pirated someone already to BE A PIRATE. It makes no sense that you would call yourself a pirate without even have pirated someone once, hence why you ARE a pirate.

A Criminal is different here. Because else this all is contradicting. I m a pirate but I m not, seriously? :|

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Fluffyball - 06-22-2015

(06-22-2015, 10:30 AM)Snake Wrote: But you guys know, that all of your "No-IFF" arguement is ooRP related right? If you look at it from a RP point of view, this IFF makes totaly sense.

Let's just make Criminal IFF a white one for everyone. There, job done. On the one hand, it would give Pirate ID players some ploy that they used to do until this time, while on the second hand that ploy would be clearly visible when target would be closer than 9K.

Toris you refer to a "Suspicous" IFF, in an RP server which is all organized and named. A Pirate is a damn Pirate, not some Unknown Mission Impossible Zorro guy which hides himself under a Mask. By choosing the Pirate ID you already know what awaits you and yiu know what you are, everything else is ooRP related just for your own benefit.

(06-22-2015, 11:28 AM)Snake Wrote: Toris you refer to a "Suspicous" IFF, in an RP server which is all organized and named. A Pirate is a damn Pirate, not some Unknown Mission Impossible Zorro guy which hides himself under a Mask. By choosing the Pirate ID you already know what awaits you and yiu know what you are, everything else is ooRP related just for your own benefit.

Then rulesets of the ID and accessed technology should be changed, because this would be the most useless ID and I'd take Outcast ID over Pirate ID, because only two places are unavailable for me to pirate and I have access to way better tech.

Anyway, tell me this: What about Freelancers killing and destroying transports of the certain faction? They have Freelancer IFF and you can't even negotiate with them (in majority of situations). I can see the rage of players that "Freelancer IFF is abused! Sanction them!"

Well some people just want to be independant Pirate (actually not only some but many) instead of cardi addicted origin O-Alpha Outcast, dependant/connected/tied.

I'm sure many of us just want to RP as an indie Pirate where you wont have complications, because else... I would like to get Wilde iFF on my infected Pirate too 8( but no can do.

You still got it wrong. Not every Pirate ID targets all the ships around. Some may spare the Bretonian ones, some may spare the Kusari ones. Seeing from 9K that someone is a Criminal IFF is already an advantage for a trader. If you haven't checked that, sorry, it's you to be blamed. It's better, I agree, than being 2K from the target to scan it, when it's too late.

We shouldn't make Non-House Space even safer than it is. Let's give traders something to actually fear. Space is dangerous, why make it a kintergarden?

RE: Poll: Independent Pirate IFF - Kosa - 06-22-2015

Question 1: No, do not force the Pirate IFF please.
It provides good roleplay to use Pirate ID with some other IFF. The backbone of Pirate ID is freedom and it has many restrictions to balance this freedom.

Question 2:
I'm not aware of above said abuses so I leave this matter in your.... capable hands...
I never use FL IFF with Pirate ID. A FL IFF bomber screams !!!PIRATE!!! from 10K anyways.
If you guys think there is abuse and it is becoming a problem then go for the restriction. Otherwise I'm fine with it.

To be honest, such IFF would actually scare Traders instead of that indie scums we RP hiddenly. As Max once wrote "Pirate IFF *Runs away*" it gives a heavyness/elitism to thr Pirates. Pirates are feared because people know what Pirates are. But with all the IFF hiding no pirate is taken seriously, just a scum criminal/low life that ll prolly get killed by Cops in any moment. But Pirates are different. No srsly the "we shouldnt give traders advantage" is so ooRP related and i know damn well why you guys try to fight it off. But to be honest, wouldnt corsairs, rogues, outcasts and all those hide under another IFF too if they would want their benefit in this? No, hell they even pirate harder than all of us indie Pirates, even though their IFF displays a clear hostility. But do they QQ about it? No, they keep it all inRP and thats what we should do too as pirates.

Quote:No srsly the "we shouldnt give traders advantage" is so ooRP related and i know damn well why you guys try to fight it off.

I do not want Pirate ID to be more nerfed that it is, simple as that. Even some civilian stuff is nerfed on that ID.